Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Video] Rand Paul speech at CPAC 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    The applause portion isn't exclusive to CPAC. You watch Book TV or any panel discussions on American History TV when applause starts, even if there's a lot of it, it comes in as low at first, then picks up. Having worked there for some time, you get used to it. Whether the other stuff about showing sections of the audience is valid, I can't say since I haven't watched all of the speakers, so it could be par since the conference isn't over yet.
    It's possible it's automatic to mute extra loud audio. If that's the case, the difference would be that other speakers didn't have loud audience noise.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Name:  B-3km_FW0AAaxdx.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  29.7 KB
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Unrelated but I'm driving right now and was thinking what if someone could make a podcast "channel?" Where all of Rand's speeches and interviews could be uploaded? Perhaps his staff, who uploads videos on his YouTube channel. Would this be worthwhile? It would be a good and easy way to listen to these things on the go. I know Glenn Becks show and a bunch of other conservative type shows are on iTunes podcasts, so there has to be a market that could be reached this way. Just a thought...

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Very good speech. He's really honing in on a platform now, not just handling isolated issues:

(foreign policy) - he's making a distinction between the strength of the military and how it should be used (which is elementary but often neglected in public discourse), saying the military should be kept strong (perhaps even made stronger) but there should be no more nation building because it's counterproductive, and foreign aid should be reviewed with an eye to cutting at least some of it right away. I had flashbacks of George W's "humble foreign policy," which is what he actually ran on in 2000 before going off the rails later.

(economic policy) - balancing the budget in 5 years through spending while while simultaneously cutting taxes. Boom goes the dynamite. No one else in the race will be able to compete with this, nor directly criticize it. I was so glad to see that Rand's not moderating his fiscal conservatism. It's his trump card.

(civil liberties) - the entire bill of rights matters, not just the 2nd amendment, it's all tied together, and moreover this is how we reach out to new demographics and win again.

It's a good platform all around, all integrated into a general vision of restoring the freedom.

I'm impressed, he's going to hit the ground running when he announces....

THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

I actually don't really recall Rand touching on torture before. Good for him!
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

here's a high quality tube from the official CPAC channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfw46xdBCd0

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    here's a high quality tube from the official CPAC channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfw46xdBCd0
    Nice. Notice the muted sound as he walks up?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Yeah, again, not uncommon. The same thing happens when Trump walks up:

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    Yeah, again, not uncommon. The same thing happens when Trump walks up:
    I'm not sure this is exactly the same as what was live on CSPAN.

Conspiracy theories over when the sound guys mute the mics??

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He could probably give this same speech in a General Election.

No conspiracy over the audio thing. Nothing worst then over modulated audio, keeping it off until he walks up to the platform is a sure fire way to prevent that.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Very good speech. He's really honing in on a platform now, not just handling isolated issues:

(foreign policy) - he's making a distinction between the strength of the military and how it should be used (which is elementary but often neglected in public discourse), saying the military should be kept strong (perhaps even made stronger) but there should be no more nation building because it's counterproductive, and foreign aid should be reviewed with an eye to cutting at least some of it right away. I had flashbacks of George W's "humble foreign policy," which is what he actually ran on in 2000 before going off the rails later.

(economic policy) - balancing the budget in 5 years through spending while while simultaneously cutting taxes. Boom goes the dynamite. No one else in the race will be able to compete with this, nor directly criticize it. I was so glad to see that Rand's not moderating his fiscal conservatism. It's his trump card.

(civil liberties) - the entire bill of rights matters, not just the 2nd amendment, it's all tied together, and moreover this is how we reach out to new demographics and win again.

It's a good platform all around, all integrated into a general vision of restoring the freedom.

I'm impressed, he's going to hit the ground running when he announces....
    I really hope Rand Paul announces running in conjunction with "balancing the budget in 5 years". "Boom goes the dynamite", is right on!
    "For those who think the fight for liberty can be won in a couple presidential elections, piss off!"

The fight for Liberty is a lifelong commitment that takes years of blood, sweat, and tears.
    Liberty isn't a Quick Service Drive through, if you have nothing to contribute, please do us all a favor and move along!

looking good, President Paul.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Yes , and the announcer's mic is 2 or 3 times louder than Rand's.

What is his stance on Obama's illegal amnesty for illegal aliens ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    What is his stance on Obama's illegal amnesty for illegal aliens ?
    Rand Paul is against Obama's Illegal Amnesty... http://www.paul.senate.gov/?p=issue&id=12
    "For those who think the fight for liberty can be won in a couple presidential elections, piss off!"

The fight for Liberty is a lifelong commitment that takes years of blood, sweat, and tears.
    Liberty isn't a Quick Service Drive through, if you have nothing to contribute, please do us all a favor and move along!

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

The reception to his speech was relatively well-received among the conservative blogosphere, but he needs to bring it home on illegal immigration. He doesn't necessarily have to channel Steve King but he can't be Marco Rubio on the issue. We need some fire. Don't demonize illegals but simply make it a big government-corporate issue. The artificial luring of illegal immigrants into this country by the corporate-government alliance is diminishing liberty here in the U.S. Keep hammering this.
    Last edited by AuH20; 02-27-2015 at 06:58 PM.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand: "I envision an America with a national defense unparalleled, undefeatable and unencumbered by nation-building."
    Please keep beating that into their skulls.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    The reception to his speech was relatively well-received among the conservative blogosphere, but he needs to bring it home on illegal immigration. He doesn't necessarily have to channel Steve King but he can't be Marco Rubio on the issue. We need some fire. Don't demonize illegals but simply make it a big government-corporate issue. The artificial luring of illegal immigrants into this country by the corporate-government alliance is diminishing liberty here in the U.S. Keep hammering this.
    Since Roe Vs. Wade 50 million babies have been aborted... Because of aborted babies we have a shortage in the labor pool. Illegals fill that labor shortage.

Also in 2009, the CDC reported that 35.4% of all abortions are from black women, whereas according to the US Census the black population makes up 13.2%, seems eugenics programs against Blacks in America are winning.

But I regress, K.I.S.S keep it simple stupid... None of what I said above is going to win over voters.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by civusamericanus View Post
    Since Roe Vs. Wade 50 million babies have been aborted... Because of aborted babies we have a shortage in the labor pool. Illegals fill that labor shortage.

Also in 2009, the CDC reported that 35.4% of all abortions are from black women, whereas according to the US Census the black population makes up 13.2%, seems eugenics programs against Blacks in America are winning.

But I regress, K.I.S.S keep it simple stupid... None of what I said above is going to win over voters.
    We have a shortage in the labor pool because of (a) social welfare and (b) corporate America wants Americans to work for slave wages so as to counterbalance the rising costs of doing business in this over-regulated marketplace. The labor participation rate is at a 27 year low.
    Last edited by AuH20; 02-27-2015 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by civusamericanus View Post
    Rand Paul is against Obama's Illegal Amnesty... http://www.paul.senate.gov/?p=issue&id=12
    Thanks!!

I say bring in a ton of em , just do it legally and not the Otraitor way, and not on welfare.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaPolitico View Post
    No conspiracy over the audio thing. Nothing worst then over modulated audio, keeping it off until he walks up to the platform is a sure fire way to prevent that.
    Yep. They just didn't need that for the other speakers (on the CSPAN live feed).

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Conspiracy theories over when the sound guys mute the mics??
    Why would it be a "conspiracy theory" if the media favored one speaker over another?

The real answer will be when someone who was actually there tells us how the crowd reacted to each speaker.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Rand is conservative enough on immigration for me. I think he's far better than Ron on the issue of border security. Ron went from seemingly being a border hawk when he ran in 2008 to practically supporting open borders in 2012. It was hard to understand. It was like he went from being somewhat of a paleocon or paleo libertarian to a really hardcore libertarian in one election cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    I think he's far better than Ron on the issue of border security. Ron went from seemingly being a border hawk when he ran in 2008 to practically supporting open borders in 2012. It was hard to understand. It was like he went from being somewhat of a paleocon or paleo libertarian to a really hardcore libertarian in one election cycle.
    I disagree that Ron was "practically supporting open borders in 2012."

In regards to the larger point, a candidate has to tailor their message based on the popular support and issue priority.

If the issue priority of immigration had changed at all for Ron, it was probably not being allocated as much air-time as some of the others. Having gone through the process he most likely was getting feedback from voters in early states that they cared more about other issues and set them at a higher priority thus the message adapted to reflect the same, if that is indeed what happened. Doesn't mean the issues are any less important (to the candidate) when it comes to principle, but as a candidate you need to know where to start.

Not going to go into detail, but in 2007 I had disagreement with Ron on a separate issue (only one of two) and brought it up to him face-to-face on the campaign trail in NH, he said to me the specific issue was not as high a priority as some other things on his list even though it had been brought up in speeches and was listed on his website. I was pleasantly surprised to see it removed completely from discussion four years later, might be just coincidental, but if not it make sense that the message had adapted based on priority of the voters. You know when candidates say they aren't running yet and they want to see whether the message is popular enough to make the decision of whether to run or not? This is the time they take to fine-tune their stump speech and "issue list" based on the reception it gets and where exactly to put those issues based on priority.
    Last edited by orenbus; 02-28-2015 at 05:07 AM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by libertyplz View Post

I generally don't have an issue with Weigel... but really? Blame Rand supporters of course, can't be because you know... Bush sucks? There seemed to be plenty of Cruz, carson, and walker fans there as well, but blame the Rand fans!

Not that I really care, I just find it funny that it's the Rand Paul supporters singled out. Makes it as if the boo's are coming from crazed Rand fans, and therefor should be disregarded, and not due to the short comings of Bush.
    Where were all the Bush and Christie fans? Surely they should have been there in numbers for their guys speeches right?

Oh right, yeah.
    For Liberty!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123