Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rand Paul wins CPAC 2015!

Quote Originally Posted by willwash View Post
    Am I the only one here who remembers Ames 2012? Of course they're trying to black out the Paul win. It's harder to black out Rand than it was Ron, I think partly because Rand is a Senator, and also because Rand actually won this instead of statistically tying for first but coming a few votes short of the actual victory a la Ron in Ames 2012.

I'm excited for Ames this year. I think Paul will take it and the blackout will be impossible to impose without looking desperate.
    That's why the establishment in Iowa are trying to get rid of the Ames Straw Poll. They poo-poo it every time they talk about it.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The establishment loves Carly. She is nothing but a puppet spokeswoman for them. They will probably push her like they pushed Huntsman.
    Fiorina's look, demeanor, verbiage, and tone all reminded me of Carrie Bradshaw from Sex And The City. She sounded like anything but a powerful CEO.

The other pink elephant in the room is: for the love of God how much plastic surgery has she had and why is this nobody even mentioning it?
    Last edited by anaconda; 03-01-2015 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    The media spins it all.

Reality:

Rand actually beat Walker by 24% not 5%.
    A 26%± vs 21%± Is A 24% increase.
    The media is adept at playing stupid.
    Let's see if we can help them:

Dunking for apples 101;
    Johnny was able to get 26 apples, Suzie got 21 apples what was the percentage increase of Johnny's apple
    total in comparison to Suzie's?

A 1%
    B .06%
    C 4%
    D 24%

Answer: D 24%
    Of course if you go back to 2012 , it wouldn't have mattered, they would have treated Johnny as they did Ron Paul, they would omit
    time and time again that Johnny was even there.

This is just ridiculous. They didn't report it any differently than they always would.

Crying foul on stuff like this really loses credibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    To repeat: If it was Bush who "was expected to win," who then won the poll, would they have been equally restrained about reporting "Bush Wins" with a prominent photo and headline? And how do you account for Bush getting more attention and stories yesterday than Walker as well?
    No, if Bush won, they would be all over it. "Bush wins" or even "Bush upsets Rand". That does not automatically mean that they are trying to "blackout" Rand. If you go looking for bias, you will surely find it. Posting stuff like that and then calling people stupid sheeps is why people here get made fun of. TBH if someone is interested in Rand and asks me where to find out more about him, I doubt I would send them here.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    No, if Bush won, they would be all over it. "Bush wins" or even "Bush upsets Rand". That does not automatically mean that they are trying to "blackout" Rand. If you go looking for bias, you will surely find it. Posting stuff like that and then calling people stupid sheeps is why people here get made fun of. TBH if someone is interested in Rand and asks me where to find out more about him, I doubt I would send them here.
    So Naive.......

Quote Originally Posted by RDM View Post
    So Naive.......

I've seen all that, and there's not much Paul-centric stuff from the 2012 primaries that i have not seen. Back when all that was happening, I might have been more inclined to agree. It would have been nice to see him pick up a few primary states, I liked following the caucus wins, but I never really looked at things outside the RPFs echo chamber during that time. That's a mistake I have learned from for the next go-around. Ron was never considered by the press to be a serious contender, except maybe in the week or so leading up to Iowa. He was picky about who he would come on and do interviews with, and very rarely did the campaign do anything to compete in primary states. Those 2 things alone would have at least gotten some acknowledgement in the press that he was still running for President.
    Last edited by CPUd; 03-02-2015 at 03:44 AM.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    And not a single link on Drudge today. Old news already.

Quote Originally Posted by cocrehamster View Post
    This is just ridiculous. They didn't report it any differently than they always would.

lol

Go back to media collusion 2009 regarding Ron Paul , the networks ignored his impact and successes in the straw polls.

They don't 'cover like they always do' unless you mean extreme agenda driven bias, you should have a clue what you are
    spewing before you run off at the mouth like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    lol

Go back to media collusion 2009 regarding Ron Paul , the networks ignored his impact and successes in the straw polls.

They don't 'cover like they always do' unless you mean extreme agenda driven bias, you should have a clue what you are
    spewing before you run off at the mouth like that.
    Relax bro, we're all in this together.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    And not a single link on Drudge today. Old news already.
    LOL you're hard to please. For what it's worth the Rand Paul WINS was Drudge's top story for nearly 24 hours.

omg i'm cracking up laughing did you guys see the freerepublic response thread on poll results? lol these people are completely unhinged.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3262733/posts

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

this is my favorite:

bunch of pro *****s, cross dressing, open border, weaker military, drugs, and they think they are conservatives, Hey Paul take your druggies and homosexuals and go to your real party the Dem party for social issues and at least you could use the Libertarian party instead of telling us conservatives to change our views.
    reminds me of this guy

Last edited by orenbus; 03-02-2015 at 12:52 PM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    omg i'm cracking up laughing did you guys see the freerepublic response thread on poll results? lol these people are completely unhinged.

LOL yeah freepers have some issues with teh gays and drugs, and like 9/10 of them complain about the way people dress.

Paul-Bots. And Libertarianism likes fair play? LOL, by stacking the deck.
    This is why nobody will take you idiots seriously, of course there's also the
    Homosexual, Drugs, and all those other issues. They should be in the Dem convention.

bunch of pro *****s, cross dressing, open border, weaker military, drugs, and they think they are conservatives, Hey Paul take your druggies and homosexuals and go to your real party the Dem party for social issues and at least you could use the Libertarian party instead of telling us conservatives to change our views.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    LOL you're hard to please. For what it's worth the Rand Paul WINS was Drudge's top story for nearly 24 hours.
    Lol, I was just commenting. Usually they at least fold the heading into the bulk for a bit. I didn't even see a link about it in the base this morning.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Relax bro, we're all in this together.
    Quote Originally Posted by cocrehamster View Post

Thanks for clearing that up for me...

Woot! Victory!
    Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
    I am an investigative journalist for Ben Swann's Truth in Media
    Check out my liberty-friendly experimental rock/punk/metal band Look What I Did

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post

Im pretty well convinced that while there are some genuine unhinged commenters on sites like FR, many of them are AIPAC and MIC shill types pushing their paymaster's agenda. The comments by some people on 'conservative' sites are so deluded and over-the-top with stupidity that they can't possibly be from even minimally politically astute people.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234