Thread: Janet Yellen testiyfing "I strongly oppose audit the Fed" (2/24/15 - AM)

Janet Yellen testiyfing "I strongly oppose audit the Fed" (2/24/15 - AM)

C-SPAN3
    http://www.c-span.org/video/?324477-...ry-policy&live

"If economic conditions continue to improve, as the Committee anticipates, the Committee will at some point begin considering an increase in the target range for the federal funds rate on a meeting-by-meeting basis. Before then, the Committee will change its forward guidance," she said.

In addition to her generally dovish remarks on rates, Yellen struck a politically vigilant tone when asked about a move in Congress, pushed in large part by Sen. Rand Paul, a likely Republican presidential candidate in 2016, to audit the Fed.

"I strongly oppose audit the Fed," she said.

Her remarks otherwise vacillated between broad-scale discussions on the path of rates to more granular issues of Fed parliamentary procedures.... (more)

Investors, though, were mostly looking for clarity on the big questions.

While Wall Street expects the Fed to hike rates mid-year, investors will be paying close attention to Yellen's statement and following question-and-answer session with Congress for guidance on the timing of a potential hike. Currently, the Fed pegs the targeted range for the federal funds rate at 0 to 0.25 percent.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/102447413

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Going for that Rothschild bonus check, eh Janet?

Well, thank God liberals are in favor of transparency.

Oh, wait...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Janet Yellen's Subtle Message To America
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-0...essage-america

Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

These maggots are freaking out over audits. Just proves beyond a shadow of a doubt, they should be serving 100 years plus 200 years. Have you guys had success telling the IRS you don't want an audit? I don't think so.

in b4 Zippy.
    they already undergo rigorous audits.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

1. The US Congress has the option to buy back the FED at $450 millions (per Congressional Records). When the Congress does this, it will own back the billions of US Government Bonds held by the FED. The US Government will actually PROFIT by buying back the FED! Also, the US government no longer has to pay interests to the FED owners on those bonds .

has anyone else ever seen the above ? we owe the fed over $2 trillion .

Quote Originally Posted by ILUVRP View Post
    1. The US Congress has the option to buy back the FED at $450 millions (per Congressional Records). When the Congress does this, it will own back the billions of US Government Bonds held by the FED. The US Government will actually PROFIT by buying back the FED! Also, the US government no longer has to pay interests to the FED owners on those bonds .

has anyone else ever seen the above ? we owe the fed over $2 trillion .

This wont happen after all how many times did Andrew Jackson had to fire the treasury Secretary to shut down the last scam bank? That was over a hundred years ago when the press was still free. Now with all the (educated idiots) lemmings around you parroting what they hear from ministry of truth do really think our government will shut down the fed?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What a bunch of criminals.

Sen. Bob Corker - What an ass.

Republican Senator Corker is AGAINST auditing the fed.

politico - 2/24/15:
    ... Republican Sen. Bob Corker of Tennessee helped her make the strongest case against the proposal was unexpected.

Corker made clear on Tuesday that he is no fan of “Audit the Fed,” arguing it would be bad policy.

His questioning at the hearing took on a joking tone when he asked Yellen about the Fed’s transparency.

“While you may issue an updated balance sheet each week, how do we know those securities actually exist?” Corker said with a smile.

Yellen said Big Four accounting firm Deloitte audits the Fed’s balance sheet and she held up a copy of the audited financial statements.

“So they do exist?” Corker asked cheekily.

“They do exist senator,” Yellen affirmed.

“It’s obvious to me that the Audit the Fed effort is to not to address auditing the Fed because the Fed is audited,” Corker said. “So to me it’s an attempt to allow Congress to be able to put pressure on Fed members relative to monetary policy. And I would just advocate that would not be a particularly good idea and it would cause us to put off tough decisions for the future, like we currently are doing with budgetary matters. Do you agree with that?”

“I strongly agree,” Yellen said.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0....html?hp=b1_c1