Thread: Bill O’Reilly’s war lies exposed: How the cable news bloviator exaggerated his “war zone” exp.

Bill O’Reilly’s war lies exposed: How the cable news bloviator exaggerated his “war zone” exp.

Last edited by specsaregood; 05-17-2016 at 10:40 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well he has a scandalous past (phone sexcapades with producer)...probably one of the reasons he immediately came to Brian Williams' defense.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

We're starting to see a lot of malfeasance across the mainstream board being put under the lens by alternative sources lately. CNN, FOX, MSNBC soon enough.

I was just getting ready to post a similar piece but then I saw this thread.

May as well share it anyhow. If for nothing else comparison... Fox News' Bill O'Reilly under fire over ‘combat zone tales’ accusations

Just after Bill O’Reilly excoriated NBC’s Brian Williams for fabricating his experiences during the US invasion of Iraq in 2003, O'Reilly is now on the defensive himself after a publication questioned his claims of reporting during the Falklands war.

Partisan bickering can be good for something, I suppose!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

I have no problem with the media fact checking their own but it is bizarre to see them go after O'Reilly and Williams yet leave the obvious ones like Sharpton alone.
    * See my visitor message area for caveats related to my posting history here.
    * Also, I have effectively retired from all social media including posting here and are basically opting out of anything to do with national politics or this country on federal or state level and rather focusing locally. I may stop by from time to time to discuss philosophy on a general level related to Libertarian schools of thought and application in the real world.

I would so love to see him off the air and shown for the POS he is.

doesn't matter. he would not be replaced with Stossel, or Judge Nap. it's a neo-con network, with a few libertarians

Quote Originally Posted by morfeeis View Post
    I would so love to see him off the air and shown for the POS he is.
    If they take him off the air, they will just replace him with some just like him. It isnt the Puppets we need to get rid of. I'd say a better solution is to shut down Fox News. Of course, they are doing a very good job of this themselves. Propogating their way right into obsolescence.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Ex-CBS reporter says his former colleague Bill O'Reilly DID lie about his coverage of the Falklands and was 'SENT HOME for being disruptive'

By Wills Robinson

A former CBS reporter has launched a damning attack on claims Bill O'Reilly made about his on-the-ground reporting during the Falklands War just hours after the Fox News host vehemently defended the allegations.

Eric Engberg, who covered the conflict from Buenos Aires for CBS alongside the veteran broadcaster in 1982, posted a lengthy message on Facebook questioning several of the statements made on the O'Reilly Factor on Friday night.

O'Reilly, 65, blasted the left-leaning publication Mother Jones and called journalist David Corn 'an irresponsible guttersnipe' and a 'liar' operating on 'the bottom rung of journalism in America'.

Engberg however insists O'Reilly behaved unprofessionally and has accused him of lying about being the only reporter on the streets during a riot.

He also claims O'Reilly was ordered out of Argentina by CBS bosses for being a 'disruptive force'.

The 27-year CBS employee said the area was more an 'expense account zone' than 'war zone', as the actual conflict was occurring thousands of miles away.

During a 2009 interview, O'Reilly told a Hamptons TV station he was the only CBS journalist brave enough to cover a protest in Buenos Aires. He said: 'I was out there pretty much by myself because the other CBS news correspondents were hiding in the hotel.'

Engberg slates this as an 'absolute lie', saying the entire crew was out that evening 'exhibiting their usual courage.'

In a 2004 column, O'Reilly said: 'Having survived a combat situation in Argentina during the Falklands war, I know that life-and-death decisions are made in a flash.'

Engberg also claims that during a late-night recap of the Argentina story, CBS bureau Larry Doyle chief told O'Reilly his senior colleague Bob Schieffer would be doing the segment instead.

Allegedly, he exploded, saying: 'I didn't come down here to have my footage used by that old man.'

The next day, he says O'Reilly was sent home.

Continued...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Last edited by specsaregood; 05-17-2016 at 10:42 AM.

Banned

Blog Entries
    Bill O'Reilly has always been nothing more than a tabloid entertainer.

Billy O is a walking contradiction. On one hand he calls himself an "opinion guy" yet on the other hand he uses the language and style of a "hard news" program. Pretty standard $#@! for Faux Noise and MSM generally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12