Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul wins CPAC 2015!

Rand Paul wins CPAC 2015!

Discuss!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Anyone have any info on how Walker got 21.4 percent??? Did anyone see many people for walker? All I heard was Rand and Carson had the big turnout with Cruz doing okay as well. You thinking he paid for a bunch of people to go vote like Jeb?

Upside, this is quite promising sign for his political aspirations.

The downside, he will get more training in facing all sorts of attacks.. but he appears up to the challenge.

February 28, 2015, 06:12 am
    Can Rand Paul's CPAC straw poll win streak be stopped?

Greg Nash
    Rand Paul’s likely White House foes are looking to end his Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) straw poll hot streak.
    The Kentucky senator is still the frontrunner to win the annual measure of grassroots support after claiming victory for the past two years.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...eak-be-stopped

Of course they have to talk about how "close" it was, even though Rand won by 5%. They wouldn't talk about the "closeness" of the straw poll if Rand had been in 2nd.

Somone youtube the fox reaction

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Of course they have to talk about how "close" it was, even though Rand won by 5%. They wouldn't talk about the "closeness" of the straw poll if Rand had been in 2nd.
    and at 25% vs 20%, its hardly "close". Very impressive showing.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

Christie, Cruz, Carson and especially Bush underperformed hugely btw

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    My second and last tweet on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    My second and last tweet on this.

Nothing wrong with a bit of promotion.

Straw polls are useless, except for one thing: generating hilarious, unhinged Paul-hater butthurt:

Quote Originally Posted by ErnBatavia
    Just ran on FOX...the brat that can’t even comb his own hair came in first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rome2000
    Over 3000 votes cast.

The majority of whom are stupid.

Rand Paul sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by novemberslady
    So rand paul is their idea of the conservatives best?
    holy smokes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijeras_Slim
    Apparently we have 2nd generation Paultards...
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby.223
    What a damn crock! Hey Sunk, post that great list of links of yours again showing just what a POS this Rand Paul is. I can’t believe there are FReepers who fall for this kid Rand’s crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obama_Is_Sabotaging_America
    Scott Walker was the big winner. It’s not unexpected for a ‘Paul’ to win CPAC.
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxMax
    Paul-Bots. And Libertarianism likes fair play? LOL, by stacking the deck.
    This is why nobody will take you idiots seriously, of course there's also the
    Homosexual, Drugs, and all those other issues. They should be in the Dem convention.

Full results;

Percent Candidate

25.7 Sen. Rand Paul
    21.4 Gov. Scott Walker
    11.5 Sen. Ted Cruz
    11.4 Dr. Ben Carson
    8.3 Former Gov. Jeb Bush
    4.3 Former Sen. Rick Santorum
    3.7 Sen. Marco Rubio
    3.5 Donald Trump
    3.0 Carly Fiorina
    2.8 Gov. Chris Christie
    1.1 Former Gov. Rick Perry
    0.9 Gov. Bobby Jindal
    0.8 Former Gov. Sarah Palin
    0.3 Former Gov. Mike Huckabee
    0.3 Former Ambassador John Bolton
    0.1 Sen. Lindsey Graham
    0.1 Former Gov. George Pataki

1.0 Undecided
    0.7 Other

(3,007 votes cast Feb. 25-27 at the Conservative Political Action Conference. Conducted by the Polling Company Inc./WomenTrend)

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz3T58bG2cm
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Rand Paul wins 2015 CPAC Straw poll !!!!!!!

25.7 Sen. Rand Paul
    21.4 Gov. Scott Walker
    11.5 Sen. Ted Cruz
    11.4 Dr. Ben Carson
    8.3 Former Gov. Jeb Bush
    4.3 Former Sen. Rick Santorum
    3.7 Sen. Marco Rubio
    3.5 Donald Trump
    3.0 Carly Fiorina
    2.8 Gov. Chris Christie
    1.1 Former Gov. Rick Perry
    0.9 Gov. Bobby Jindal
    0.8 Former Gov. Sarah Palin
    0.3 Former Gov. Mike Huckabee
    0.3 Former Ambassador John Bolton
    0.1 Sen. Lindsey Graham
    0.1 Former Gov. George Pataki

1.0 Undecided
    0.7 Other

(3,007 votes cast Feb. 25-27 at the Conservative Political Action Conference. Conducted by the Polling Company Inc./WomenTrend)

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz3T51VieGe

Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Straw polls are useless, except for one thing: generating hilarious, unhinged Paul-hater butthurt:
    Those kind of comments make it seem like grassroots conservatives are opposed to Rand, but that's only because they ban anyone from posting there who's libertarian leaning or support the Paul's. I've been banned a couple times from that website just for questioning the wisdom of getting involved in trillion dollar wars in the Middle East.

Media coverage is better than I expected. Good to see Fiorina with more votes than Christie, Palin, Graham, etc.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Those kind of comments make it seem like grassroots conservatives are opposed to Rand, but that's only because they ban anyone from posting there who's libertarian leaning or support the Paul's.
    Don't listen to those clowns. Free Republic is Cruz Central. They were destined to tear down whomever came in first place in today's straw poll, unless it was miraculously Cruz. Paul, Carson, Bush, even Walker, they would be insulting any that dared place first over St. Ted. Walker used to be somewhat popular there, but since his recent surge, the Cruzbots are palpably afraid of him, and are smearing him there now too. They're a pathetic, disgusting bunch, bent on tearing down anyone that isn't Cruz, a lot like Palin supporters on Free Republic circa 2011.

Now, if Cruz had won today, it would have been a completely natural, organic and perfect win, and proof that conservatives are rallying behind his holiness.
    Last edited by RonPaulFanInGA; 02-28-2015 at 04:52 PM.

Those kind of comments make it seem like grassroots conservatives are opposed to Rand, but that's only because they ban anyone from posting there who's libertarian leaning or support the Paul's. I've been banned a couple times from that website just for questioning the wisdom of getting involved in trillion dollar wars in the Middle East.
    FreeRepublic is one of the worst for that

His dad won a couple of those too.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...-hot-his-heels

Saturday marked the the fifth time in six years that a Paul has won the straw poll at CPAC. In 2010 and 2011, the senator’s father, the now-retired Representative Ron Paul of Texas, took first place; Rand has won it every year since 2013, the year after the last presidential election.
    Ronald Reagan, Jack Kemp, Mitt Romney, Rand Paul. After this weekend, that’s the list of Republicans who have won straw poll at the Conservative Political Action Conference three years in a row.

reuters (who had a surprisingly unbiased piece out just after the straw poll results, but which was edited with spin and downplaying Bush/Paul results shortly after);

Kentucky Senator Rand Paul wins straw poll in boost to 2016 presidential prospects
    NATIONAL HARBOR, MD. | Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:46pm EST
    Email
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Photo
    NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. (Reuters) - Senator Rand Paul won a straw poll of conservative activists on Saturday, giving his potential bid for the Republican presidential nomination in 2016 a boost, and Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker came in second in a surprising show of strength.

Whether the victory for the libertarian Paul will have long-lasting benefit is unclear as he is among more than a dozen potential candidates jockeying for position.

Paul, a 52-year-old Kentucky Republican, outdistanced a host of other potential candidates by taking 25.7 percent of the vote at the Conservative Political Action Conference, a gathering of activists on Washington's outskirts of Washington.

Walker's second-place showing at 21.4 percent represented a significant show of support among conservatives and suggested his potential candidacy will have real staying power as he seeks to remain among the front-runners for the nomination.

Texas Senator Ted Cruz came in third with 11.5 percent of the votes out of a total of 3,007 who registered votes at the CPAC gathering.

Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, an establishment candidate who is amassing millions of dollars for a campaign should he decide to run, took fifth place with 8.3 percent of the vote, a not unexpected showing given conservative opposition to some of his moderate stances.

Boos rang out in the audience when Bush's tally was announced. The Bush camp made clear that he did not compete in the straw poll.

The straw poll concluded the four-day conference at a hotel along the Potomac River, where conservatives heard from more than a dozen potential contenders for the chance to represent the Republican Party in the November 2016 election.

Walker, 47, was clearly among the most popular at the event.

But Paul had a strong showing from activists,
    and his victory in the straw poll marked the third year in a row in which he came out on top, dominating the event just as his father, former Texas Congressman Ron Paul, had.

The CPAC straw poll, however, does not necessarily identify the next Republican presidential nominee. Mitt Romney won the straw poll in 2012 and went on to win the nomination. But the 2008 nominee, John McCain did not win the poll.

The poll also asked respondents about other issues, with 41 percent saying they would like to legalize marijuana.

Who is Scott Walker?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    His dad won a couple of those too.
    Saturday marked the the fifth time in six years that a Paul has won the straw poll at CPAC. In 2010 and 2011, the senator’s father, the now-retired Representative Ron Paul of Texas, took first place; Rand has won it every year since 2013, the year after the last presidential election.
    http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...-hot-his-heels
    I like how they put that. And I'm pretty sure that the one year a Paul didn't win was the year no Paul was there to compete - right? If memory serves, Ron Paul didn't attend the year he and Romney were running for president - so Romney won.

Good point. Some good news is that slowly but steadily neocons' control over media , forums is slipping.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    "o: Rome2000
    Just watched the freaks acting out on stage and can’t they dress decent ?
    Now they can go back to school and their dorms so they can get drugged up at a ***** party where their men, sorry boys can dress as women."

Okay.

I want to wipe that $#@!-eating grin off her face. The two winners? Gimme a break. Trying to get them to say Rand Paul/Ron Paul won is like getting a kid to eat his broccoli. I guess if if its a tie if the margins are close, which they weren't Bush and Al Gore were both elected president of the United States! Time to rewrite the history books. The 43rd president of the United States was George Gore
    Last edited by Warrior_of_Freedom; 02-28-2015 at 05:33 PM.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

Quote Originally Posted by Krugminator2 View Post
    "o: Rome2000
    Just watched the freaks acting out on stage and can’t they dress decent ?
    Now they can go back to school and their dorms so they can get drugged up at a ***** party where their men, sorry boys can dress as women."

Okay.
    Freepers are a seriously entertaining bunch. So many of them just come off as clinically insane, be it wanting landmines on the southern border, or mass genocide of over one billion people (Muslims). It's basically a free admission, year-round circus freak show over there, starring a bunch of bitter, senile old farts.

Quote Originally Posted by kbs021 View Post
    Anyone have any info on how Walker got 21.4 percent??? Did anyone see many people for walker? All I heard was Rand and Carson had the big turnout with Cruz doing okay as well. You thinking he paid for a bunch of people to go vote like Jeb?
    It's all about organization at this point. Screw media darlings. If you can organize well at these small events, you can get the win. This just looks like Rand has some competition. Take note and keep alert.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast