Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Iowa Poll: Walker 25, Paul 13, Carson 11, Huckabee 11, Bush 10

New Iowa Poll: Walker 25, Paul 13, Carson 11, Huckabee 11, Bush 10

Rand continues to have relatively high favorability as well.

http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-e...ReleaseID=2158

Bush's unfavorability is so high, it's going to be an up hill battle for him in Iowa I think.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 02-25-2015 at 11:29 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Damn media creations like scott walker.. Most people weren't even aware of this douchebag before 24/7 blasting of his an ointment on the news
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    Damn media creations like scott walker.. Most people weren't even aware of this douchebag before 24/7 blasting of his an ointment on the news
    Good. The Bush machine is pushing Walker to undermine the true opposition. Great news - if we handle it correctly.

Walker, Carson, and Huck could all appeal to a different audience. Let's join them instead of trashing them. I think a Paul/Walker ticket with Carson as Surgeon General and Huckabee as Ambassador to the UN would be great!

The idea that people must support Rand Paul exclusively is foolhardy and should have been the biggest lesson from 2012. We're a big tent - if the Bush's want to inflate someone's support, let it help us - not hurt us.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-20-2016 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Walker, Carson, and Huck could all appeal to a different audience. Let's join them instead of trashing them. I think a Paul/Walker ticket with Carson as Surgeon General and Huckabee as Ambassador to the UN would be great!
    Huckkabee was a lot more of a big government governor than Bush.
    Lifetime member of more than 1 national gun organization and the New Hampshire Liberty Alliance. Part of Young Americans for Liberty and Campaign for Liberty. Free State Project participant and multi-year Free Talk Live AMPlifier.

I'm all about taking opposition seriously, and we should. But I'm not gonna worry until the race has really started.

Good. The Bush machine is pushing Walker to undermine the true opposition. Great news - if we handle it correctly.

The idea that people must support Rand Paul exclusively is foolhardy and should have been the biggest lesson from 2012. We're a big tent - if the Bush's want to inflate someone's support, let it help us - not hurt us.
    I will just add that in that recent interview, Randal did not say anything negative about walker, just "Not Bad".
    Also, I seem to Recall RandPac fundraising for/supporting Walker early on.

Walker is an interesting guy, but I'm not sure that he's dynamic or tough enough to take down Rand. It'll be fun to watch that playout, though.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We're a big tent - if the Bush's want to inflate someone's support, let it help us - not hurt us.
    Yeah, if Walker is in the tent, then you might as well let Bush in too.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I will just add that in that recent interview, Randal did not say anything negative about walker, just "Not Bad".
    Also, I seem to Recall RandPac fundraising for/supporting Walker early on.
    Walker seems good on domestic issues, but his foreign policy still seems as bad as anyone in the race. I'm hoping that he's just saying what GOP hawks in the party want to hear, rather than actually being serious in his support for a highly interventionist foreign policy. Because if he became President and got involved in ground wars against ISIS all over the globe, that would lead to just as bad of results as what we get under a Democratic President.

Only 8 percent of caucus participants are less likely to vote for Walker because he does not have a college degree, while 82 percent say that makes no difference in their vote. Because his father and brother were presidents, 25 percent say they are less likely to vote for Jeb Bush, but 63 percent say it makes no difference.
    ^^^ That shows that the BS some have been pushing about Walker being not viable because he does not have a college degree. Including some here, is exactly that, BS.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by The Gold Standard View Post
    Yeah, if Walker is in the tent, then you might as well let Bush in too.
    I'd let in supporters of either one of them. I just don't expect Walker to be around very long - his supporters will need a strong second choice and I can think of none better than Rand Paul.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    ^^^ That shows that the BS some have been pushing about Walker being not viable because he does not have a college degree. Including some here, is exactly that, BS.
    As well as the evolution nonsense. The liberal media attacks on Scott Walker for not answering their ridiculous misleading questions on things like evolution are merely helping him.

I want to see a Scott Walker 20-30 minute Foreign Policy speech with a follow up Q&A and learn more about his stances on issues and history before deciding either way if he would be a decent VP. Anyone know of any F.P. speech video?
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Walker scares the $#@! out of me. He just strikes me as a conscious candidate, someone the big money can prop up as a conscientious candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    I want to see a Scott Walker 20-30 minute Foreign Policy speech with a follow up Q&A and learn more about his stances on issues and history before deciding either way if he would be a decent VP. Anyone know of any F.P. speech video?
    He's worse than McCain. One of the worst I've heard.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand in double digits! Whew, that was scary after some of the more recent polls. Stay steady Rand!
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

There isn't anything about Walker that suggests he isn't your typical Republican

Rand has 15% of the Tea Party base. 9% Born Again Evangelical. 9% Very Conservative. 12% Somewhat Conservative. 21% Liberal. 17% of Men. and only 8% of Women.
    Last edited by William Tell; 02-25-2015 at 02:30 PM.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Rand is the second choice of 10% of the Tea Party. 6% Born Again Evangelicals. 6% Very Conservative. 10% somewhat Conservative. 11% Moderate/Liberal. 9% of Men. And only 7% of Women.
    Last edited by William Tell; 02-25-2015 at 02:47 PM.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

As of right now, Walker's just a media pump and dump.

Give it a few weeks and see if he holds these numbers - my guess is not.

...that's not to say he won't be a formidable opponent, but the idea that he's got this much of a lead, sustainably, is dubious IMO.

Rand actually leads among moderate/liberal Republicans at 21%.

George W. Bush has an 80% favorable rating among Iowa Republicans. This is what we're up against.
    Last edited by Brett85; 02-25-2015 at 03:19 PM.

Ron Paul
    Favorable: 45%
    Unfavorable 31%

Rand Paul
    Favorable: 58%
    Unfavorable: 22%

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    As of right now, Walker's just a media pump and dump.

Give it a few weeks and see if he holds these numbers - my guess is not.

...that's not to say he won't be a formidable opponent, but the idea that he's got this much of a lead, sustainably, is dubious IMO.
    I think it would be longer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by jkob View Post
    There isn't anything about Walker that suggests he isn't your typical Republican
    He doesn't come from an elitist background, which makes him very atypical of any candidate Republican or Democrat, in recent years. And the electorate in 2016 is going to be in a very, very anti-establishment mood. We can not underestimate Walker. I agree that policy-wise, he is little different than Jeb, but he doesn't have any of the baggage that guys like Jeb, Romney, and McCain had in terms of appealing to middle class America.

The fear is that Jeb becomes the "establishemnt" candidate representing Wall Street and the wealthy, Walker is seen as the "anti-establishment" guy representing the working class and main street, and Rand is painted as the "fringe" guy representing the pot smokers and geeks. That is what we need to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulMall View Post
    I agree that policy-wise, he is little different than Jeb, but he doesn't have any of the baggage that guys like Jeb, Romney, and McCain had in terms of appealing to middle class America.
    I think his domestic policy is probably better than Jeb's. But foreign policy wise they seem to be pretty identical. All the Republicans running except for Rand seem to be pretty identical on foreign policy.

I have to lmao at this Scott Walker thing .. Who the hell is this guy? The only "name recognition" thing about him in my mind is some recall of he as Governor that lasted months. Somehow he survived it, I think lol.. So who is he, what does he believe in ... is he a neocon, a libertarian, a rhino, a community organizer as the last piece of chit we have in the white house? Where the hell did this guy come from, and why the hell is he topping the charts in gop polls?

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    I have to lmao at this Scott Walker thing .. Who the hell is this guy? The only "name recognition" thing about him in my mind is some recall of he as Governor that lasted months. Somehow he survived it, I think lol.. So who is he, what does he believe in ... is he a neocon, a libertarian, a rhino, a community organizer as the last piece of chit we have in the white house? Where the hell did this guy come from, and why the hell is he topping the charts in gop polls?
    He is probably the most well known Republican Governor in the country. The Government Employee Unions made him public enemy #1 and spent a ridiculous amount of money trying to remove him from office in a high profile recall election that he won. Unlike the overwhelming majority of Republican politicians, he has a handful of significant, conservative policy accomplishments that he can point to.

I don't like Scott Walker much and imo he fits the profile of somebody who would cave to whatever the Neocon Puppetmasters want once he won the Presidency, but you shouldn't be surprised that he's a serious candidate garnering significant support.

Scott Walker earned his poll numbers by doing something very few republicans have actually done in office and that's stand up to the unions and beat them down. I dont know much about him other than that but that accomplishment is HUGE! He is someone that will give us a challenge. He is the outsider who the perpetual war defenders can gather around. Hopefully he trips up but he's going to be tough to beat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast