Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The truth about hell fire

The truth about hell fire

Do you believe in Hell? I don't.

You may criticize this video for its reliance on our subjective feelings about the subject, but what it's really saying is that the entire idea of hell fire is not consistent with God's nature.

One other thing I would like to make clear is that this video, while effectively refuting the idea that God would torture people for all eternity, it seems to be suggesting that people's existence is erased for being evil. That is not something I necessarily believe, but as far as the concept of eternal torment in Hell is concerned, I think it's a ridiculous doctrine that needs to be expelled from Christianity altogether.

I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hell is consistent with God's nature because He is holy and won't allow sin in His presence. It's the ones who reject Hell who deny God's holy nature...and that is a horrible position to be in.

I think arguing about the topic from such a "subjective" viewpoint... shows/encourages a complete lack of understanding of the motives/will of God in general.

Apply the same logic to sin, as you do hell.
    They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

While others were burning and sacrificing their kids in the fire of Baal, didn't God say it has never entered His mind to burn His children?

Would you marry a man that says he loves you, and if you don't love him back he will burn you?
    Or follow a God that demands you love your enemies but is going to burn all of his?
    I suggest that if your in church for fire insurance, perhaps your going for the wrong reason. Your pyrotechnic god sounds more like Baal to me. Just sayn.

Quote Originally Posted by bubbleboy View Post
    While others were burning and sacrificing their kids in the fire of Baal, didn't God say it has never entered His mind to burn His children?
    Are you saying God disproves of child sacrifice? Of course. But the reason they did that is because they were evil and under God's judgement.

Would you marry a man that says he loves you, and if you don't love him back he will burn you?
    Or follow a God that demands you love your enemies but is going to burn all of his?
    I suggest that if your in church for fire insurance, perhaps your going for the wrong reason. Your pyrotechnic god sounds more like Baal to me. Just sayn.
    God doesn't burn His enemies. He had mercy on His enemies. He chooses the enemies that He has eternally intended to regenerate, and puts a heart of flesh in them, and totally saves them, and makes them love Him by putting His spirit into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Hell is consistent with God's nature because He is holy and won't allow sin in His presence. It's the ones who reject Hell who deny God's holy nature...and that is a horrible position to be in.
    Throwing the evil in a Lake of Fire and putting an end to them is another way to disallow evil from His presence. Just because someone has long arms and kept going through drive throughs after his driver's door window quit working does not mean he's reaching through the rear door window. He might have fixed the malfunction.

God doesn't burn His enemies. He had mercy on His enemies. He chooses the enemies that He has eternally intended to regenerate, and puts a heart of flesh in them, and totally saves them, and makes them love Him by putting His spirit into them.
    So He only subjects his friends to eternal torment? With friends like your god...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post

You may criticize this video for its reliance on our subjective feelings about the subject, but what it's really saying is that the entire idea of hell fire is not consistent with God's nature.

One other thing I would like to make clear is that this video, while effectively refuting the idea that God would torture people for all eternity, it seems to be suggesting that people's existence is erased for being evil. That is not something I necessarily believe, but as far as the concept of eternal torment in Hell is concerned, I think it's a ridiculous doctrine that needs to be expelled from Christianity altogether.

Very good video. +rep. Satan told the lie "You shall not surely die." The idea of eternal hell perpetuates that lie.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

This is an excellent video. The only thing I would point out, is that when the appeals are made to the statement "God is just", then there are two ways to interpret that. Either "Anything that God does is just by definition" (which would not have any bearing on this topic either way because if he did burn people for eternity, then it would still be "just" even considering how illogical and hypocritical that idea seems to us), or it could mean "God always adheres to some standard of justice (which doesn't include burning people forever)." In my opinion, the second interpretation is more reasonable, but this would either have to appeal to our human sense of justice, or otherwise admit that justice exists outside of God.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Throwing the evil in a Lake of Fire and putting an end to them is another way to disallow evil from His presence. Just because someone has long arms and kept going through drive throughs after his driver's door window quit working does not mean he's reaching through the rear door window. He might have fixed the malfunction.

So He only subjects his friends to eternal torment? With friends like your god...
    Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Very good video. +rep. Satan told the lie "You shall not surely die." The idea of eternal hell perpetuates that lie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    This is an excellent video. The only thing I would point out, is that when the appeals are made to the statement "God is just", then there are two ways to interpret that. Either "Anything that God does is just by definition" (which would not have any bearing on this topic either way because if he did burn people for eternity, then it would still be "just" even considering how illogical and hypocritical that idea seems to us), or it could mean "God always adheres to some standard of justice (which doesn't include burning people forever)." In my opinion, the second interpretation is more reasonable, but this would either have to appeal to our human sense of justice, or otherwise admit that justice exists outside of God.
    It's a very popular view isn't it, everybody?

But what if God's justice is not understood by you because you are a sinner and don't understand the holiness of God?

Think about it.

But what if God's justice is not understood by you because you are a sinner and don't understand the holiness of God?

Think about it.
    If God's justice is not understood by me because I don't understand, then I would not understand because I don't understand. I hope that answers your question.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Think about it.
    It isn't popular because of denial. Though this is one of the areas where the Bible has been known to contradict itself, this is still a far more Biblical model than Dante's Inferno.

And if sinners can't understand a viewpoint, then that includes you, too. No wonder you can never seem to successfully explain it. Despite having a mind that God created in the image of His own.

I don't suppose you'd care to explain how God, who is everywhere (including, presumably, hell), is supposed to purge evil from His presence without destroying it outright...?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 03-01-2015 at 04:20 PM.
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Think about it.
    His Justice isn't being disputed but rather your corrupted viewpoint.

"Think about it."

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    His Justice isn't being disputed but rather your corrupted viewpoint.

"Think about it."
    Think about it though. Is there anything to the fact that this viewpoint that I say the Bible teaches is universally hated?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Think about it though. Is there anything to the fact that this viewpoint that I say the Bible teaches is universally hated?
    I know I hate it when certain people try to add works of fiction like Dante's Inferno to the Bible. There is enough misinterpretation of the book without that.

It's not universally hated. Millions of people in your religion, yourself included, and in other religions, don't hate it.

Life, Liberty, Logic

Eternal torment is an entirely false doctrine that has no support in the Bible whatsoever. Jesus taught about Gehenna, which is a literal place located outside of Jerusalem where children were sacrificed during Old Testament times. Jesus used that term for a very specific reason, because it was used to communicate that those who will be thrown into Gehenna will receive the same fate that those children received.

I think that's ridiculous. You're saying denying hell makes you subject to going there? That is absolutely bizarre. I can't imagine how you think that's consistent with a loving God. Remember, the Bible says God IS love. It never says God IS vengeance...

Let me ask you, you believe God is omnipresent, right? Wouldn't it follow that he is present in Hell, wherever that is?
    Last edited by PaulConventionWV; 03-01-2015 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by staerker View Post
    I think arguing about the topic from such a "subjective" viewpoint... shows/encourages a complete lack of understanding of the motives/will of God in general.

Apply the same logic to sin, as you do hell.
    Meaning what?

I know that there is a perverse thought process that believes that if there is opposition to a specific viewpoint then it must be a "Biblical" argument which is being opposed and that the limited acceptance points to it being part of the narrow way. It is a ridiculous method of validating. If your proposal is being rejected it could very well be because it is ignorant of the Truth. If you wanted to proclaim people should throw their children into volcanoes to appease your god it is likely to find almost universal rejection as well...

Your turn, "Think about it".

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Exactly. I wish SF would respond to the points in the video, such as, why would God make the evil immortal by keeping them artificially alive in Hell forever? What's the point of that and how do you call that "just" based on God's Word?

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    False. There is a third option, namely "justice is a part of God's nature." You don't have to appeal to anything other than God himself in order to say what is just.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Exactly. I wish SF would respond to the points in the video, such as, why would God make the evil immortal by keeping them artificially alive in Hell forever? What's the point of that and how do you call that "just" based on God's Word?
    It's also the exact opposite of what the Bible says. The Bible says that man can only receive immortality through the gospel.

2 Timothy 1: 10

"But now has been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel."

Think about it.
    So you're saying there is no way for us to understand God's Word, the Bible because the Bible isn't for us sinners? That makes no sense. Isn't everyone a sinner?

So you're saying there is no way for us to understand God's Word, the Bible because the Bible isn't for us sinners? That makes no sense. Isn't everyone a sinner?
    Yes. Most of the people who have read the Bible have read it as unregenerate sinners.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    It's also the exact opposite of what the Bible says. The Bible says that man can only receive immortality through the gospel.

2 Timothy 1: 10

"But now has been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel."
    Exactly. This is why I reject the doctrine of eternal torment. It is neither biblical nor consistent with God's nature.

Yes. Most of the people who have read the Bible have read it as unregenerate sinners.
    So then none of us are capable of understanding it? How are we capable of understanding anything?

So then none of us are capable of understanding it? How are we capable of understanding anything?
    The Holy Spirit makes God's people understand His word. Without the Holy Spirit, the natural man can come up with anything, including universalism.

Page 1 of 30 12311 ... LastLast