Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garlic Soup - Natural Antibiotics - Weight Loss

Garlic Soup - Natural Antibiotics - Weight Loss

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

That looks sooooo good. I love garlic, especially when mixed with avacado. Every time I go garlic wild and make something with raw garlic husband complains my breath smells awful - garlic, lol. So now I don't eat dishes with raw garlic; although I may have to decide soon if husband is worth giving up for garlic. Tough choice, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    That looks sooooo good. I love garlic, especially when mixed with avacado. Every time I go garlic wild and make something with raw garlic husband complains my breath smells awful - garlic, lol. So now I don't eat dishes with raw garlic; although I may have to decide soon if husband is worth giving up for garlic. Tough choice, lol.
    So what I heard was "birth control, too."

Yum. That looks delicious. Going to have to try it tomorrow.

@Dianne

If you like garlic and don't want the garlic smell, you should try some black garlic. It's fantastic and it won't make your breath smell like garlic. It has a sweet flavor to it and has many health benefits as well.

Developed in Korea, black garlic has been gaining popularity among Western foodies for several years now, but it has recently caught the eye of the health-minded due to studies revealing its impressive nutritional properties. Black garlic is produced by “fermenting” whole bulbs of fresh garlic in a humidity-controlled environment in temperatures of about 140 to 170 degrees F for 30 days. No additives, no preservatives... just pure garlic. Once out of the heat, the bulbs are then left to oxidize in a clean room for 45 days. This lengthy process causes the garlic cloves to turn black and develop a soft, chewy texture with flavors reminiscent of “balsamic vinegar” and “soy sauce,” with a sweet “prune-like” taste. Aficionados claim the flavor will impress even the most avid garlic-hater, as the pungency and spiciness is gone.5

Although the process is consistently described as “fermentation,” it really isn’t that in the strictest sense, as the transformation does not involve microbial processes—specifically, enzymatic breakdown and the Maillard Reaction are responsible for the caramelization of the sugars, dark color and deep, complex flavor profile.6 As the pearly white cloves slowly transition into their final black appearance, compounds in the fresh garlic transform into a whole new range of compounds. Compared to fresh garlic, black garlic is low in alliin but it is astonishingly high in other antioxidants!

Double the Antioxidants of Fresh Garlic

In a 2009 mouse study, Japanese researchers found that black garlic was more effective than fresh garlic in reducing the size of tumors. The study was published in the journal Medicinal and Aromatic Plant Science and Technology.7 In another study, black garlic was found to have twice the antioxidant levels as fresh—the aging/fermenting process appears to double the antioxidants. Black garlic is packed with high concentrations of sulfurous compounds, especially one in particular: s-allylcycteine (SAC).8 Science has shown a number of health benefits from SAC, including inhibition of cholesterol synthesis.9

Perhaps this is why Mandarin oil painter Choo Keng Kwang experienced a complete reversal of his psoriasis after just four days of eating half a bulb of black garlic a day—this, after trying countless medically prescribed skin creams that were all complete failures.

An advantage of SAC is that it is well-absorbed and much more stable than allicin and 100 percent bioavailable. Researchers are confident it plays a significant role in garlic’s overall health benefits.10 Be mindful, however, that black garlic’s benefits may be more effective than fresh garlic for some conditions but not others, given its allicin content is low. For example, I suspect it may not be as effective if you have an infection, as allicin is thought to be the primary anti-infective agent in garlic, and fresh garlic is higher in allicin than black. According to Blue Fortune Farm (which admittedly sells black garlic), black garlic has the following favorable nutrient profile:11
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...ck-garlic.aspx
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Loss of friends and acquaintances.

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Yum. That looks delicious. Going to have to try it tomorrow.

@Dianne

If you like garlic and don't want the garlic smell, you should try some black garlic. It's fantastic and it won't make your breath smell like garlic. It has a sweet flavor to it and has many health benefits as well.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...ck-garlic.aspx
    I've heard of it but can't find it in my grocery store. Is it easy for me to buy seeds and grow?

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    So what I heard was "birth control, too."
    lolol true.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've heard of it but can't find it in my grocery store. Is it easy for me to buy seeds and grow?
    Black garlic is produced by “fermenting” whole bulbs of fresh garlic in a humidity-controlled environment in temperatures of about 140 to 170 degrees F for 30 days. No additives, no preservatives... just pure garlic. Once out of the heat, the bulbs are then left to oxidize in a clean room for 45 days. This lengthy process causes the garlic cloves to turn black and develop a soft, chewy texture with flavors reminiscent of “balsamic vinegar” and “soy sauce,” with a sweet “prune-like” taste.

Do you have a Trader Joe's? They sell it.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

I am making this soup today...and it smells heavenly. Mmmm.

I am making this soup today...and it smells heavenly. Mmmm.
    Please keep us updated, I plan on making it later in the week...

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Please keep us updated, I plan on making it later in the week...

I added a 1/4 cup of jalapenos at the end, to put a little more kick to it. It is absolutely delicious!

I highly recommend this garlic soup!

I added a 1/4 cup of jalapenos at the end, to put a little more kick to it. It is absolutely delicious!

I highly recommend this garlic soup!
    Did you use black garlic or regular?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Did you use black garlic or regular?

I used Organic regular garlic.

I may try the black garlic next time around.

Do you have a Trader Joe's? They sell it.
    No, but I'm thinking of ordering this from Amazon. I read somewhere that garlic loses its' anti viral properties once peeled or cut, and to use it immediately, so I'm hoping they were just talking about regular garlic and not black.

http://www.amazon.com/Organic-Grown-...s=black+garlic

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No, but I'm thinking of ordering this from Amazon. I read somewhere that garlic loses its' anti viral properties once peeled or cut, and to use it immediately, so I'm hoping they were just talking about regular garlic and not black.

http://www.amazon.com/Organic-Grown-...s=black+garlic

That looks like a really good deal. I think cut and peeled is meant for regular fresh garlic. One of the reasons I do not buy the cut and peeled garlic they have in grocery stores. I use it fresh.

Double the Antioxidants of Fresh Garlic

In a 2009 mouse study, Japanese researchers found that black garlic was more effective than fresh garlic in reducing the size of tumors. The study was published in the journal Medicinal and Aromatic Plant Science and Technology. In another study, black garlic was found to have twice the antioxidant levels as fresh—the aging/fermenting process appears to double the antioxidants. Black garlic is packed with high concentrations of sulfurous compounds, especially one in particular: s-allylcycteine (SAC). Science has shown a number of health benefits from SAC, including inhibition of cholesterol synthesis.

Perhaps this is why Mandarin oil painter Choo Keng Kwang experienced a complete reversal of his psoriasis after just four days of eating half a bulb of black garlic a day—this, after trying countless medically prescribed skin creams that were all complete failures.

An advantage of SAC is that it is well-absorbed and much more stable than allicin and 100 percent bioavailable. Researchers are confident it plays a significant role in garlic’s overall health benefits. Be mindful, however, that black garlic’s benefits may be more effective than fresh garlic for some conditions but not others, given its allicin content is low. For example, I suspect it may not be as effective if you have an infection, as allicin is thought to be the primary anti-infective agent in garlic, and fresh garlic is higher in allicin than black. According to Blue Fortune Farm (which admittedly sells black garlic), black garlic has the following favorable nutrient profile:

- See more at: http://healthimpactnews.com/2014/bla....IuPwuERI.dpuf

Ameliorating effects of aged garlic extracts against Aβ-induced neurotoxicity and cognitive impairment
    http://www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6882/13/268/abstract

Just started a batch..

Used bacon in lieu of olive oil and added a turnip to the tater/parsnip boil..

Instead of water I pulled a quart each of beef and turkey bone broth from the freezer...

Just started a batch..

Instead of water I pulled a quart each of beef and turkey bone broth from the freezer...
    Let us know how your alternative comes out.

I think I am going to try this with Black garlic for my next batch.

Just started a batch..

Let us know how your alternative comes out.

I think I am going to try this with Black garlic for my next batch.
    Please do. I try to avoid potatoes and the turnip substitution sounds like a good idea.

Finished my sammich and the soup has settled into a nice boil...

Garlic fumes are STRONG in the kitchen....

Off to the shop for me.

Finished my sammich and the soup has settled into a nice boil...

Garlic fumes are STRONG in the kitchen....

Off to the shop for me.
    I bet it smells like an Italian Restaurant! LOL!

I am making broccoli and spaghetti tonight and I sauteed 10 cloves of garlic to make it.

I am getting a lot of garlic this week. I also ate three cloves of black garlic this morning.

Just ran the whole shebang through the blender, threw in about 1-1/2 cups of leftover green beans since I was grinding it up anyway...

Taste fine with turnips...

Kind of bland for me but I'll leave the batch bland and add chilies to my bowl..

Really needs more bacon too..

Just ran the whole shebang through the blender, threw in about 1-1/2 cups of leftover green beans since I was grinding it up anyway...

Kind of bland for me but I'll leave the batch bland and add chilies to my bowl..

I approve of your recommendations.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Beef/turkey broth with bacon and garlic is addicting!

I got back to work and needed to sample a bigger bowl.......

That's why I put jalapenos in my batch to give it a kick.

Damn, I don't have any chicken stock? Just add bacon instead?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Damn, I don't have any chicken stock? Just add bacon instead?
    Yes. As a matter of fact, I think bacon is an appropriate substitution for any of the ingredients you may be missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Yes. As a matter of fact, I think bacon is an appropriate substitution for any of the ingredients you may be missing.
    I'm missing all of the ingredients, can I just eat bacon??
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I'm missing all of the ingredients, can I just eat bacon??
    No, you need to combine it with some raw garlic.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast