Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official Rand Paul CPAC Thread

The Official Rand Paul CPAC Thread

CPAC Starts in just a few hours. Use this thread to post any conference updates you may have!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good luck to Rand, we have some local YOUNG activists that went to CPAC this year for the first time so hopefully that means there is an entirely new contingency of YAL'ers showing up.

Last year he did 31-11 (Rand-Cruz).

I'm assuming Rand is going to come out strong against Hillary on Benghazi and "dynasties" dulling out some collateral damage to Bush without saying his name.
    Last edited by eleganz; 02-26-2015 at 03:45 AM.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Bring home the "W" guys! Rand could use a bump in media coverage.

Good luck to Rand indeed -- the bar is set higher for him than anyone else and the media is already bound to be fixated on Scott Walker's overperformance or underperformance. Can't wait to hear Rand and all of the candidates -- it finally gets to feeling like it's showtime.

And please, Rand, CPAC is the "Conservative Political Action Conference", not the "Conservative Political Action Committee." Don't say Committee.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Would be shocked to see young people come out for Scott. This is Rand's game. They can try all they want to say it doesn't matter. It will be at their own peril. Rand is the only won that can win in the Republican party.

Quote Originally Posted by kbs021 View Post
    Would be shocked to see young people come out for Scott. This is Rand's game. They can try all they want to say it doesn't matter. It will be at their own peril. Rand is the only won that can win in the Republican party.
    Walker's foreign policy positions are a bit of a mystery though. Some young people could be suckered in, can't underestimate ISIS fever either.

THURSDAY

8:40 a.m. – Dr. Ben Carson
    9:00 a.m. – Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT)
    12:00 p.m. – Sen. Joni Ernst (R-IA)
    1:00 p.m. – Gov. Chris Christie (R-NJ)
    1:20 p.m. – Carly Fiorina
    1:40 p.m. – Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)
    5:00 p.m. – Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI)
    5:20 p.m. – Gov. Bobby Jindal (R-LA)
    5:40 p.m. – Former Gov. Sarah Palin (R-AK)

FRIDAY

8:00 a.m. – Newt Gingrich
    8:30 a.m. – Laura Ingraham
    8:40 a.m. – Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL)
    9:00 a.m. – Former Gov. Rick Perry (R-TX)
    10:20 a.m. – Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)
    11:00 a.m. – Sean Hannity
    11:15 a.m. – Reince Priebus, RNC Chair
    12:00 p.m. – Donald Trump
    12:20 p.m. – Former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA)
    12:40 p.m. – Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
    1:20 p.m. – Wayne LaPierre, National Rifle Association
    1:40 p.m. – Former Gov. Jeb Bush (R-FL)
    4:20 p.m. – Former Amb. John Bolton

SATURDAY

8:30 a.m. – Mark Levin
    2:40 p.m. – Rep. Cathy McMorris-Rodgers (R-WA)
    2:50 p.m. – Special Guest TBA
    3:50 p.m. – Special Guest TBA
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Morning slot on the second day? Blargh.
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    For those who may attend, would you consider passing a few of these out to the uninformed?

https://app.box.com/s/ncgabkwbrd8wbl5ph1ai

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    THURSDAY

8:40 a.m. – Dr. Ben Carson
    9:00 a.m. – Sen. Mike Lee (R-UT)
    12:00 p.m. – Sen. Joni Ernst (R-IA)
    1:00 p.m. – Gov. Chris Christie (R-NJ)
    1:20 p.m. – Carly Fiorina
    1:40 p.m. – Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)
    5:00 p.m. – Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI)
    5:20 p.m. – Gov. Bobby Jindal (R-LA)
    5:40 p.m. – Former Gov. Sarah Palin (R-AK)

FRIDAY

8:00 a.m. – Newt Gingrich
    8:30 a.m. – Laura Ingraham
    8:40 a.m. – Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL)
    9:00 a.m. – Former Gov. Rick Perry (R-TX)
    10:20 a.m. – Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)
    11:00 a.m. – Sean Hannity
    11:15 a.m. – Reince Priebus, RNC Chair
    12:00 p.m. – Donald Trump
    12:20 p.m. – Former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA)
    12:40 p.m. – Phil Robertson, Duck Dynasty
    1:20 p.m. – Wayne LaPierre, National Rifle Association
    1:40 p.m. – Former Gov. Jeb Bush (R-FL)
    4:20 p.m. – Former Amb. John Bolton

SATURDAY

8:30 a.m. – Mark Levin
    2:40 p.m. – Rep. Cathy McMorris-Rodgers (R-WA)
    2:50 p.m. – Special Guest TBA
    3:50 p.m. – Special Guest TBA
    Not a single paleoconservative politician in that group. Rand and Mike Lee are probably the closest. It's amazing what the Republicans did to the party after Nixon.

On domestic affairs, The Weekly Standard claimed that "the paleos' radical dissatisfaction with contemporary America could eventually veer into an anti-Americanism almost indistinguishable from the more familiar variety on the left."
    You're damn right that we will call a spade a spade.
    Last edited by AuH20; 02-26-2015 at 09:29 AM.

The more detailed schedule shows that there will be a panel with Judge Napolitano and Hayden. I can't seem to find that detailed schedule anywhere as I am getting errors when I try to go to it on CPAC's main site and facebook, but I know it's on before Rand is up. Hopefully it will be streamed and I hope Judge Nap goes after Hayden , though he may be too kind to do that. Just last year there was a debate with Greenwald and Hayden and I think Greenwald did well in making Hayden look foolish and a liar (can watch that here if missed it), and I hope Napolitano will go after him similarly.

Is C-Span covering CPAC this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Is C-Span covering CPAC this year?
    Yea, at least the main speeches.

http://www.c-span.org/video/?324557-...onference&live

Don't think I'm going to watch any of it today, didn't see anyone or anything of interest to me. I might tune in to see what Cruz has to say, but like most people I'm kinda iffy on him, really hate his FP rhetoric so I'll probably not tune in for him either. Tomorrow though I'll be watching the Judge Nap v. Hayden panel (if it's streamed) and Rand.
    Last edited by libertyplz; 02-26-2015 at 11:04 AM.

Look at that list of names, what a joke of an event. Remember the buzz and excitement when Ron was there? It was so great to see the young people really sticking it to the establishment. It's a shame that those days are over.
    Last edited by Saint Vitus; 02-26-2015 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Vitus View Post
    Look at that list of names, what a joke of an event. Remember the buzz and excitement when Ron was there? It was so great to see the young people really sticking it to the establishment. It's a shame that those days are over.
    They aren't?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Vitus View Post
    It seems like the excitement for Rand among young people at CPAC is just as high.

Do we know anyone there who is updating on Twitter?

Please leave your Twitter handle...

*I would love to know if anyone would do basic video interviews with folks to get the vibe there. Would love to post it on my site iroots.org and I know we'd love to see it here.
    My website: iroots.org Looking for folks to help write about activism...
    "If you’re into political activism, at least for Ron Paul if not for anyone else, I strongly recommend spending some time with iroots.org."
    - Tom Woods

Mike Lee's ideal presidential candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Here’s an exclusive excerpt from Paul’s CPAC speech from Politico:

“We need to return to our founding principles and stand up for the entire Bill of Rights. Our future can include a road back to prosperity — back to respect at home and abroad. It should include a balanced budget and a simple, fair tax system.

“It should include a government that protects your rights and your security. It should include a stronger, better and more agile military. It’s time for a new way. A new set of ideas. A new leader: One you can trust — one who works for you. And above all: It’s time for a new president!”

NOM NOM NOM MOR PLZ
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

Watched the Scott Walker speech and Q&A, not that impressed.

I did not see it yet but know I certainly cannot rely on twitter or the media reports for CPAC. I saw the Christie Q&A since the media was reporting it as tough. After seeing it I was like was there another Q&A. No mention of his war on gun owners, Shannen Allen or the school teacher with the antique gun.

I am guessing no matter how it goes they have their talking points prepared.

Rich Lowry @RichLowry · 4h 4 hours ago
    Strong performance by Chris Christie under tough but fair questioning by @IngrahamAngle

Rich Lowry @RichLowry · 4m 4 minutes ago
    Judging by this afternoon at CPAC and the rhetoric around ISIS, the party has left behind flirtation w/ Rand Paul-style foreign policy

Rich Lowry ‏@RichLowry 17m17 minutes ago
    A barn-burner from Scott Walker. Lit up the crowd, handled heckler adroitly, touted his extensive record--very impressive performance
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Judging by this afternoon at CPAC and the rhetoric around ISIS, the party has left behind flirtation w/ Rand Paul-style foreign policy
    He must mean Ron Paul style foreign policy. Rand introduced a declaration of war against ISIS. I just hate how these people distort and misrepresent Rand's positions and make it sound like he's exactly the same as Ron on foreign policy.

Did he get a lot of applause/support?
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Yea honestly I was more impressed with the first half of Sarah Palin's speech and her emotional delivery where she went in depth on Soldiers coming back from Iraq and the statistics on what they have to suffer/deaths such as PTSD, Suicides, 80% divorce rate, 6k+ dead, lack of support from the V.A., scandal/corruption, etc. She was making a really good case as to why we should treat our soldiers better. She could have made a really good argument about never getting involved in undeclared wars and the mistake of having gone into Iraq and that we owe the soldiers more than that and to never make the same mistakes again if she wanted, but she didn't unfortunately. Second half of her speech went down the toilet though she spun it in a way to argue that we need to send a large force back to the middle east to deal with ISIS since only the U.S. can. /sigh

edit: here's video starts out good, but yea half way through eh...

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin closed the first day of the 2015 Conservative Political Action Conference with a speech surprisingly lacking in partisan barbs and heavy on advocacy for U.S. military veterans suffering from PTSD and reacclimatizing to civilian work.

Contrary to her 2013 CPAC speech, Palin did not use any props; and contrary to her 2014 speech, she did not focus exclusively on her usual brand of hokey jabs at her nemeses.

Rather, as even many media members noticed, her speech was a rather straightforward and serious one that focused on the government’s poor treatment of U.S. military veterans — especially those suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder — and her take on ISIS and the fight with “radical Islam” abroad.

She largely avoided partisan issues until she addressed Obama administration claims that we cannot simply kill ISIS out of existence. “Tell that to the Nazis!” she replied. “Oh wait, you can’t — because they’re dead.”

The former governor also took a “lightning-round” of word association questions, notably answering “Sorry” for both “Hillary Clinton” and “Barack Obama.”
    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/sarah-pal...y-cpac-speech/
    Last edited by orenbus; 02-26-2015 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Did he get a lot of applause/support?
    He did but a lot of them get a lot of applause, the only ones that don't are the non-headliners because the room empties out since people don't care as much to listen so they go eat lunch or whatever till the next headliner.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    He must mean Ron Paul style foreign policy. Rand introduced a declaration of war against ISIS. I just hate how these people distort and misrepresent Rand's positions and make it sound like he's exactly the same as Ron on foreign policy.
    No doubt he knows that and it was an intentional smear that works since many people do not follow all that closely. All the average Joe hears is the name Paul and these bs talking points.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

Rather, as even many media members noticed, her speech was a rather straightforward and serious one that focused on the government’s poor treatment of U.S. military veterans — especially those suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder — and her take on ISIS and the fight with “radical Islam” abroad.

She largely avoided partisan issues until she addressed Obama administration claims that we cannot simply kill ISIS out of existence. “Tell that to the Nazis!” she replied. “Oh wait, you can’t — because they’re dead.”
    That sounds so dumb.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast