Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CPAC attendees plan to walk out on Jeb Bush

CPAC attendees plan to walk out on Jeb Bush

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-out-jeb-bush/

William Temple, a member of the Golden Isle Tea Party, told The Washington Times that the party’s doesn’t need another Bush in office and said that the party should listen to the grassroots activists that helped fuel their gains in the 2014 election.

“A lot of peoples were not going to come here because they heard Jeb Bush was speaking,” Mr. Temple said, before laying out his plan at the Conservative Political Action Conference.

“We are going to get up in mass, and we are going to walk out on him,” the 64-year-old said. “We are not going to interrupt anyone’s speech, but we are all going to exercise our right to the bathroom at the same time.”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sweet.

What do you want me to do, to do for you to see you through?
    A box of rain will ease the pain, and love will see you through.
    Box of Rain, Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV
    A real feminist would have avoided men altogether and found a perfectly good female partner. Because, y'know, all sexual intercourse is actually rape.
    निर्विकल्पा
    aka Wicked Heathen
    I was a nasty woman before Trump made it cool.

Toooooooob
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Can't wait to see how the media spins this. Headline: "Extreme right-wing attempts to disrupt CPAC". "Radical Rand Paul Libertarians disrupt speeches at CPAC".
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

"GOP calls dissenters 'domestic terrorists', issues 'Statement of Dissent with President Obama'."
    Our greatest happiness does not depend on the condition of life in which chance has placed us, but is always the result of a good conscience, good health, occupation, and freedom in all just pursuits.
    --Thomas Jefferson

The Bush last name was changed from Sherf a while back... Antisemites!

Great, and I take it these aren't just Rand people?

Former Gov. Jeb Bush is scheduled for 1:40 pm Friday.

FRIDAY

8:00 a.m. – Newt Gingrich
    8:30 a.m. – Laura Ingraham
    8:40 a.m. – Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL)
    9:00 a.m. – Former Gov. Rick Perry (R-TX)
    10:20 a.m. – Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)
    11:00 a.m. – Sean Hannity
    11:15 a.m. – Reince Priebus, RNC Chair
    12:00 p.m. – Donald Trump
    12:20 p.m. – Former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA)
    12:40 p.m. – Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
    1:20 p.m. – Wayne LaPierre, National Rifle Association
    1:40 p.m. – Former Gov. Jeb Bush (R-FL)
    4:20 p.m. – Former Amb. John Bolton
    Last edited by Valli6; 02-26-2015 at 01:32 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Can't wait to see how the media spins this. Headline: "Extreme right-wing attempts to disrupt CPAC". "Radical Rand Paul Libertarians disrupt speeches at CPAC".
    Scary thing is those sound fairly accurate. You could easily see something like 'Fringe Right Flees as Bush Attracts Center' or something of that sort.

We will see if they do that. Maybe they will try to discern who the deserters are and not allow them in...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    Scary thing is those sound fairly accurate. You could easily see something like 'Fringe Right Flees as Bush Attracts Center' or something of that sort.
    Yep.

"Jeb Bush highlights CPAC conference".

"Jeb Bush generates the most buzz at CPAC".

"Jeb Bush steals the show at CPAC".
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    With a photo of people walking out wearing stand with Rand shirts

Cool NH Tea Party on Jeb Bush

The only time the press calls the NH Tea Party is for candidate opinions and then only the anointed ones. They never ask about the good work that is done on ISSUES, which is why the tea party was formed in 2007 against BUSH in the first place.

Anyway, here is what the founder said, see the 'pullout' quote.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/pol...aIP/story.html

She says she wishes she had said this instead:

"I don't know of anyone who wants another Bush in the White House. The tea party movement is still reeling from the effects of the senseless Iraq war in which Bush 43 got us into. That is one of the main reasons we started the movement in 2007."

Update:
    The Daily Signal has learned that Fox News host Sean Hannity will ask questions of presidential hopeful Jeb Bush for the former Florida governor’s entire 20-minute appearance at CPAC, set for 1:40 p.m. Friday.
    http://dailysignal.com/2015/02/24/se...conservatives/
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

CPAC attendees plan to walk out on Jeb Bush

A movement is underway to stage an informal protest when former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush hits the CPAC stage Friday.

William Temple, a member of the Golden Isle Tea Party, told The Washington Times that the party doesn’t need another Bush in office, and said that the party should listen to the grass-roots activists that helped fuel their gains in the 2014 election.

“A lot of peoples were not going to come here because they heard Jeb Bush was speaking,” Mr. Temple said before laying out his plan at the Conservative Political Action Conference.

“We are going to get up en masse, and we are going to walk out on him,” the 64-year-old said. “We are not going to interrupt anyone’s speech, but we are all going to exercise our right to [use] the bathroom at the same time.”

Mr. Bush is expected to take part in a 20-minute question-and-answer session on Friday with Fox News host Sean Hannity.
    Former Florida Gov. Jeb. Bush speaks to the Chicago Council on Global Affairs in Chicago in this Feb. 18, 2015, file photo. (AP Photo/M. Spencer Green, File)
    Former Florida Gov. Jeb. Bush speaks to the Chicago Council on Global ... more >

He is leading in many early GOP presidential polls, but also is out of sync with many conservatives because he supports Common Core K-12 education standards and an immigration fix that includes legalizing the millions of people who are living here illegally.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz3SxZo9jhd
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

He's getting a mixed reaction.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So are they walkin' out yet?
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Did he slip up & say the Clinton's take more Saudi Arabia $$ then his family & THAT is why folks should rally around him?

I don't really see anyone walking out. He is doing a Q&A mostly on immigration and education, they want to hear his answers, though they don't like all his answers.

He said he did so many line-item vetoes in FL that they called him "Veto Corleone". Probably a bad idea.

Hannity not asking him anything about GW.
    Last edited by CPUd; 02-27-2015 at 01:40 PM.

Only thing is a lot of the folks who walked out look to be young folks- ie, not the money makers and king makers of the GOP. So long as Bush still gets the older votes, much like Romney, he probably won't care about the younger vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Former Gov. Jeb Bush is scheduled for 1:40 pm Friday.
    Well, if John Bolton immediately follows, and is the last speaker, they might as well stay out after they leave.

He pissed some of them off- when Hannity asked why not secure the border first, Jeb was like "let's do it!". Then he started talking about how that will take time, and we need more people now.

CSPAN talked about the "walkout" afterwards. They put up a picture of William Temple in costume, talked about his tricorn hat. Tried to make it into a joke.

Name:  William+Temple+Tea+Party+Leaders+Hold+Press+xTaIIGLxvDAl.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  76.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0153-300x225.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  30.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    He pissed some of them off- when Hannity asked why not secure the border first, Jeb was like "let's do it!". Then he started talking about how that will take time, and we need more people now.
    Jeb can just put his head into this commercial...

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jeb Bush Backers Are Busing Supporters From K Street to CPAC

It sounds like Jeb Bush’s supporters are taking CPAC pretty seriously this year. Emails provided to Slate show that backers of the former Florida governor are busing supporters from downtown Washington D.C. to CPAC in National Harbor, Maryland, and organizing to get them day passes into the event.
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate..._all_dt_tw_top
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Eventually they will learn that they cannot win another national election without that growing segment of the party. Adapt or die. Or I guess they could just do the statist thing and kill their competition.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge McDuck View Post
    Eventually they will learn that they cannot win another national election without that growing segment of the party. Adapt or die. Or I guess they could just do the statist thing and kill their competition.
    But I think the odds are at best 50/50 that they will not choose death.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrooge McDuck View Post
    I'm sure they can get bipartisan cooperation to accomplish that task too.

Well, one of you was pretty close:

"Rand Paul Supporters Walk Out of Jeb Bush Speech"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6756876.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast