Thread: Rand vs. the GOP Juggernaut

Rand vs. the GOP Juggernaut

We will support Rand in 2016 (given that he runs). No preaching to the choir on that. We will cheer him on during the debates and happily march out and check his name during the Primary voting. But I'm starting to have this scary feeling that Rand is only going to have one chance, one very small, slim chance, to win over GOP voters who are already picking up the GOP/Jeb Bush juggernaut "inevitability" vibes. And his chance will come in the first debate, if not before.

The current Jeb "juggernaut":

My overall point: I'm starting to have a scary feeling, like I had with McCain and Romney, that once the party establishment lines up for someone this early, and gets the inevitability boulder rolling, its gonna take a lot of energy to stop it.

But does that mean we are not going to try?

Hell no.
    Last edited by TNforPaul45; 02-26-2015 at 12:42 PM.
    Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.
    --Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don't you mean "Jebbernaut"?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Rand will run on the Libertarian ticket after he and his ilk are officially purged from the party.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2013/0...sing-for-2016/

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Right now Scott Walker is the biggest threat.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    The last time the "big GOP donors" contributed to Walker was in 2012 and, to a lesser extent, 2014. Most of those same donors have ALREADY either given to or committed to Jeb, and the rest are "keeping their options open." I just do not see how Walker is a bigger threat than Jeb. Jeb is scooping up the core of the GOP establishment, he is "playing the game," and he seems to be "their" chosen one, but CERTAINLY not ours!

If you are focusing efforts on Walker, Jeb is going to slip behind the lines and out-flank you. I hope Rand knows this.
    Last edited by TNforPaul45; 02-26-2015 at 09:42 PM. Reason: :-)
    Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.
    --Thomas Jefferson

Just ringing the alarm bell, if they were not already going off. . .

--Thomas Jefferson

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Republic voters don't want to lose again. I will keep reminding them how they fell for the MSM bull$#@! with Romney and the myth that he was the "electable" candidate. It will be very easy to make the case that Bush is poison and obviously unelectable. I think this will be fun!

No One But Paul is still in effect.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Right now, Scott Walker is the biggest opportunity.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

It is completely unfathomable how even boobus GOPus could support a Bush.
    "I am commonly opposed to those who modestly assume the rank of champions of liberty, and make a very patriotic noise about the people. It is the stale artifice which has duped the world a thousand times, and yet, though detected, it is still successful."

--Fisher Ames (1789)

Quote Originally Posted by ctiger2 View Post
    Rand will run on the Libertarian ticket after he and his ilk are officially purged from the party.

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2013/0...sing-for-2016/
    Why would a sitting Senator do that?!? For these people?

In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Huge power play: Rand announces he will officially be running for president, also announces the same day that Scott Walker agrees to be his VP. Make it happen Rand.

Tell me why that wouldn't work. Haha.
    They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

Quote Originally Posted by staerker View Post
    Huge power play: Rand announces he will officially be running for president, also announces the same day that Scott Walker agrees to be his VP. Make it happen Rand.

Tell me why that wouldn't work. Haha.
    Better for Scott to just endorse with the VP announcement much further down the track. Plenty of other people will be eyeing that spot too.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    Better for Scott to just endorse with the VP announcement much further down the track. Plenty of other people will be eyeing that spot too.
    Although that's the traditional route, I don't think it really works out for nontraditional candidates.

If Rand is going to be blacked out (in this case by Walker,) he needs to find a way to reverse that, and quick (relatively.) Otherwise he'll be marginalized, with nothing to show for the first few states. And we know how that goes.

It is also my understanding that Rand and Walker will split the vote of the same wing of the party. At this point he needs to get out of the GOP alive, his VP won't affect the general election as much. I have more faith in the general populace than the GOP voters.

Then again, I'm just having fun over here.

eta: I don't think an endorsement means as much as an actual announcement. Rand will be ignored to some degree (probably a large one,) but you can't ignore a Paul/Walker ticket.
    They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.