Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Walter Jones to face tough RINO challenge in 2016

Supporting Member
    Florida

Blog Entries
    Ah, so this is the plant coming after Walter. This should be fun.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    Paleocons historically have been populist leaning. They often support minimal economic intervention or welfare. Regardless, Ron Paul has had some $#@!ty ass votes and he's still considered our Thomas Jefferson.
    I certainly hope Jones wins this race, regardless of my reservations about his voting record in the past. Right now we really only have about five non interventionists in the house.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    I certainly hope Jones wins this race, regardless of my reservations about his voting record in the past. Right now we really only have about five non interventionists in the house.
    Are there any non-interventionist Democrats?
    Stop believing stupid things

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Hey Traditional Conservative, what are your reservations about Jones' voting record? What votes are you concerned about?

Why did you change your rpf id? You used to be known on RPF as Traditional Conservative, right?
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by jeffro97 View Post
    Ah, so this is the plant coming after Walter. This should be fun.
    Let's beat back his opposition every election until they grow weary and give up forever.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Let's beat back his opposition every election until they grow weary and give up forever.
    Or Jones can also lend a hand by having money from other sources brought to his defense since burning bridges will leave him with close to empty wallets. Not saying he should just fall in line, but even he had to know this would hurt his fundraising, especially given the close race in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    Or Jones can also lend a hand by having money from other sources brought to his defense since burning bridges will leave him with close to empty wallets. Not saying he should just fall in line, but even he had to know this would hurt his fundraising, especially given the close race in 2014.
    We saw how that worked out for Bentivolio. People like Amash who fight with principle get enough support from conservative and liberty groups to keep them in Washington. If Amash had went the Bentivolio rout he probably would have lost as well. Instead, groups like Club for Growth helped him out.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12