Thread: Vince Vaughn Officially Comes out of the Political Closet

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Vince Vaughn Officially Comes out of the Political Closet

Oh boy....

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/02/2...-vince-vaughn/

Vaughn committed what many in Hollywood will consider three “immortal sins” in a recent interview with Playboy magazine as reported by Breitbart.

Firstly, Vaughn admitted to being a fan of pro-liberty former Congressman Ron Paul and described his political views as Libertarian. Secondly, he came out as pro-Second Amendment. Thirdly, he committed what his commie Hollywood colleagues may believe is the unpardonable sin, he basically called affirmative action a form of racism.

“I’m a very big fan, yes,” Vaughn said about Ron Paul. “Ron Paul woke a lot of people up to the fact that government can’t handle everything for you,” he said when asked if he would support a Ron Paul presidential candidacy in 2016…

Hochman then asked the popular actor whether he owned a gun, to which Vaughn replied, “I believe in the right to defend yourself if need be. Hopefully, you’re never in that situation, but I think you’re fairly naive to believe there will never be a cause for self-defense. But again, I believe it’s up to the individual,” he contended.

When asked if he was a fan of affirmative action and racial quotas, Vaughn replied with a question. “Do you believe that using race as a factor in evaluating a person is a good way to operate?”

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Hot Air conveniently omitted this part of his Playboy interview.

“Once you start playing that game, where does it stop?” Vaughn asked. “I like the way it was until 1913 [pre-Federal Reserve and federal income tax via the 16th Amendment], when locally you had sales taxes and property taxes. That seems ethical to me, because I can move to a different neighborhood or area if I like the services they provide. To this day, your police department and your fire department are paid for with local taxes, and that makes sense, because you might use those. But the federal government looking into your books to decide what to take from you, that feels wrong,” he asserted.

Vaughn told Playboy’s contributing editor David Hochman that, “Trusting the federal government to know what we need and to run things well feels like a bad idea,” before going on to say that he’s against undeclared wars and the “foreign policy of force,” where the U.S. “decides to go into another country to make things turn out a certain way,” seemingly a shot at nation building.

“But I don’t agree with a foreign policy that says you can send troops places without declaring a war and without having a plan to win the war,” he told Hochman, giving Vietnam as an example.

Wow. Hotair doing a favorable article of a Ron Paul fan? What is this world coming to?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Pro Second Amendment?
    Pro Ron Paul?
    Against the Fed and income taxes?
    Against foreign interventions and undeclared wars?

Poor sod. There goes his career.

I may have to pick up a couple of Vince Vaughn movies just to show some support.

Quote Originally Posted by KCIndy View Post
    Pro Second Amendment?
    Pro Ron Paul?
    Against the Fed and income taxes?
    Against foreign interventions and undeclared wars?

Poor sod. There goes his career.

I may have to pick up a couple of Vince Vaughn movies just to show some support.
    Somebody get Harvey Weinstein on the phone! LOL

http://reason.com/blog/2015/02/12/vi...rianism-with-p

Some more excerpts:
    PLAYBOY: Would you ever consider running for office?

VAUGHN: No. But let’s say I did. I’m going to have a lot of people with a lot of money becoming my friends, aren’t I? Because I can write laws to benefit you. Let’s say you’re a major corporation, and I’m the politician and I can write laws. I can say which race gets a benefit and which doesn’t. That could get me some votes. Or I write laws that help your business and limit other businesses from being able to compete with you because they can’t survive all the new programs I’m putting in place. What is it they can’t afford? The health care act? Okay, I’ll vote for that and they can never reach you. But you have to vote for me.

You have to understand that America today is not capitalistic. The problem is corporatism. The government has too much authority, and it’s dangerous. It stifles productivity and freedom and prosperity and peace. I find most people nowadays are more complacent or accepting that the government can successfully do everything for us. It can’t. It can’t!

PLAYBOY: You’re very passionate about these issues.

VAUGHN: How can you not be? The Patriot Act? Let’s get rid of it. Undeclared wars, doing away with personal liberties—let’s understand how that has worked out historically to see that it has led to some horrible things. Once our personal liberties are gone, when an American citizen can be pulled out of his house and detained for six months without a trial, where is our country? Once those rights are gone, how do you get them back? Once the government is allowed to listen to you, how do you get that privacy back?
    He officially came out as a Paul supporter and libertarian years ago.

Everyone must read [End the Fed]--Congressmen and college students, Democrats and Republicans--all Americans.
    --Vince Vaughn

The last book I read was the book I've been rereading most of my life—The Fountainhead.
    --Vince Vaughn

Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Hot Air conveniently omitted this part of his Playboy interview.
    Well, here's one comment. Lol.

I think being a Ron Paul fan makes him worse than being a liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Well, here's one comment. Lol.
    That comment makes no sense at face value, unless you want the DoD to operate with no accountability.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by KCIndy View Post
    Anchorman is a good one.
    Stop believing stupid things

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Vince Vaughn 2020??
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

I don't think Vince Vaughn's ever made it a secret he supports Ron Paul. Actually I think he's vocally supported him for years.
    "Nobody wins in a Dairy Challenge" ~ Kenny Rogers, RIP

"When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken, or cease to be honest." ~ anonymous

“The fate of all mankind I see
    Is in the hands of fools” ~ King Crimson

Yeah there are threads on this forum dating back to at least 2009 when Ron attended one of Vince's movie premiers.

Ain't no secret. But let the voices keep getting louder!
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post
    Yeah there are threads on this forum dating back to at least 2009 when Ron attended one of Vince's movie premiers.

Also pics by Gage (iirc) of Vince at Ron's house for a family function of some sort.

I wonder if Vince has his own production company? Would be awesome for him to hire libertarian minded people to produce tv/movie/online content to counter the liberal control of the media.

eta: indeed he does. http://www.wildwestpictureshowproductions.com
    Last edited by devil21; 02-26-2015 at 03:34 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Am I the only one who is fixated on how terribly rands pants fit him? Way too much break and much too wide for his build

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
    He officially came out as a Paul supporter and libertarian years ago.

Everyone must read [End the Fed]--Congressmen and college students, Democrats and Republicans--all Americans.
    --Vince Vaughn

The last book I read was the book I've been rereading most of my life—The Fountainhead.
    --Vince Vaughn

Quote Originally Posted by sam1952 View Post
    I don't think Vince Vaughn's ever made it a secret he supports Ron Paul. Actually I think he's vocally supported him for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post

Yeah, what's this closet business?
    Last edited by green73; 02-25-2015 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    Am I the only one who is fixated on how terribly rands pants fit him? Way too much break and much too wide for his build
    Yes

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    I think it's that he actually fleshed out his thoughts in detail as opposed to merely being associated with the Pauls. The Affirmative Action answer was especially brave, given his profession.

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by trey4sports View Post
    No. Wearing poor-fitting clothes seems to be a Paul family tradition.

That Vince is a Ron Paul supporter isn't news and hasn't been kept in the closet. I've known that for years now.