Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Video] Rand Paul speech at CPAC 2015

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    When he starts can someone live blog the important stuff for those of us who can't watch?
    anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    anyone?
    In next few weeks he will propose the largest tax cut in American history, get the IRS out of our lives and balance the budget in 5 years.

And ponies, lots of free ponies for everybody.

PRESIDENT PAUL! PRESIDENT PAUL!

Randal is pretty good at this, gotta say.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Randal is pretty good at this, gotta say.
    He's come a long way since his: "The interesting thing is" days

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Santorum getting a few boos as he came out.

man, this Santorum speech sucks and the crowd is asleep.

On drudge http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...ul-joel-gehrke

Not that I'm complaining (actually I am), but if it was Walker instead of Paul it would have gotten the main headline with a photo since Drudge seems to have a huge hard-on for Walker at the moment (Walker did have the main headline all of last night on Drudge), but at least he linked something.

I just missed it!? No tubes? Arrrgghhhh

Nothing on the inter webs on how it was either....was it seriously that good or are you guys just excited..?
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

It was really good, different feeling than the other speeches almost a cross between a rally speech and state of the union. At a couple of points the audience was yelling "President Paul" lot of clapping and cheering more than anyone else so far on the stage.

Only thing I didn't like was the last question about his hair.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    man, this Santorum speech sucks and the crowd is asleep.
    "America needs to elect a wartime president" Santorum is so one dimensional and hasn't said $#@! about the economy.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Were there any "President Trump" chants?
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

I'm only watching this still to see people walk out on Bush, and if there are more boos. I hope the room clears by a very noticeable amount

Quote Originally Posted by libertyplz View Post
    On drudge http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...ul-joel-gehrke

Not that I'm complaining (actually I am), but if it was Walker instead of Paul it would have gotten the main headline with a photo since Drudge seems to have a huge hard-on for Walker at the moment (Walker did have the main headline all of last night on Drudge), but at least he linked something.
    I think the difference is that everyone knows Rand Paul has a huge following, so it's not really a surprise. They'd make a bigger deal out of Scott Walker because he's kind of a nobody in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    "America needs to elect a wartime president" Santorum is so one dimensional and hasn't said $#@! about the economy.
    He also just lied about Rand, basically claiming that Rand wants to downsize the military, when Rand has basically advocated the exact opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitMan View Post
    I just missed it!? No tubes? Arrrgghhhh

Nothing on the inter webs on how it was either....was it seriously that good or are you guys just excited..?
    Gotta give 'em time to make up the spin.

Anyone notice on the CSPAN coverage that they muted the audience cheering for Rand before and after? They haven't been doing that to other speakers. They also kept showing some section of the audience that was seated and didn't look happy while Rand spoke.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

President Paul is trending right now on Twitter...

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by FSP-Rebel View Post
    Not positive, but I think I might've heard one person clap softly after he said that.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    Only thing I didn't like was the last question about his hair.
    yeah that was denigrating, and came across really weird to end on that note

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Anyone notice on the CSPAN coverage that they muted the audience cheering for Rand before and after? They haven't been doing that to other speakers. They also kept showing some section of the audience that was seated and didn't look happy while Rand spoke.
    You should've seen what they did to Ron. A CSPAN host literally gave a wink and nod while during a Ron Paul rally when speaking to a voter in NH. She kept pushing to potential Paul voter to talk about Huntsman, when she accomplished that she looked at the camera and gave a nod like "got that one". It was like pivoting the coverage of Ron to another candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    VIDEO - go to 3:25:45 for Rand's speech

http://www.c-span.org/video/?324558-...ion-conference
    Now 4:25:00. Must click "watch from the beginning" first.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The applause portion isn't exclusive to CPAC. You watch Book TV or any panel discussions on American History TV when applause starts, even if there's a lot of it, it comes in as low at first, then picks up. Having worked there for some time, you get used to it. Whether the other stuff about showing sections of the audience is valid, I can't say since I haven't watched all of the speakers, so it could be par since the conference isn't over yet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast