Thread: Russia pay Ukraine for Crimea, Donestk and Lughansk?

Banned

Blog Entries

Russia pay Ukraine for Crimea, Donestk and Lughansk?

So, I think, a peaceful resolution could be gained, if Russia simply paid Ukraine to annex those three regions, in gas, for a decade or two, or three.

I know it would go to the current regime, currently, but I think Ukrainians will tire of NATO meddling soon enough, and politically flip over to Russia in a decade or two anyway, especially if they are receiving free gas. It could help end sanctions. If not that, Russia could offer to sell Ukraine gas in Hyrvnia or Rubles. this could prop up both nations currencies, as both would be based on natural gas purchasing power, and would further help to challenge the vastly overvalued US dollar.

What say ye, Ron Paul forums? Let's have some real think tank talk. Surely somebody can step up, and counter my rosy outlook.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post
    So, I think, a peaceful resolution could be gained, if Russia simply paid Ukraine to annex those three regions, in gas, for a decade or two, or three.

I know it would go to the current regime, currently, but I think Ukrainians will tire of NATO meddling soon enough, and politically flip over to Russia in a decade or two anyway, especially if they are receiving free gas. It could help end sanctions. If not that, Russia could offer to sell Ukraine gas in Hyrvnia or Rubles. this could prop up both nations currencies, as both would be based on natural gas purchasing power, and would further help to challenge the vastly overvalued US dollar.

What say ye, Ron Paul forums? Let's have some real think tank talk. Surely somebody can step up, and counter my rosy outlook.
    How about they just forgive the debt already owed for gas that was never paid for? That is assuming that Russia even wants to annex those other provinces.
    Ukraine was once part of the Soviet Union, Russia was fine with them as a neighbor,, and a trade partner. Until The Nazi Coup.

It is not that those provinces even want to join Russia. They just want to get the $#@! away from the Nazis,, and will go to Russia for help..
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by UWDude View Post

Well, one huge problem with your proposal is that Russia has been quite clear that they are not and will not offer Eastern Ukraine membership in to the Russian Federation. They insist on a united Ukraine with Constitutional changes that protect Russian speaking Ukrainians.

The Crimea maybe Russia could give the Ukraine a few rubles in compensation, but the conflict in the East requires more than that.