Thread: The Producers of Naked and Afraid are seeking Families who want to live OFF THE GRID in ALASKA

The Producers of Naked and Afraid are seeking Families who want to live OFF THE GRID in ALASKA

Sounds fun but Alaska??? If I do something like that it seems like it would be so much easier in a warmer, less hostile climate.

The Producers of Naked and Afraid are seeking Families who want to live OFF THE GRID in ALASKA!

NOW CASTING: The Producers of Naked and Afraid are seeking Families who want to live OFF THE GRID in ALASKA!

A Major Network with the Producers of Naked and Afraid are looking for families with 2+ kids (ideally ages 2-18) who want a more authentic lifestyle where there's actual value in your work and family time is more than just 15 minutes in the car on the way to school.

Should you be chosen for the show, you and your family will move to Alaska for 3 months (as of now, August-November) and live with a family who's been off the grid for 9 years. During that time their family will teach your family how to: hunt, trap, clean, fish, forage, build a house, purify water, build & maintain a garden, etc. And should you do all this successfully - you will be given 10 acres of land!

We definitely want people who are looking for a LIFE CHANGE and not just a fun 3 month vacation. The end goal is that the family will want to permanently live on the 10 acres.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I would sign Danke up , but he might be pissed when he finds out after he kicks ass all he gets is 10 acres of perma frost.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    I would sign Danke up , but he might be pissed when he finds out after he kicks ass all he gets is 10 acres of perma frost.LOL
    Naked and Afraid sounds like date night for Danke.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    If he would do this it would be great .I could fly in during summer , have someplace to safely fish with no license , just thought of it warms my old heart up .

Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    If he would do this it would be great .I could fly in during summer , have someplace to safely fish with no license , just thought of it warms my old heart up .
    Yes, but I m not about to trust a TV camera crew to tell the story properly. If I did it, I'd want the "For Liberty" team filming it, not a bunch of liberal idiots looking to beclown some introvert.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Yes, but I m not about to trust a TV camera crew to tell the story properly. If I did it, I'd want the "For Liberty" team filming it, not a bunch of liberal idiots looking to beclown some introvert.
    For you, I don't think the "introvert" part would be the damaging part....
    I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Too cold.
    Yeah.. no way..

Anyone know where in Alaska this is supposed to take place? If it's down south along the coast (Anchorage, Seward, Valdez, etc) the climate isn't actually too bad. Decent growing season, good soil, lots of timber. Same thing down along the panhandle (Haines, Juneau, Sitka) but there's a LOT of precipitation. You would have to be someone who really likes rain if you go to the panhandle.

But up around Anchorage? Decent climate. And you can always grow some whoppin' big-ass cabbage!

Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

The catch here is not being told exactly where those 10 acres are.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Quote Originally Posted by invisible View Post
    The catch here is not being told exactly where those 10 acres are.
    Ya , you know they are gonna be crap .

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Too cold.
    Anchorage was about 40 degrees better than I , when I last looked. must be global warming , LOL

Should you be chosen for the show, you and your family will move to Alaska for 3 months (as of now, August-November) and live with a family who's been off the grid for 9 years. During that time their family will teach your family how to: hunt, trap, clean, fish, forage, build a house, purify water, build & maintain a garden, etc. And should you do all this successfully - you will be given 10 acres of land!
    I can see some serious issues with that...
    "I am a bird"

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    lol it's probably just going to be a bunch of drama and brightly colored obstacle courses.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Hmmmmm, 10 acres in Alaska. WOW!!!!!! that's like $1K in fed notes! Nah, I like civilisation too much. BTW, even the experienced folks who live in Alaska 'off the grid' would suffer 90% mortality within five years were their link to industrial civilisation to be severed.

N&A though is a real eye opener for lots of folks as to just how brutal back to Nature really would be. By my count had their situation been REAL over half (minimum) of the contestants?? would be dead by day 40. And these are people with a strong wilderness survival skill set in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by paleocon1 View Post

N&A though is a real eye opener for lots of folks as to just how brutal back to Nature really would be. By my count had their situation been REAL over half (minimum) of the contestants?? would be dead by day 40. And these are people with a strong wilderness survival skill set in most cases.
    Meh,, by your standards I would not have survived to start Kindergarten.

My ancestors settled the wilderness. I am at home in it.

But they are looking for families. The more inept the better. Makes for a better "reality" show.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom