Thread: Cops shoot unarmed kid in front of dad. Fathers/Cops version of story differs.

Cops shoot unarmed kid in front of dad. Fathers/Cops version of story differs.

Father's version of events....

On January 3, 2015, my son John Paul Quintero was shot and killed by police. He was 23 years old and unarmed at the time of the shooting. I watched him die in front of me.

I received a call that John had been drinking at a birthday celebration and a fight began between him and his cousin’s husband – there was a knife involved and family members called 911 to ask for help. I arrived to the house before the police and was able to talk to John and completely diffuse the situation. It was unfortunate that this fight happened, but it was the result of intoxication and something we were all able to work out.

I was sitting in my truck with John Paul when the police arrived. Instead of trying to talk with us about what happened, police immediately escalated the situation and pointed a rifle at both of us. Within moments, John Paul, who had his hands in the air, was tased by one officer, causing his hands to drop down.

Almost immediately after this happened I heard the shots. An officer, using her high powered rifle, shot John Paul twice in the chest — later claiming she thought he was reaching for his waistband.

She shot him before his body could even fall to the ground after being tased.

It’s undisputed that my son was unarmed when he was shot and the knife in question was left in the house. Yet the Wichita Police Department is trying to smear John’s name — saying he was belligerent and wouldn’t comply with officers — though multiple witnesses said they saw him with his hands raised.
    We just can’t trust the local and state officials to investigate our son’s killing. We are asking that the US Department of Justice open up a full investigation into whether our son’s rights were violated and they push to hold the officer accountable for any criminal actions taken.

Finally, through tapes that have been obtained by a person close to the source, we have learned that witnesses have been harassed by law enforcement here in Wichita. We have been transparent and cooperative with the Wichita Police Department, however feel that we cannot provide that information without immunity from prosecution. We do not have confidence that they can, or will do a complete, full and fair examination of the evidence and provide a zealous pursuit of the truth in this matter. We do not want there to be another Ferguson uprising.

Please sign our petition asking the Department of Justice to use the full weight of their office in this matter. The City of Wichita needs you, the nation needs you but most of this family needs you. Thank you and God bless.
    http://www.copblock.org/109782/wichita-ks-killer-cop/

Cops version...
    Wichita Police Chief Nelson Mosley on Sunday provided a briefing on officer involved shooting that
    occurred on Saturday evening. The following is an account of the incident following a call to 911
    dispatchers.
     At 6:43 pm yesterday, 911 operators received a call of a disturbance with a knife at the residence
    of 554 N Oliver.
     Two officers were sent to the call, and arrived in the area of the disturbance at 6:51 pm, they
    walked on foot towards the residence.
     While en route to the location, dispatch received at least three more phone calls, stating a suspect
    was under the influence of alcohol and armed with a knife.
     Dispatch was told by a calling party, the suspect was at the front door of the residence trying to
    get back in
     As officers approached the residence from the west, they made contact with two individuals in an
    SUV parked in the driveway of the residence.
     Officer A contacted the driver who is a 44-year-old male, and father of the suspect
     Officer B contacted the passenger who is described as 23-year-old John Paul Quintero
     Officer A ordered the 44-year-old out of the vehicle and he was willing to do so and compliant
     Officer B ordered the 23-year-old to step out. However the 23-year-old was belligerent and
    confrontational towards Officer B refusing to obey commands
     The suspect approached officer B, Officer B backed away from the suspect due to him not
    complying with verbal commands
     The suspect walked towards the back of the SUV, at which time Officer A hears the verbal
    confrontation, and moves to a position to assist officer B at the rear of the SUV
     Officer A assists in giving commands as the suspect is facing Officer A.
     After several commands, to show his hands, the suspect verbally threatens the officers.
     Officer A pulls a Taser out and gives additional verbal commands to place his hands on the SUV.
     The suspect does not comply, refusing to comply with officers’ orders and Officer A discharges
    the Taser.
     Around this time, officers ask for more backup.
     Once deployed, the Taser has no effect on the suspect, and he takes one step towards officer A.
     Officer B sees the suspect reach towards his waistband
     This is when Officer B fires two shots from her patrol rifle.
     The suspect is hit twice in the middle section of his body
     Additional officers arrived at the scene and first aid was given by those officers
     EMS arrived at 7:04 p.m. and transported Mr. Quintero to Wesley Hospital in critical condition.
     At the hospital he was taken into surgery where he was pronounced dead at 12:55 a.m.
     The officers involved have more than three years on the department.
     They are on administrative leave as per the policy of the Wichita Police Department.
    http://media.graytvinc.com/documents...d+Shooting.pdf

The only thing missing was that the officer "feared for his life."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why is Eric Frein so evil?
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

Collateral damage.

Move the $#@! along.

Please sign our petition
    SWLOD's and voting are not going to vindicate your sons death dude........

Sorry...