Thread: CPAC Hails ‘President Paul’

CPAC Hails ‘President Paul’

CPAC Hails ‘President Paul’

by Joel Gehrke - February 27, 2015

CPAC activists waited an hour-and-a-half for Senator Rand Paul after congressional votes delayed his speech, and the pent-up energy made for a rowdy welcome.

“President Paul! President Paul! President Paul!” the attendees chanted in the middle of Paul’s speech after he declared America needs “a new president.”

The speech from the longtime CPAC favorite and 2016 presidential contender offered bold specifics on domestic policy and foreign policy. He promised to unveil a plan that would balance the budget in five years while passing “the largest tax cut in American history.”

“My tax plan will get the IRS out of your life and out of the way of every job creator in America,” he said.
    More: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...ul-joel-gehrke
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Once again, Rand Paul stands tall at CPAC
    The Kentucky senator's prowess at the annual gathering was on full display Friday.

By BEN SCHRECKINGER
    2/27/15 1:20 PM EST

NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. — It’s still Rand Paul’s CPAC.

A day after other Republicans tossed out hawkish lines on foreign policy at the Conservative Political Action Conference, the Kentucky senator forcefully asserted his own, more anti-interventionist views to a hall packed with his supporters, once again showing his prowess at this annual gathering.

“At home conservatives understand that government is the problem, not the solution,” the likely presidential contender said Friday. “But as conservatives we should not succumb to the notion that a government inept at home will somehow become successful abroad.”

Paul’s speech, which was punctuated by standing ovations and chants of “President Paul,” led off with condemnations of brutal interrogation methods and government surveillance, two other issues in which he parts ways with many national security hawks in his party.

“You do have a right to privacy,” he said. “Your rights are in your DNA and the government can, quite frankly, get over it.”

read more:
    http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...ch-115591.html

"President Paul" still trending on twitter.

‘President Paul! President Paul!’: Rand Paul Had Young Conservatives Going Nuts at CPAC

Zach Noble
    Feb. 27, 2015 1:31pm

NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. — The Republican Party may be sizing up a crowded field of presidential contenders, but in the minds of his supporters, one guy is already the man to nominate.

And he has a lot of supporters.

After winning Sean Hannity’s impromptu voice poll of CPAC-goers, Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul showed up late to the Conservative Political Action Conference (delayed by a Senate vote) and blew the crowd away with his brand of libertarian conservatism.

“Those who love liberty must rise to the occasion,” Paul told the packed crowd. “Will you lovers of liberty rise to the occasion?”

Young Paul supporters crowded the room, standing numerous times during Paul’s speech to cheer, wave signs and chant, “President Paul! President Paul!”

read more:
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015...-nuts-at-cpac/

Paul thrills CPAC with sermon on liberty

By Jonathan Easley
    February 27, 2015, 01:35 pm

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) got a rock star’s reception at the Conservative Political Action Conference on Friday where he preached to his supporters about liberty and defended his positions on foreign policy.

Paul’s young supporters are out in force at the conference, handing out posters and wearing “I Stand With Rand” buttons and t-shirts. The Potomac Ballroom at the Gaylord National Convention Center just across the border from the nation's capital overflowed for his speech, with young attendees packing the middle section like a mosh-pit and others pressed standing against the walls.

“It’s time for a new president,” Paul declared, provoking chants of “President Paul!” from the conference goers.

“There comes a time in the history of nations when fear and forgetfulness calls a nation to hesitate, waver and perhaps even to succumb,” he said. "When that time comes, those who love liberty must rise to the occasion. Will you lovers of liberty rise to the occasion?”

It was just one of a handful of lines that sent his supporters into a frenzy.

read more:
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/...mon-on-liberty

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

President Paul! Oh how I have missed hearing that chant...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/ar...nently-retire-
    Rand Paul: ‘It is Time for Hillary Clinton to Permanently Retire’

"I came up a half hour ago to see Rand, and it didn't work, so I thought I'd try again," joked Cato Institute vice president David Boaz. (For the record, he was not wearing one of the T-shirts.)

Paul's delay, which was delayed by 20 minutes away in the Capitol, had aftershocks. When Hannity polled the crowd for their views of the 2016 candidates, Paul got a roar of approval. The names of Jeb Bush and Chris Christie drew loud, lusty boos, duly recorded by hundreds of reporters and tweeters. Trump, never a disciplined speaker, ran into the same bear trap when he suggested "boots on the ground" could defeat ISIS and had his hair (figuratively) blown back by jeers.

"We need a foreign policy that encourages stability, not chaos," Paul said. "At home, conservatives understand that the government is the problem, not the solution. As conservatives, we should not succumb to the notion that a government inept at home will somehow become successful abroad." That was not just a whack at the party's hawks. "It is time for Hillary Clinton to permanently retire," said Paul, though that line did not generate as many cheers as the self-criticism of the GOP did.
    Read more at the source

i like the sound of that, "President Paul"

gotta dust off the old gear and frustration from 2008 and 2012..

Quote Originally Posted by libertyplz View Post
    Lol, that quote in the article "Trump had his hair blown back by jeers" tore me up lololol..

Hell yeah
    Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
    I am an investigative journalist for Ben Swann's Truth in Media
    Check out my liberty-friendly experimental rock/punk/metal band Look What I Did

Nice to see the excitement brewing around here once again and people coming out of the shadows w/ their game faces on. Let the games begin!

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Lol, that quote in the article "Trump had his hair blown back by jeers" tore me up lololol..

LOL!!!!

I missed it. In the US or Worldwide trends?

The thing that stood out from these news clippings - other than how many great lines Rand put in his speech - was the use of non-interventionist. We all know how often Ron was called an isolationist when it wasn't true. Media using the correct term for a Paul viewpoint for a change.. wow!
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.