Thread: Middle school asking children what goes on in their homes.

Middle school asking children what goes on in their homes.

Parents in Indiana are calling out a middle school for asking their children what goes on in their homes.

The survey asked students about their drug and alcohol use, but then the questions turned more personal.

Students at Noblesville West Middle School were asked to respond to the following statements:

"We argue about the same things in my family over and over."

“People in my family have serious arguments."

“People in my family often insult or yell at each other."

Michelle Bracewell, whose seventh-grade daughter took the survey, pushed back that those questions cross the line.

"If I want people to know about what's going on inside my home, I'll let them know," she said.

Officials counter that the survey is voluntary and used to identify risk factors in the home, as well as tailoring drug and alcohol awareness programs.

FOX 59 in Indianapolis reported more on this story:

“We ask these questions for purposes of public health,” said Ruth Gassman, Executive Director of the Indiana Prevention Resource Center.

[...]

But this year, in a pilot program, the IPRC asked students for their birthdate and initials, still optional, but parents claim that’s an invasion of privacy, too.
    http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/02/2...questions-kids
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is an invasion of Privacy, as the state will take away your children forever.

You don't own those kids.

We do.

Sincerely,
    The State

Power Addicts. The only way these people in power can get their fix is by getting more and more power. Every excuse, especially children, creates rationalizations for the further restrictions of Freedom, until absolutely zero Freedom remains. We are well on our way to EVERYTHING being subject to the approval and permissions of the Controllers, and the State Schools will continue to extend their surveillance into approval and end in the coversion of Rights into Permissions and from Permissions into Denial of Thoughts and Actions.

The more they can know about an individual, the less they care about the Freedom of the individual, and the more they care about finding other "things" they can control.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

This'll be recorded and saved for all time on governments servers...

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    This'll be recorded and saved for all time on governments servers...

Our dang-an grows with every new day and every new snooping technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Our dang-an grows with every new day and every new snooping technology.
    It's okay comrade just think of the children.......

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    This is an invasion of Privacy, as the state will take away your children forever.
    And if it's because of this survey, those kids will feel guilt over it for their whole lives.

I don't know what it's going to take for parents to finally wake up and take their kids out of public schools. Those parents complain but they, like so many others, refuse to do what they should to do. They just keep sending them back.

Public school is child abuse.
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don't put your kids in government schools.

DON'T PUT YOUR KIDS IN GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS.

DON'T PUT YOUR KIDS IN GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS!

Any questions??

I'm going to start pushing his meme right alongside "Do Not Call the Cops!"

You guys know they are pushing mental health screenings at school now? So now even Johnny Does-Well can be diagnosed as depressed, or even borderline.

If I ever have I kid, God forbid, I would do everything I had to do to make sure he or she received and actual education--Homeschooling and good tutors. Then, I happen to believe that when you have a kid your life becomes immediately, if not permanently, superseded by theirs. There is no way in $#@!ing hell I'd raise my kid in a city. I know I'm off topic. But I am not surprised at this. Next thing you know the same will be done for adults justified by public safety/insurance.

As an aside: This is why I hate people, not violently though, that push for state administered publicly funded healthcare. Literally nothing is off limits when it comes to health. Smoking, eating, exercise, job danger (cops don't have to sweat this one), average air quality of zip code, genetic disposition to disease, familial history of the same. The list goes on, and on, and on. Every human behavior or activity that is even imaginable has an affect on the individual organisms health.
    Last edited by BV2; 03-03-2015 at 02:23 AM.

It's for the children!!!

This thread made me think of 1984...

https://libcom.org/library/george-orwell-1984

With those children, he thought, that wretched woman must lead a life of terror. Another year, two years, and they would be watching her night and day for symptoms of unorthodoxy. Nearly all children nowadays were horrible. What was worst of all was that by means of such organizations as the Spies they were systematically turned into ungovernable little savages, and yet this produced in them no tendency whatever to rebel against the discipline of the Party. On the contrary, they adored the Party and everything connected with it. The songs, the processions, the banners, the hiking, the drilling with dummy rifles, the yelling of slogans, the worship of Big Brother--it was all a sort of glorious game to them. All their ferocity was turned outwards, against the enemies of the State, against foreigners, traitors, saboteurs, thought-criminals. It was almost normal for people over thirty to be frightened of their own children. And with good reason, for hardly a week passed in which 'The Times' did not carry a paragraph describing how some eavesdropping little sneak--'child hero' was the phrase generally used--had overheard some compromising remark and denounced its parents to the Thought Police.

It's for the children!!!

This thread made me think of 1984...

https://libcom.org/library/george-orwell-1984

With those children, he thought, that wretched woman must lead a life of terror. Another year, two years, and they would be watching her night and day for symptoms of unorthodoxy. Nearly all children nowadays were horrible. What was worst of all was that by means of such organizations as the Spies they were systematically turned into ungovernable little savages, and yet this produced in them no tendency whatever to rebel against the discipline of the Party. On the contrary, they adored the Party and everything connected with it. The songs, the processions, the banners, the hiking, the drilling with dummy rifles, the yelling of slogans, the worship of Big Brother--it was all a sort of glorious game to them. All their ferocity was turned outwards, against the enemies of the State, against foreigners, traitors, saboteurs, thought-criminals. It was almost normal for people over thirty to be frightened of their own children. And with good reason, for hardly a week passed in which 'The Times' did not carry a paragraph describing how some eavesdropping little sneak--'child hero' was the phrase generally used--had overheard some compromising remark and denounced its parents to the Thought Police.