Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: The truth about hell fire

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    No liar. I read the science and understood enough about quantum mechanics for the multiverse to make sense. It doesn't go against the Bible despite your infantile protestations to the contrary. I believed in the concept of the multi-verse long before I ran into people that were so warped that they denied the Bible truth that God is not the author of sin like you do.
    You believe in that theory that is no where in the Bible because you use it as the foundation for free will. If you think that isn't obvious to everyone here, you must be nuts.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    I didn't say I believe it. I'm saying its possible.

I have a harder time saying that the assumption of Mary is possible because of the other heresies its linked to. I just think its really unlikely. But, Enoch and Elijah both didn't die, so its not impossible that God did the same thing with Mary. I see no good reason to believe that since its not in the text.
    I'm pretty sure Sola_Fide believes that Enoch and Elijah died. So you are "wrong" on that as well according to the gospel of SF. Welcome to the heretic party.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    You believe in that theory that is no where in the Bible because you use it as the foundation for free will.
    No liar. I believe it because it is supported by science. You are the first Christian I ever ran into that denies freewill so it's beyond stupid of you to think that was my motivation for believing in the multiverse when I believed that before I met you. Now liar, here is another question for you that you so far have refused to answer. Why do you not believe that the sun moves across the sky as opposed to the earth rotating? After all the Bible says Joshua made the sun stand still.

If you think that isn't obvious to everyone here, you must be nuts.
    Says the person that argued on my behalf and claimed I was talking to myself. Clearly you are the crazy one. I guess I am nuts for thinking I could have an intelligent conversation with someone as looney as you.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

No liar. I believe it because it is supported by science. You are the first Christian I ever ran into that denies freewill
    I deny it as well.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Right. It's not in the text, so why believe it? I'll tell you why:

Roman Catholics believe it because they want nothing more than to elevate Mary to the place of mediator between God and man.

Jmdrake believes what he believes because it allows him to elevate man's will so that it is autonomous.

Look at the motivations behind doctrines. Do they magnify the Creator? Or magnify the creation?
    I don't "believe" in multiple universes either. I'm just saying its not absolutely impossible. I'd say the same thing about the "assumption of Mary" as well.

With that said, I agree with you. The motivations are bad in either case.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

No liar. I believe it because it is supported by science. You are the first Christian I ever ran into that denies freewill so it's beyond stupid of you to think that was my motivation for believing in the multiverse when I believed that before I met you. Now liar, here is another question for you that you so far have refused to answer. Why do you not believe that the sun moves across the sky as opposed to the earth rotating? After all the Bible says Joshua made the sun stand still.

Says the person that argued on my behalf and claimed I was talking to myself. Clearly you are the crazy one. I guess I am nuts for thinking I could have an intelligent conversation with someone as looney as you.

No Christian that has ever existed says that man has a free will to choose or reject God. You've never talked to a Christian.

I deny it as well.
    I didn't say he was the only one. And (sadly) I met him before I met you. My point is that I had an understanding of the multiverse before I ever had the "motivation" for that belief that he falsely claims I have. I thought the point I as making as obvious.

No Christian that has ever existed says that man has a free will to choose or reject God. You've never talked to a Christian.
    Well I know for certain I'm not talking to one when I am talking to you.

Well I know for certain I'm not talking to one when I am talking to you.
    No you don't

I don't "believe" in multiple universes either. I'm just saying its not absolutely impossible. I'd say the same thing about the "assumption of Mary" as well.

With that said, I agree with you. The motivations are bad in either case.
    Except the only "motivation" for a belief in the multiverse is science. Really, have you not studied quantum mechanics? That all of this fits what my understanding of freewill simply is a bonus of further knowledge. It is a lie to call it a motivation. Don't fall into SF's trap. And I'm still waiting for SF to answer my question about Joshua. He won't because he is afraid to answer it. That's the way he always operates. He won't answer questions that show him to be the ignoramus he is.

Even if you were right about free will, if you don't think it is possible to be simply wrong about something and be a Christ-follower at the same time, then no one is a Christian including you.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

No you don't
    Yeah I do.

John 13:35; John 8:44; Rev 12:10; Matt 7:16; Gal 5:22

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    These conversations on the religion forum are so much more pleasant to read when you put Sola Fide on ignore. That's really something that everyone should do.

Except the only "motivation" for a belief in the multiverse is science. Really, have you not studied quantum mechanics? That all of this fits what my understanding of freewill simply is a bonus of further knowledge. It is a lie to call it a motivation. Don't fall into SF's trap. And I'm still waiting for SF to answer my question about Joshua. He won't because he is afraid to answer it. That's the way he always operates. He won't answer questions that show him to be the ignoramus he is.
    Okay, let's answer it. Here's your question:
    Why do you not believe that the sun moves across the sky as opposed to the earth rotating? After all the Bible says Joshua made the sun stand still.
    Since the multiverse exists, and every possible thing happened, then there was never a person named Joshua. Jesus didn't die on the cross either. That is another thing that happened.

Wait...why do you say you can know anything at all based on this theory of yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Acts 16:30-31
    The jailer called for lights, rushed in and fell trembling before Paul and Silas. He then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”

They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.”
    It doesn't say "believe that God created one universe and not many universes"
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    These conversations on the religion forum are so much more pleasant to read when you put Sola Fide on ignore. That's really something that everyone should do.
    The ignore function is for cowards who are too afraid to offer their views in the marketplace of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    It doesn't say "believe that God created one universe and not many universes"
    What Lord Jesus? The one who died on the cross? If the multiverse exists, then there was a Jesus who didn't die on the cross. And there was never a Jesus who became flesh and dwelt among men. If everything possible happened, those things happened too.

Yes. What on earth does that have to do with genetics?
    Um, so it is integral to their make up that they are different from each other in their formation? think real long and hard as to what that means and I am sure your superior intellect will grasp how that relates to their genetic make up.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by moostraks View Post
    Um, so it is integral to their make up that they are different from each other in their formation? think real long and hard as to what that means and I am sure your superior intellect will grasp how that relates to their genetic make up.
    No one here has said that men are made different from one another. I have not said that. There is no such thing as a genetic difference in regards to election. Election has NOTHING to do with genetics.

What Lord Jesus? The one who died on the cross? If the multiverse exists, then there was a Jesus who didn't die on the cross. And there was never a Jesus who became flesh and dwelt among men. If everything possible happened, those things happened too.
    Hebrews 13: 8Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No one here has said that men are made different from one another. I have not said that. There is no such thing as a genetic difference in regards to election. Election has NOTHING to do with genetics.
    Are they different in how they are formed and are the elect made with such that by the preaching of the Word they hear and are saved?

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Are they different in how they are formed
    No.

and are the elect made with such that by the preaching of the Word they hear and are saved?
    No.

Ephesians 2:3

All of us also lived among them at one time, gratifying the cravings of our flesh and following its desires and thoughts. Like the rest, we were by nature deserving of wrath.

Then you do not believe that some are formed by the Creator with no capacity for salvation, to be eternally tormented, while others are formed to be saved?
    Yes. What on earth does that have to do with genetics?
    No.

No.
    You speak out both sides of your mouth.

So why again do you bother to preach when the elect are predestined to believe?

Go Forward With Courage

-- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

That's a fair point. So I guess you can't say that this particular multiverse theory is true and realize all its implications and still be Christian. I was commenting more generally on the idea that there is more than universe, which the Bible doesn't comment on. I'm not saying I believe it. I'm inclined not to, but I don't know for sure that there aren't, and neither do you.

Okay, let's answer it. Here's your question:

Since the multiverse exists, and every possible thing happened, then there was never a person named Joshua. Jesus didn't die on the cross either. That is another thing that happened.
    Actually you did not answer my question and you misrepresented my position. I said every possible thing happened. It's not possible that Jesus didn't die on the cross. Why? Because God wouldn't allow the existence of a universe where He didn't win. That still leaves for an infinite number of possible universes.

Now back to my question. Do you believe that the sun actually stood still? Yes or no?

Wait...why do you say you can know anything at all based on this theory of yours?
    It's not my theory. It's quantum mechanics. It's science that is not contradicted by the Bible. That the sun is fixed in relation to the earth is science that is contradicted by a literal reading of the Bible but you (I think) believe it anyway. That you are afraid to give a simple yes or no to a simply question is quite telling. What is your "motivation" for hiding from the question?

That's a fair point. So I guess you can't say that this particular multiverse theory is true and realize all its implications and still be Christian. I was commenting more generally on the idea that there is more than universe, which the Bible doesn't comment on. I'm not saying I believe it. I'm inclined not to, but I don't know for sure that there aren't, and neither do you.
    No it's not a fair point. It's a dishonest point. I said that anything that is possible happens. Somethings are not possible. God doesn't allow for the possibility of a multiverse where Jesus didn't die for mankind. And that is what is predestined. Thus you have predestination and freewill at the same time. I have explained this all before multiple times in other threads. Sola_Fide has to lie about my position in order to attempt to refute it.

Christian Liberty, you never responded to my comment on why you think that universalists don't believe that believing in Christ's death and resurrection is the only way to get to heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Christian Liberty, you never responded to my comment on why you think that universalists don't believe that believing in Christ's death and resurrection is the only way to get to heaven.
    Sorry. A universalist cannot believe John 3:18, which Jesus presents as a necessary part of the gospel. Those who don't believe are condemned already. To say that every man without exception is going to heaven is to blatantly call Jesus a liar, it is a blatantly liberal position, but it is damnable heresy.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sorry. A universalist cannot believe John 3:18, which Jesus presents as a necessary part of the gospel. Those who don't believe are condemned already. To say that every man without exception is going to heaven is to blatantly call Jesus a liar, it is a blatantly liberal position, but it is damnable heresy.
    Yep.

I'm not sure why a universalist couldn't believe in John 3: 18. They believe that those who do not believe are condemned. They just don't believe that the condemnation lasts forever. I'm not necessarily saying that they're saved. I think it's a serious error. But I do think it's the case that they believe that believing in Christ's death and resurrection is the only way to make it to heaven, which makes their view a lot different from the universalism which says that all religions are equal and all religions lead to heaven.

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast