Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Doug Wead: The Difference between Rand Paul and Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Delighted to know Rand is not in favor of marijuana legalization. I am convinced that we would be in danger of serious national decline if we allow another industry that facilitates addiction. Thanks, Doug for parsing the differences between these two fine men.
    Something is seriously up with people if this is how people feel about Marijuana legalization. Maybe RPF can help me find the weed junkies who are committing prostitution to inject more marijuanas in their veins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by philipped View Post
    Something is seriously up with people if this is how people feel about Marijuana legalization.
    Yeah, it is. But that kind of attitude probably still represents the majority of Republican voters.

Yeah, it is. But that kind of attitude probably still represents the majority of Republican voters.
    That's part of it. But the other part of it is the millions of voters who love freedom and are against this police state (me included, who is a Christian who is against drugs) who can grow the party and bring weight to his position.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Guys guys, chill.

How did you expect him to explain Rand's deviations?

"O, well, he's really a hardcore libertarian like his Dad, he's just lying to fool boobus."

That's obviously the truth of it, but one cannot say that in public.

He's not a hardcore libertarian like his dad, and he's not lying to fool voters. You have no proof that he is lying or misleading voters on his real beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    in other news....ric flair just turned on sting, and kicked him out of the 4 horsemen.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Represents the majority of Republican voters who actually vote on primary day? Most likely. But the GOP is now polling as basically 50/50 on Weed legalization. Problem is the young Republicans who support legalization are like us and are so sick of the GOP and it's BS that they won't come out for Republicans

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Vitus View Post
    He's not a hardcore libertarian like his dad, and he's not lying to fool voters. You have no proof that he is lying or misleading voters on his real beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Vitus View Post
    There is never any "proof" of anyone's real motives.

Ron Paul could have been a KBG agent for all you know. For all I know, you could be a KGB agent.

Point is, we only ever know other people's motives only through intuition (contra proof), and mine is that Rand is identical to Ron (except possibly on a few minor foreign policy issues, where I think there may be some genuine disagreement). Believe what you like..

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    I'm just going to pretend I didn't read that.
    Probably the best thing to do.

Listen, if you didn't like that article, it's because it wasn't written for you.

The rest of you guys need to remember exactly what it is we're trying to accomplish here. Rand's team could certainly throw us red meat, but it is much more effective when it is thrown to the GOP base.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    The rest of you guys need to remember exactly what it is we're trying to accomplish here. Rand's team could certainly throw us red meat, but it is much more effective when it is thrown to the GOP base.
    I guess we need to have this little reminder at times to keep everyone on the same page if, in fact, it's possible at all.

I don't think you can knock the guy to bad, especially when this message may not necessarily be tailor made for Ron's most hardcore supporters. Could be another attempt to reach outside of the coalition that Ron Paul and bring more people in for team Rand. Just a guess, but like Rand, he's no dummy.

This article is stupid. Rand Paul is not Reagan. Rand Paul is Rand Paul. Rand Paul's foreign policy is not different than Ron Paul's to a significant degree. The only difference between Rand and Ron is Rand Paul is interesting in advancing Libertarianism through public policy. This means you often must make concessions and statements that are anti-liberty, or water down your beliefs by stating what you actually would do. Shouting out "End the Fed" or "Bring our Troops Home" is not a strategy. This is the Ron Paul way. A strategy for reducing foreign involvement would be constitutionally declaring what wars we are in or should be, while rapidly bringing all of our troops home that are not involved in constitutional wars. Rand Paul displayed this with his ISIS strategy.

i don't understand people hating this article. this is written for the republicans, not libertarians. i believe it's very well-written and very well-timed FOR your average GOP voter, explaining our positions (especially those on which we get hammered on, Non-interventionist foreign policy and the Federal Reserve)

we will not win the GOP primary if we don't sway your average republican and help them see the light. the libertarian base of the GOP, unfortunately, is just not enough (as we have seen in 2008 and 2012)

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Most Republicans/tea partiers/conservatives that I know are miserable gd destructive fools, hypocrites, etc. on many/most issues...monetary ignoramuses, warmongers, drug warmongers, etc...

...many/most of the 'conservative' activists i know can frequently be found bloviating about 'freedom' and 'the constitution' ...as they have made a gd fool federal case out of people exercising their obvious [individual] freedoms/rights to grow god's seed-bearing plants and use them as they see fit, etc. ad nauseam...without permission from the gd fool republicrat apparatchiks..

...btw, WHY WOULD ANYONE CALL THEMSELVES 'CONSERVATIVE'?!..do you really 'oppose change?!'...

...hint for Republicreeps: more webster's, less hannity, beck, limbaugh, jones, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by H. E. Panqui View Post
    btw, WHY WOULD ANYONE CALL THEMSELVES 'CONSERVATIVE'?!..do you really 'oppose change?!'...
    Yeah, that's why I changed my user name. I don't really like the term "conservative" anymore. I don't really like the term "libertarian" either, but "conservative" is just as bad.

Yeah, that's why I changed my user name. I don't really like the term "conservative" anymore. I don't really like the term "libertarian" either, but "conservative" is just as bad.
    Yeah, I wouldn't identify as either anymore either. I'll stick with just "Christian", though I still agree with most libertarians way more than most conservatives.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

The way I see it, the major difference between Ron and Rand is Ron had full allegiance to the philosophy he preached while Rand has full allegiance to the party he's in. Rand may have been a full on libertarian at one time, but that vanished some time before he decided to run for the GOP's nomination for senator.

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where did we get this crazy idea that Ron is a hardcore libertarian? He isn't. He's more constitutional than libertarian. He isn't even a minarchist.

Brett85 writes: 'Yeah, that's why I changed my user name. I don't really like the term "conservative" anymore. I don't really like the term "libertarian" either, but "conservative" is just as bad.'

(I can understand why decent, knowledgeable people despise 'conservatives'/conservatism..i.e. 'people who want to maintain the status quo' (please see dictionary, Republican/conservative illiterates)...but why would a decent, knowledgeable person badmouth 'libertarians/libertarianism?'...

...granted, the term/concept 'libertarian' has been REPEATEDLY butchered by the likes of Glenn Beck, Kneel Boor, etc. stinking Republicans galore...but decent, knowledgeable people aren't fooled by fools..

(I can understand why decent, knowledgeable people despise 'conservatives'/conservatism..i.e. 'people who want to maintain the status quo' (please see dictionary, Republican/conservative illiterates)...but why would a decent, knowledgeable person badmouth 'libertarians/libertarianism?'...[/COLOR]

...granted, the term/concept 'libertarian' has been REPEATEDLY butchered by the likes of Glenn Beck, Kneel Boor, etc. stinking Republicans galore...but decent, knowledgeable people aren't fooled by fools..
    I don't have a problem with the concept, just the term. If you call yourself a libertarian, there are too many people who say something like, "oh, so you're a pro choice Republican." Most people don't understand what the word means.

Admittedly, I have a rare soft-spot for 'libertarians'...(the 'good', 'real' 'libertarians'...yeah i know..)

...they were the first people associated with [stinking] 'politics' and government who taught me/introduced me to essential concepts:...that the essence of government is 'force/violence and fraud, and/or the threat of force/violence, fraud...

...that there are essentially two ways to get someone to do what you want: persuasion or coercion/force (i.e. 'government')..and that peaceful, wise libertarians advocate the former while the gd fool republicrat 'authoritarians' are continually and ignorantly advocating the latter...

...that the INITIATION of force/government is virtually always wrong..

...their desires for complete government transparency and a government of 'umpires' (to the extent we need umpires), not 'players'...honest notions about 'non-interventionism' vs. 'isolationism'..and many other clear-headed concepts I have become aware of because of people who called themselves 'libertarian'..

...and although i find even most libertarians ignorant of 'monetary realism', there are waaaaay more $knowledgeable libertarian$ than republicrat$..
    Last edited by H. E. Panqui; 03-03-2015 at 10:03 AM.

That's why I refer to myself as Paleoconservative whenever I meet someone.

I'm an untraditional, pro-intellectual, unreligious voluntaryist. But I kinda recognize that my political beliefs are on the conservative spectrum in America and I don't mind being associated with the conservative movement, even if I'm the furthest from the social traditionalism that people associate with it (I'm outside of the political spectrum here in Europe -- or probably just a product of Bastiat's tradition).

I think libertarians at large should abandon the word 'anarcho-capitalism' for voluntaryism. It's less of a loaded term and I don't think that being anti-state entirely necessarily makes you an anarchist. The philosophical foundations of anarchism and anti-state libertarianism are so different. Incompatible even.

Political terminology is funny.
    Last edited by LawnWake; 03-03-2015 at 01:41 PM.

Rand Paul Adviser Goes Full Neocon on Netanyahu Speech

Doug Wead, a Rand Paul adviser, who attended the key November 2014 Rand Paul strategy meeting held in order to map out a Rand presidential bid, appeared on FOX News with Neal Cavuto and promoted, hook, line and sinker, the Netanyahu message. Bizarrely, he even compared Iran to the mass killers Idi Amin and Pol Pot, and found Iran failing in comparison to them. Now, that's how you sling propaganda.

http://www.targetliberty.com/2015/03...th-israel.html

....good grief!!!...is this 'doug wead' the fellow about whom a ?bunch of rand paul supporters here? were recently gushing?!?...say it ain't so, rand!......(yikes!!...this wead guy sounds like he gets his shtick from the michael (weiner) savage show...red-@ss baboon embarrassment!...

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    WTF is going on with Rand and his Rahm Emmanuel guy Doug Weed? When you want to be president so bad that you become a Brown Nose Licker who out War Mongers the Terrorist War Mongers themselves then buddy it's time to ask some real hard questions of this up & coming Future Mass Murderer who wants to direct "MY" Country. I don't want to go back to the Stone Age or even the Middle Ages. I want to claim my God given Birthright of Heaven on Earth. I am tired of all the Manipulation Propaganda Lies and Secrets that program us psychologically to hate a convenient enemy! How come these Hate/War Mongers are allowed to spew forth their Vitriol. Isn't Hate Speech a Crime??? But that doesn't matter in our Lawless Government run from the shadows, cracks & crevices of the Sewers of D.C. and elsewhere. Rand is like so many others before him, satisfied to warm a seat in Congress with the personal hope that if he plays his cards right he will move up the political ladder. Rand isn't Ron! Hell he voted for Mitt Romney over his own Father. Thanks a lot Rand. Here I was out in a Snow Storm meeting with Ron Paul when he came to Bangor. My Friends held up signs saying, 'Ron Paul Can Win' while you, Dandy Randy, stuck us all in the Back. No wonder Ron was discouraged. Yeh. I talked with him privately after I got him away from his security guys for a one on one and he seemed to be on a downer. Well it never was about Ron and now its not about Rand either. It's about the issues, Real Issues that matter and can change our World for the Better. I have been tired of seeing Death & Destruction carried out by a hijacked American Government since the Vietnam War (Actually, Mass Murder/Genocide would be a better description). I graduated in 68 right in the middle of Mass Murder and Genocide. I didn't like it then and I still don't like it now! I tried to stop it then and my resolve to stop it now has just grown more fierce over time. This hatred towards Iran and Russia and Syria benefits the International Gangster Banksters and their worldwide Mafia. These Elite are programming you to hate who they choose for their ultimate benefit. There is a Cult of Delusional Psychopaths at the top responsible for all the pain, misery, suffering, and Death that we see all around us. They need to be brought down, not 2 years from now but right NOW. Today. What is Rand doing Today? Looks like he's kissing and fondling the very ones he should be Karate Chopping in the Throat. All you believers, Rand included, believing that the Republican Party will deliver are going to be disappointed Again!!! The Republican Party Gang and the Democrat Party Gang are Both Crime Syndicates full of Criminals, Mass Murderers, Traitors, Foreign Agents and Delusional Psychopaths. Do you think that they would allow a Free, Honest, and Open Election if it meant them loosing their control? Never Happen. They just need another "Remember the Maine", or "Kennedy Assassination", or "NYC 911", or "USS Liberty", or another Pearl Harbor". There won't be another election. You ever hear of Martial Law? You have No rights. Absolutly None... Mass arrests and assassinations and disappearings will be common. etc.etc.etc. I've lived this way carrying humans and body parts away from Government Snipers. Getting beat up numerous times by Secret Police & Reg Police and arrested and tried multiple times. etc is not something that I would reccommend to anyone. The non-military civilian population is the ones who suffer and die the most. The time has come when we must stand and fight today! Everyday. We need to stop these Religious Cults and Delusional Psychopaths from destroying our World and Humanity.......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...............................................
    ....good grief!!!...is this 'doug wead' the fellow about whom a ?bunch of rand paul supporters here? were recently gushing?!?...say it ain't so, rand!......(yikes!!...this wead guy sounds like he gets his shtick from the michael (weiner) savage show...red-@ss baboon embarrassment!...

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Coffman View Post
    Rand isn't Ron! Hell he voted for Mitt Romney over his own Father. Thanks a lot Rand. Here I was out in a Snow Storm meeting with Ron Paul when he came to Bangor. My Friends held up signs saying, 'Ron Paul Can Win' while you, Dandy Randy, stuck us all in the Back.
    I hate to say this, but if you really think that Ron Paul could've "won" at that point, then you're just completely delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Probably the best thing to do.

Listen, if you didn't like that article, it's because it wasn't written for you.

^^This

Guided by cool heads like Doug Wead, I picture Team Rand sitting in meetings with a white board saying, "Ok. What are the issues? Let's brainstorm and put them all on the board. Now let's prioritize 1 thru 20 (or whatever) and come up with the top 5 or 6 that are no compromise and we will use those for the campaign foundation. And the ones in the middle we can hedge a little, and the ones at the bottom we'll use for red meat to the GOP base. Sound good?" and the people say "Hell yeah Doug! Sounds great!"

Makes sense.
    Last edited by Jamesiv1; 03-09-2015 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post

I hope you're aware that Rand has openly pushed for ending federal prison sentences for drug violations, reducing drug penalties to things like fines, fully legalizing medical marijuana, etc. He doesn't publicly support complete drug decriminalization because it would be devastating to his political standing, but he takes positions-- both in words and in legislation-- which do, in fact, serve to combat the War on Drugs, which he has, in fact, expilcitly denounced as an entity (see, for example, his interview with Bill Maher a couple months back).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast