View Poll Results: Do you know if Obama is a Christian and loves America?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • I know Obama is a Christian

1 12.50%
  • I don't know if Obama is a Christian

3 37.50%
  • I know Obama loves America

2 25.00%
  • I don't know if Obama loves America

2 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you know if Obama is a Christian and loves America?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Context to the context:

Walker again declined Saturday to weigh in on Giuliani’s characterization of the president’s patriotism and background.
    “I don’t know, I honestly don’t know, one way or the other,” Walker said. “I’ve said that 100 times, too.”
    Poll was from 2010 and said 46% of REPUBLICANS thought he might be Muslim. In a 2012 poll, 17% of all voters thought he might be Muslim. 34% of Republicans did. 49% of all voters said Christian. http://www.pewforum.org/2012/07/26/2...amas-religion/ (Christian is the correct answer).

Should a President wear his religion on his sleeve and promote it to the country or should it be a private matter? Do Ron Paul or Rand Paul preach Christianity? If they become president should they? Is the problem that he does not talk about it enough? Maybe a "Sunday Sermon" by the president each week- like FDR's Fireside Chats but on religion? Should we have a national religion or respect a separation between Church and state?

Personally, I choose candidates based on policy- not what religion they might be.

People should be free to choose and practice whatever religion they want including presidents. I also believe it is wrong to hate anybody because of their religion. Too many wars have been fought and too many have died for that reason. Tolerance and acceptance.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-22-2015 at 02:41 PM.

Last edited by CPUd; 02-22-2015 at 02:13 PM.

Oops, this was intended to be a multiple choice poll and now does not seem to be editable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Context to the context:

Poll was from 2010 and said 46% of REPUBLICANS thought he might be Muslim.

Should a President wear his religion on his sleeve and promote it to the country or should it be a private matter?

Not sure if should on his sleeve, but he certainly would not wear on his head.

White House cancels Obama trip to Sikh temple over Muslim rumor concerns

By Brett Michael Dykes October 20, 2010 3:27 PM

President Barack Obama recently called off plans to stop at the Sikh Golden Temple at Amritsar when he visits India early next month. And the reason reportedly has nothing to do with substantive matters such as the nature of the faith enshrined in the facility, or the state of India's multi-religious mass democracy.
    No, the determining factor, apparently, is the dread of White House advisers that photos would spread virally of Obama in an eastern land wearing the head covering required of all visitors to the Golden Temple.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/w...mple-over.html

When useful politically to win primaries in some Christian minded states, he can wear it on his sleeve too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=867mR2ZusBw

Faith is important to Americans it appears.

That said, Giuliani was pretty reckless when he opened the pandora box by suggesting that swc was a communist.

Context to the context:

Poll was from 2010 and said 46% of REPUBLICANS thought he might be Muslim. In a 2012 poll, 17% of all voters thought he might be Muslim. 34% of Republicans did. 49% of all voters said Christian. http://www.pewforum.org/2012/07/26/2...amas-religion/ (Christian is the correct answer).

Should a President wear his religion on his sleeve and promote it to the country or should it be a private matter? Do Ron Paul or Rand Paul preach Christianity? If they become president should they? Is the problem that he does not talk about it enough? Maybe a "Sunday Sermon" by the president each week- like FDR's Fireside Chats but on religion? Should we have a national religion or respect a separation between Church and state?

Personally, I choose candidates based on policy- not what religion they might be.

People should be free to choose and practice whatever religion they want including presidents. I also believe it is wrong to hate anybody because of their religion. Too many wars have been fought and too many have died for that reason. Tolerance and acceptance.

It's not about tolerance or acceptance. I believe in total freedom AND I advocate intolerance. Christians should be intolerant of sin and sinful lifestyles.

Tolerance and acceptance is just another buzzword for statists. I believe in freedom AND intolerance, which is libertarianism.

"Hate the sin. Love the sinner." http://www.catholic.com/quickquestio...r-hate-the-sin

Libertarianism is about freedoms. If you are intolerant, you would deny freedoms for others you want for yourself.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 02-22-2015 at 02:50 PM.

"Hate the sin. Love the sinner." http://www.catholic.com/quickquestio...r-hate-the-sin

Libertarianism is about freedoms. If you are intolerant, you would deny freedoms for others you want for yourself.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone".
    Scope of the above question was intended to be America, American attitudes, Christian Faith & American Politics and not "libertarians views on religion".

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Given that the question is posited on a Libertarian forum, the responces will likely be from Libertarians. But should Faith be a part of American Politics or should it be left to the individuals? If so- which Faith? Who decides that?

Faith is important but it should not be imposed on others who may not share the same one.

Obama doesn't love anyone or anything. He is a textbook malignant Narcissist and that's not how their sick brains roll. And much like the hypocritical and projecting neo-Trots accusing him of not loving America, this country is merely a means to an end for him.

I've always assumed he was your typical prog atheist. The state is his god.

As you may or may not be aware, Zippy, libertarians do not share a hive mind.

Ron has no problem invoking the Golden Rule when discussing war, and at one point both he and Jesus were booed by South Carolina's teaocon warmongers for it. Neither does he believe prayer in school should be prohibited. He also believes marriage is a sacrament and that the govt has no business being involved in it. I can go on, but most of his supporters know these things about him since, you know, many of us have read his books and actually listen to and absorb the things he says.

(Also, most Ron Paul supporters don't only invoke him to throw him in members' faces, and then follow it up with OTT BS "questions," but then you're not supporter, or a libertarian, or even a conservative or Republican, contrary to some fools' fantasies about you.)
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

What does any of that have to do with the oath that he took? He should be jailed as far as I'm concerned.

I could care less what religion he follows or whether "he loves America."
    Last edited by AuH20; 02-22-2015 at 04:54 PM.

Obama Sounds Like a Secular Humanist Here

"Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Obama believes there are multiple paths to heaven...nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    Yep... unfortunately too many Christians today would agree with him... They have no clue what the Bible really teaches...
    Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Obama believes there are multiple paths to heaven...nuff said.
    Yep, and so did George W. Bush.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Given that the question is posited on a Libertarian forum, the responces will likely be from Libertarians. But should Faith be a part of American Politics or should it be left to the individuals? If so- which Faith? Who decides that?

Faith is important but it should not be imposed on others who may not share the same one.
    Voters decide that and good argument.

If Faith is important then logically a question about Faith of a President would also be important then.

I don't know what religion Obama is or if he loves America. Same with other politicians.
    Stop believing stupid things

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't know and I don't really care. I judge him on his actions not on what what he says he believes in (and whether or not I believe him).

Based on his actions barry Loathes both Christianity and America.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    What does any of that have to do with the oath that he took? He should be jailed as far as I'm concerned.

+rep//THREAD

I wonder what his favorite color is?
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Dang straight!!! I could care less if he's a Muslim. He probably should "love" America though.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post

How about this. I do not "Know" if he is a Christian or loves America.

But. Actions speak louder than words.

Christian's don't start 4 wars and kill thousands of people if they really believe the teachings of Christ.

Therefore, the probability of Obama representing either is slim.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

I don't know whether any of the presidents or candidates are/were Christians, nor does that matter to me (does the Constitution say Christianity is a requirement to hold the office?) << rhetorical question. I already know it does not.

I also do not know if any modern day presidents really love America as much as they love the power the office of POTUS gives them.

The only one who can speak for what is in a man's heart is that man himself. The trust factor on these people is close to zero for me on issues that matter.
    Last edited by cajuncocoa; 02-23-2015 at 10:36 AM.

I don't know or care if he is a Christian. I do know he loves 'Murica. I would too if I could get cut in on trillions of dollars of ill gotten money passing through my hands.

I don't know and and have not seen anything to convince me one way or the other.

He says he is and does, but has not exactly been truthful.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I don't give a $#@! about his religion, I also think the idea of a "true Christian/Jew/Muslim/whatever" is an absurd notion.

It's quite clear he doesn't love America, but not for the reasons someone like me doesn't love this country. As Hoppe so thoroughly illustrated, people who succeed through democratic processes tend to be looters who use patriotism for a cover. He's also very obviously one of those proglodytes who opines on how much better America would be if it became like Western Europe.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    I don't know whether any of the presidents or candidates are/were Christians, nor does that matter to me (does the Constitution say Christianity is a requirement to hold the office?) << rhetorical question. I already know it does not.

I also do not know if any modern day presidents really love America as much as they love the power the office of POTUS gives them.

The only one who can speak for what is in a man's heart is that man himself. The trust factor on these people is close to zero for me on issues that matter.
    You know what? I think a year ago I would have agreed with you that it didn't matter. But the more I study and the more I think about it, the more I think it does matter. American law is arbitrary precisely because it has no objective standard on which to be based. Allowing only Biblical arguments (which doesn't necessarily mean exclusively OT law) to be used to determine public policy and limiting politicians to those who believe in that standard would lead to a far less arbitrary and more moral government, because there would be an objective standard by which to appeal to. As it is we have no objective standard for anything. Mind, I don't want to impose that (or anything else) on an entire country. Radical localism would fix a lot of problems, so people who want to live under arbitrary rule, or other internally objective systems of rule, or even no rule at all (anarchism of whatever sort) could do that in their own communities.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Where's the "I don't really care" option?
    Radical in the sense of being in total, root-and-branch opposition to the existing political system and to the State itself. Radical in the sense of having integrated intellectual opposition to the State with a gut hatred of its pervasive and organized system of crime and injustice. Radical in the sense of a deep commitment to the spirit of liberty and anti-statism that integrates reason and emotion, heart and soul. - M. Rothbard

Quote Originally Posted by Cabal View Post
    Where's the "I don't really care" option?
    An option like "I'm a Republican but don't care if Obama is a Moslem, Jew, Communist Athiest or whatever" would have brought more insight to this predominantly conservative dynamic in US politics.

But vast majority of Republicans and even Americans seem to have passionate interest in belief system of the President. Even SWC himself seems to care much about it going by past news and does not want to be seen as "serect moslem".

White House cancels Obama trip to Sikh temple over Muslim rumor concerns
    October 20, 2010 3:27 PM
    No, the determining factor, apparently, is the dread of White House advisers that photos would spread virally of Obama in an eastern land wearing the head covering required of all visitors to the Golden Temple.
    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/w...mple-over.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=867mR2ZusBw

Poll: 46% of GOP thinks Obama's Muslim

GOP Gov Candidate Fretted About Anti-Semitic Attacks Shortly Before Committing Suicide
    by Tina Nguyen | 8:59 am, February 27th, 2015

A leading GOP candidate in the upcoming Missouri governor’s election was found dead in his home Thursday morning from an apparent suicide, and according to a regional paper, he claimed he’d been dogged by anti-Semitic remarks shortly before his death.
    Tom Schweich, Missouri’s Republican state auditor, allegedly shot himself in the head less than a month after the election cycle began. Minutes before his death, however, he’d requested an interview with the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, and according to the paper’s editorial page director Tony Messenger, he’d wanted to talk about rumors — started, he believed, by Missouri GOP chairman John Hancock — claiming he was secretly Jewish:

In several conversations via text and phone in the days leading up to Thursday morning, Schweich told Messenger that Hancock mentioned to people in passing that Schweich was Jewish. Schweich wasn’t Jewish. He was a member of the Church of St. Michael & St. George, an Episcopal congregation in Clayton.

Schweich told Messenger he believed the mentions of his faith heritage were intended to harm him politically in a gubernatorial primary in which many Republican voters are evangelical Christians. He said his grandfather was Jewish, and that he was “very proud of his connection to the Jewish faith.”
    “He said his grandfather taught him to never allow any anti-Semitism go unpunished, no matter how slight,” Messenger said in a written statement.
    Schweich told Messenger that he attempted to ask Sen. Roy Blunt to intervene but was unable to speak with him. Schweich said he had lunch with Blunt’s son, lobbyist Andy Blunt, according to Messenger’s account.

Hancock told reporters that while he may have mistakenly thought Schweich was Jewish at one point, he “certainly would not have said it in a derogatory manner.”

http://www.mediaite.com/online/gop-g...tting-suicide/

Jew vs. Hidden Jew: Macaca-man George Allen Eyes Va. Run

“I was raised as a Christian, and my mother was raised as a Christian,” said Allen, who is locked in an unexpectedly close race with Democrat James Webb. “And I embrace and take great pride in every aspect of my diverse heritage, including my Lumbroso family line’s Jewish heritage, which I learned about from a recent magazine article and my mother confirmed.” Later in the day, Allen’s campaign manager, Dick Wadhams, identified the article as a story by E.J. Kessler that appeared in the Forward last month. According to Wadhams, after reading the article the senator decided to ask his mother about her Jewish roots.
    He didn’t explain why calling someone Jewish might be considered casting an aspersion.

Allen started the 2006 race in the spring as a hugely popular incumbent, a shoo-in for reelection and in fact a leading contender for the 2008 GOP presidential nomination until this happened. Now Wikipedia includes him on its list of Jewish former senators.

http://blogs.forward.com/jj-goldberg/131994/jew-vs-hidden-jew-macaca-man-george-allen-eyes-va/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast