Thread: DC Student Suspended for Truancy

DC Student Suspended for Truancy

Maybe not a big headline, but this is a straight "A" student. She had more than the ten allowed absences from her school in DC. Where was she? Performing at prestigious world piano competitions. A child prodigy. The school since wants her back.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5790020.html

Avery Gagliano is a piano prodigy who has played worldwide and managed to maintain straight A's in school. But according to reports from the Washington Post, she's also run afoul of some elements within the Washington, D.C. public school system. Her offense: She missed school to go abroad for piano competitions.

As a result, she is now, as of this writing, a former public school student (though the Post column triggered the head of the schools to say publicly she is welcome back). A DCPS spokesperson referred HuffPost to this statement.

She is 13 now but this video is from when she was just ten.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

The solution is obviously more funding for public schools.

DC Student Suspended for Truancy
    Well that'll learn her, durn her!

The sentencing commission has decreed 36 months of SSRI "treatment" and compulsory classroom attendance...

why wasn't SWAT called?...

I always made good use of my suspensions .

If the parents are half as smart as their kid, they should tell the school system to go f*ck itself and then put their daughter in a decent private academy or home school her themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by KCIndy View Post
    If the parents are half as smart as their kid, they should tell the school system to go f*ck itself and then put their daughter in a decent private academy or home school her themselves.
    This.

loveshiscountry

So she misses school, which the PTB say is a bad thing, and the way to solve this is to make her miss more school? On what planet does this make sense?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Kicked out of government school for not attending government school. Is this a great country or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Kicked out of government school for not attending government school. Is this a great country or what?
    Just think of all the government workers who are "employed" to deal with such matters....

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Just think of all the government workers who are "employed" to deal with such matters....
    I would but it often tends to make me feel really light headed and very angry.

The child still lives? Heads will roll for this!
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The child still lives? Heads will roll for this!
    You mean "This child hasn't been snatched from her parents and put in a foster home where she can end up at a Bill Clinton sex party?"
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.