Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I知 gay. And I want my kid to be gay, too.

Umm... holy $#@!... I feel a tirade coming on. You've been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I’m gay. And I want my kid to be gay, too.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinio...opinions_pop_b

I live in the liberal bubble of Park Slope, Brooklyn, where no yuppie would ever admit to wanting their kid to be anything in particular, other than happy. But more often than not, we define happiness as some variation on our own lives, or at least the lives of our expectations. If we went to college, we want our kids to go to college. If we like sports, we want our kids to like sports. If we vote Democrat, of course we want our kids to vote Democrat.

I’m gay.
    And stupid, too, apparently.

And I want my kid to be gay, too.
    And how, I wonder, are you fixing to see your laudable desire made real? Choose your words with care; they may end you up in a cell. Oh wait, twentieth century America. Never mind that last bit.

Many of my straight friends, even the most liberal, see this logic as warped.
    Demonstrating they have managed to retain some shred of intelligence and decency.

It’s one thing for them to admit that they would prefer their kids to be straight, something they’ll only begrudgingly confess. But wanting my daughter to be a lesbian? I might as well say I want her to grow up to be lactose intolerant.
    No, you might as well confess you are a sexual pervert and a blithering idiot.

“Don’t you want her to be happy?” one friend asked.
    Not as much as she wants her to be a lesbian, apparently.

Perhaps he just meant that it’s easier to be straight in a homophobic culture.
    And here folks, we have one of the money shots. If I'm not on my knees, sucking your cock and worshipping you for what you are, I am a homophobe worthy of nothing less than gross dismemberment in the slowest and most freakishly agonizing manner even the Devil could not conjure in his wildest imagination, but that any militant **** could vomit from his well-worked anus while sleeping.

But this attitude complies with, even reinforces, that culture in the first place.
    Naked, unsupported claim. Attempt at sneaking by with proof-by-assertion FAILs.

A less-charitable interpretation is that he thinks being straight is superior.
    It is, given the right presuppositions. It is not, given others. Just another idiot blowing her hot air with no knowledge and making a jackass of herself before the world of thinking men. She must be so very proud, would you not think?

When I was a teenager, my father cautioned me against marrying a black person. “I’m just trying to protect you,” he said. But it was impossible to know whether he meant to insulate me from the world’s bias or implicitly rationalize his own.
    So what... as if the difference was significant. He was your father and gave his opinion. So you became a dyke instead... what in hell are you kvetching about?

The idea that no one would choose to be gay is widely held — even in the gay rights movement.
    Wow... she actually writes something with which I agree.

In the early ’90s, partly as a response to the destructive notion that gay people could be changed, activists pressed the idea of sexuality as a fixed, innate state.
    In some people, it seems to be the definite truth, based on my 57 years of observing people with close scrutiny.

Scientists even tried to prove that there’s a “gay gene.”
    I have met and known many hundreds of ***** over the years and one thing I can say for sure is that many of those were without any doubt born ***** as a $3.41 bill. On this I hold precious little reserve. There are guys I've known that were so flaming, screaming, float-flying ***** as to drive home with great force the gut impression that this all started in the womb. I have had the same conversation with at least several dozens of gays who have volunteered to me without my solicitation that they knew they were ***** at a very young age, I would say at least down to five years, but most around fifth/sixth grade.

These concepts about sexual orientation helped justify the case for legal protections. The idea that folks are “born gay” became not only the theme of a Lady Gaga song, but the implicit rationale for gay rights.
    We agree again? Perhaps I am actually a lesbian and have been in denial all these years.

“I wouldn’t even choose for myself to be gay,” a friend once told me. It was a sad admission, because she was.
    It is one thing to be so wired. It is quite another to be naturally inclined to the straight and make the conscious choice to go *****. That's just crazy. Why not choose to try breathing water, too, while you're at it? But as usual, do as you please. I do, however, take endless exception to the induction of otherwise straight children into the ranks of the *****. That is criminal and I would be all for beating such recruiters with a green cane until they begged for death and then send them on their ways with something they would never forget.

Until 1973, the American Psychological Association considered homosexuality a form of mental illness.
    It can be plausibly argued that synthetic homosexuality is indeed a mental illness. The same does not apply for those of the organically ***** bent, IMO.

And while gay-positive culture has flourished since, our aspirations haven’t kept pace. It’s more widely acceptable to be gay in America today, but that’s not the same as being desirable. In my house, though, it is.
    There is no requirement that the broader culture be "gay-positive", but only gay-tolerant.

Here you might expect me to say something about how, if my daughter were gay, she would undoubtedly face challenges and hurdles she wouldn’t encounter if she were straight. Maybe. And maybe if I weren’t an upper-middle-class white lesbian living in a liberal city, I’d have such worries. But no matter what, I’d want my child to be herself. If I lived in, say, North Carolina, with an adopted son from Morocco, I’d like to think I would encourage him to be Muslim, if that’s what he chose. I’d do this even though his life would probably be easier if he didn’t. It’s also easier to succeed as a dentist than an artist. But if my daughter wants to be an artist, I’ll encourage her all the way — and work to destroy any barriers along her path, not put them up myself.
    This "woman" is so self-contradicting, yet seems not to notice. Imbecile? Psychotic? Progressive! That pretty well encompasses every negative thing I can think about another human being.

Plus, I’ve never for a single second regretted being gay,
    Good for you, but really... who cares?

nor saw it as anything other than an asset and a gift. My parents were ridiculously supportive from Day One, and I had a great community of friends and mentors who made me feel unconditionally accepted. By the time my daughter comes of age, she’ll have even more of a support network, including two moms, for crying out loud.
    And we all know that two moms is superior to a mom and dad. Is it her writing style that is just so inept, or is she really this stupid? Perhaps it is both.

More than that, though, being gay opened my eyes to the world around me. Learning that not every gay person had it as good as I did helped me realize that a lot of people in general didn’t have it as good as I did. I wouldn’t be a politically engaged human being, let alone an activist, writer and TV personality, if I weren’t gay.
    So what she's saying here is that she's really a worthless, heartless, cold piece of $#@! who was saved by the grace of her god, "lesbianism". Why not just tattoo "Whore Loser" on your forehead, my dear?

When my daughter plays house with her stuffed koala bears as the mom and dad, we gently remind her that they could be a dad and dad. Sometimes she changes her narrative. Sometimes she doesn’t. It’s her choice.
    Her choice, my ass. Were it her choice, you'd shut your $#@! and just let her be a child. When I see $#@! like this, I understand why some people want to see CPS interventions. I have to admit that a part of me would like to see that child taken from this dumb$#@!, who might do well with a couple of years in a cage for abusing a child. But I resist it, so nothing to see here.

Sorry, but I just have no patience for such hopeless stupidity.

All I ultimately care about is that she has the choice and that whatever choice she makes is enthusiastically embraced and celebrated.
    Yeah, OK. You so apparently have no interest in her choice, save that she choose the dyke life. Pardon me, but $#@! you and strap-on you rode into the room.

Time will tell, but so far, it doesn’t look like my 6-year-old daughter is gay.
    And I hope she grows up to disappoint you bitterly because idiocy like yours merits nothing less than lifelong frustration. It's the price you pay for your choice to think as an idiot.

In fact, she’s boy crazy.
    Oh please... Oh PLEASE... Please God, please.

I’m a slightly overbearing pro-gay gay mom.
    One time owner/operator of the Bates Motel, no less.

But I’m going to support my daughter, whatever choices she makes.
    Sure you will... pulling faces left and right in your passive-aggressive attempt to drive your apparently straight daughter into the arms of a he-man dyke-a-asaurus who brags of a penis larger than that of any man.

Told you it would be a tirade.

They never listen.
    Last edited by osan; 02-24-2015 at 12:07 PM. Reason: typos
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I hope she's bi.
    Hope springs eternal, I see.

Pervert.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    This should be the right approach on this, there needs to be a man and a woman to make babies.

Notice how tentative, how noncommittal his tone and mannerisms are as he tries to weasel-word his way through his response.

Bet that had his backside twitching a mile per second.

Obama: America's first sub-human president.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    What about the daughter's dad, what happened to him?

Gay used to be a nice innocent word. Anyway, I hope that poor girl grows up, marries a nice young man and has a wonderful life.
    And comes to recognize her "mother" as ma-Bates.

And you are correct, my sense of charity is broken today. Feeling meaner 'n Sally Kohn. That's saying a lot, judging by the OP.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Bible condemns a lot of stuff, but for some reason gays seem to get the brunt of the collective bible thumping
    That's not the Bible's fault or even Christianity's fault. It's not our fault that gays marched into the public square and announced "We're here, we're *****, get used to it!" The reason it's so hotly debated is because they made it a hot topic by celebrating every "first gay person" in whatever by making a big scene on national television and then, ironically, stating they just want to be left alone.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    It's not only a far more manageable list, but a far more revealing study, to figure out who isn't being persecuted these days.

Actually, there are. Every Memorial Day.
    My point stands regardless. Who's being persecuted more than anyone else?

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    At first I thought that was a good point, but then I think of all of this war propaganda and realize that there may be more kill parades than homosexual parades. This country is doomed because a false, state-subservient, pseudo-christianity is now the mainstream.
    Real Christians would thump those, too, but you see how powerful propaganda is. Interestingly, there seems to be just as much gay propaganda as there is war propaganda. "***** Eye for the Straight Guy", anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    And your observations may be right. They may be wrong. Neither of us have anyway to prove that. And I'm glad that you appear to also give other the same consideration in having a different opinion from you on whether or not sexual orientation is ever or always genetic or predetermined in some form or fashion. Some people, on this very forum, are not so considerate. It's the political agenda of the discussion that bothers me more than anything else. It's like man made global warming. I had a near argument with a friend who admittedly knows less about the subject than I do. (She really didn't know until I told her some months ago that CO2 was the main supposed greenhouse gas.) Oh but she was hoping my new girlfriend could "convince me" about global warming, even though she didn't know what this new girlfriend's beliefs on that were since we hadn't even talked about that. Why can't everybody just drop political crap when talking about questions of science?
    I would guess that it's because science is so political in the US at this time. Most of it is state-funded and an awful lot of it is created or manipulated to force discussion about policy one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I would guess that it's because science is so political in the US at this time. Most of it is state-funded and an awful lot of it is created or manipulated to force discussion about policy one way or another.
    Exactly! Science is used as a political weapon! Which floors me why we sometimes have such virulent arguments between people who basically agree on the policy. On gay marriage I think most of us agree with the ideal that the government shouldn't be involved in marriage. What difference does it make then if the people who want an alternative marriage have an alternative preference because of genetics or because of choice?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123