Thread: Anybody read any good anarchist theory books?

Anybody read any good anarchist theory books?

I was thinking of picking up some Jean Baudrillard and Pierre-Joseph Proudhon. Whats a good place to start?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hard to go wrong with Rothbard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Hard to go wrong with Rothbard.
    isnt rothbard more of a libertarian?

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul4Prez2012 View Post
    isnt rothbard more of a libertarian?
    Depends on what you mean by libertarian. He was definitely an anarchist though.

Since you mentioned Proudhon, I thought a good place to start might be Markets Not Capitalism, edited by Charles Johnson and Gary Chartier (amazon link here). It's a broad, well-selected collection of essays on the individualist anarchist perspective on many different topics. The essays featured are from both modern and older authors. I am unsure if the book actually features any of Proudhon's works, but he is definitely held in high regard by several of the authors, and he is mentioned by them a few times.

If you don't want to pay for it, the book is also available as a free .pdf with a quick google search on your part.
    Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson

Check out the anarchist cookbook

Quote Originally Posted by Rothbardian Girl View Post
    Since you mentioned Proudhon, I thought a good place to start might be Markets Not Capitalism, edited by Charles Johnson and Gary Chartier (amazon link here). It's a broad, well-selected collection of essays on the individualist anarchist perspective on many different topics. The essays featured are from both modern and older authors. I am unsure if the book actually features any of Proudhon's works, but he is definitely held in high regard by several of the authors, and he is mentioned by them a few times.

If you don't want to pay for it, the book is also available as a free .pdf with a quick google search on your part.
    Looks good, thanks.

http://radgeek.com/gt/2011/10/Market...nd-Johnson.pdf

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.