Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tax day moneybomb

Tax day moneybomb

who's up for the first moneybomb of the campaign to be held April 15th?

Right now that gives us 7 weeks or so to organize and promote it. Rand should have announced by then and there will be tremendous energy/excitement.

What we need is someone to create a facebook event and for us to get pledges. Let me know if you think this is a good idea!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty View Post
    woot
    Does that mean you approve?

We really need someone with a fedbook account to get us going

Enough time for Rand to get some donations to his own campaign and then as media tries to start talking about others, a Rand money bomb comes live...sounds good to me.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

L E T S
    D O
    T H I S !
    No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and Virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders. -Samuel Adams

I think a kickstarter page for this moneybomb will give people another donation outlet and another venue to make it known. Any thoughts?

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    What we need is someone to create a facebook event and for us to get pledges. Let me know if you think this is a good idea!
    Got it: https://www.facebook.com/events/876520649074671/

I'm in for 4/15.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I'm not against it but does anyone else think that "tax day" money bomb doesn't sound urgent enough? Just throwing it out there.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    I'm not against it but does anyone else think that "tax day" money bomb doesn't sound urgent enough? Just throwing it out there.
    Understood - the floor is always open for ideas...

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Agree, personally not sure about a "tax day" theme, although perhaps it could be done right, just not sure. Like they teach about identifying voter interests and then focusing on that, I think a better theme would be to identify what issues would motivate supporters or potential supporters right now via current events, ideally something that outrages or invokes an emotional response. Perhaps the militarization of the police, foreign policy, privacy, dissatisfaction with government, mistrust of the media, etc., may be better topics.
    Last edited by orenbus; 02-19-2015 at 09:11 PM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    Agree, personally not sure about a "tax day" theme, although perhaps it could be done right, just not sure. Like they teach about identifying voter interests and then focusing on that, I think a better theme would be to identify what issues would motivate supporters or potential supporters right now via current events, ideally something that outrages or invokes an emotional response. Perhaps the militarization of the police, foreign policy, privacy, dissatisfaction with government, mistrust of the media, etc., may be better topics.
    Exactly....give the potential donor a reason to say "Yea...Fk that, I'm donating!"

Things that get people riled up, the opposition (dems/Hillary), and major current event issues.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Exactly....give the potential donor a reason to say "Yea...Fk that, I'm donating!"

Things that get people riled up, the opposition (dems/Hillary), and major current event issues.
    Hitting Hillary in a money bomb theme might inspire the average republican to donate. Not sure how to pull that off though.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    Hitting Hillary in a money bomb theme might inspire the average republican to donate. Not sure how to pull that off though.
    Now there is an idea...

another thought, the 4/15/2009 was called the Tax Day Tea Party and was the biggest multi-city tea party event of that movement.... Another 4/15 event could draw them in.

The 4/15 date is good for a few reasons, the name could be adjusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    Yea Hillary would be a hot button topic for rank and file Republicans, Benghazi for example, and in general the mismanagement of protecting Americans overseas by this administration such as recently what happened in Yemen.

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Yea Hillary would be a hot button topic for rank and file Republicans, Benghazi for example, and in general the mismanagement of protecting Americans overseas by this administration such as recently what happened in Yemen.

Rand has been sending signals to everybody by with all of the links to Hillary. When people associate him with Hillary, he becomes the default temporary nominee against Hillary before any of this even begins.

Maybe this event could be called the Rand Paul vs Hillary 2016 Moneybomb...or Rand v Hillary : Justice for Benghazi.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    thanks Bryan. now we need to promote it. imagine the excitement as Rand is announcing April 7th according to reports

Enough time for Rand to get some donations to his own campaign and then as media tries to start talking about others, a Rand money bomb comes live...sounds good to me.
    Yup, perfect timing.

Seconded. It's a good date for a moneybomb but not such a good theme.

Perhaps we could develop a theme around one of the pieces of legislation that Rand's going to be introducing.

Audit the Fed?

Or, Rand mentioned that he'd be introducing a tax reform plan sometime in the spring, that'd be apropos.

P.S. Re the Fed, we could talk about the "stealth tax." Put up a graph of the CPI since the bank bailouts and say "Everyone hates income tax, but do you know you've been paying a stealth tax to the Fed?" ....Or something to that effect
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 02-20-2015 at 07:20 PM.

I did several videos for the money bombs last election, and am interested in doing so again. Once we settle on a theme, feel free to PM me with what you think are the best Rand video soundbites that I can integrate into the video.

Well this sucks, everybody wants to debate about whether Rand should run or how successful will be but like always there is a lack in action, another repeat of 07 and 12. Boy I'm getting pessimistic early this cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaPolitico View Post
    I did several videos for the money bombs last election, and am interested in doing so again. Once we settle on a theme, feel free to PM me with what you think are the best Rand video soundbites that I can integrate into the video.
    If it helps I also have asked a fellow supporter who does videos who can help make vids.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

So to revive the "theme idea"

Maybe someone could help list some pros and cons of having a Hillary themed money bomb. I mentioned Rand Paul vs Hillary 2016 Moneybomb...or Rand v Hillary : Justice for Benghazi.

Pros:
    - MSM will talk about the money bomb, especially if we raise north of a million
    - It will put Rand in every conversation about Hillary running for president, making him default top tier over Bush.
    - It will bring more favor with Republicans, 1) for being pitted against Hillary, 2) for Benghazi
    - Helps Rand's goal of associating himself with Hillary (valentines card, constant pressure on Benghazi, and others)

Cons
    - Sharing the media stage with another name
    - ??
    THE SQUAD of RPF

So to revive the "theme idea"

Maybe someone could help list some pros and cons of having a Hillary themed money bomb. I mentioned Rand Paul vs Hillary 2016 Moneybomb...or Rand v Hillary : Justice for Benghazi.

Pros:
    - MSM will talk about the money bomb, especially if we raise north of a million
    - It will put Rand in every conversation about Hillary running for president, making him default top tier over Bush.
    - It will bring more favor with Republicans, 1) for being pitted against Hillary, 2) for Benghazi
    - Helps Rand's goal of associating himself with Hillary (valentines card, constant pressure on Benghazi, and others)

Cons
    - Sharing the media stage with another name
    - ??
    That kind of theme appeals more to your average GOPer than to liberty movement people, and while we do want to expand our reach, I think it might be a bit risky trying that so early in the process (when only the hardest of hardcore Paulites are going to be paying much attention). Start with something near and dear to liberty movement hearts (Fed, NSA, etc) and then make the topics more mainstream as the months pass (i.e. as more people are tuning in to the race).

Well this sucks, everybody wants to debate about whether Rand should run or how successful will be but like always there is a lack in action, another repeat of 07 and 12.
    This will always be the case, it is one of the challenges that is baked into running a successful MB. I forgot to mention that in the other thread on lessons learned, both early on in the cycle and late game, having people be motivated to get involved in specific constructive activities beyond just posting on message boards, and getting entertainment from criticism or opinions of their own or others, is challenging and frustrating for those individuals looking to organize and directly work on specific steps to certain goals. Even though a successful MB requires the direct involvement of hundreds or thousands, the event does not become successful without the persistent initial group that starts it off which many times can be counted on one or two hands.

The key is to have drive-by activists get engaged and be self directed through the idea of challenge mastery and making a contribution to a transcendent purpose motive, of course this is easier said than done and the interest has to be sincere (which ties into choosing the right theme), but not impossible as has been proven. It does however require the initial spark of core individuals that will be self motivating and not give up even in the face of not seeing much feedback, lack of peer contribution, or progress at times from fellow supporters that may even have the same outlook on end results, but perhaps not the willingness initially or throughout. It does at times feel like you are talking to a wall as opposed to someone that shares your values and ideas. A book could be written on this subject and it probably has somewhere, but it's not unique to these specific situations. I would be of the opinion that it's part of human nature and that the best way to approach this is to accept it and find solutions to it that becomes part of the larger challenge.

TLDR: Answer is in my sig.
    Last edited by orenbus; 02-21-2015 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    That kind of theme appeals more to your average GOPer than to liberty movement people, and while we do want to expand our reach, I think it might be a bit risky trying that so early in the process (when only the hardest of hardcore Paulites are going to be paying much attention). Start with something near and dear to liberty movement hearts (Fed, NSA, etc) and then make the topics more mainstream as the months pass (i.e. as more people are tuning in to the race).
    A part of me agrees with this, not sure about the Fed though.

Perhaps the question that should be asked is what in Rand Paul's positions inspires or what current events and how they are being addressed angers?

It's important to look back at previous MB and see why they were successful. Of course Ron Paul being the major ingredient isn't something that can be incorporated (maybe?), but there are elements to previous MBs that can.
    Last edited by orenbus; 02-21-2015 at 05:33 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is why I think Black This Out was such a success. It got people pissed and wanting to do something about it.

Who are people that will potentially donate?
    What are the words that trigger strongest emotional (positive or negative) reaction in most of those potential donors?

"Save our soldiers"
    "Save America"
    "For Liberty"
    "U.S.A"
    "Barrex for Supreme Leader"

There should be deadline for this decision (and any other)... Tempus fugit irreparabile. Leave enough time for execution and promotion.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

A part of me agrees with this, not sure about the Fed though.

Perhaps the question that should be asked is what in Rand Paul's positions inspires or what current events and how they are being addressed angers?
    I'm not married to a Fed-related theme, that was just an example of something that's more of a libertarian topic than a general Republican topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post
    There should be deadline for this decision (and any other)... Tempus fugit irreparabile. Leave enough time for execution and promotion.
    Agreed. In the past here at RPF (before my time here so correct me if I'm wrong), there were polls held to crystallize the final decision, no?

Perhaps that should be scheduled, to give this discussion more urgency.

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    I'm not married to a Fed-related theme, that was just an example of something that's more of a libertarian topic than a general Republican topic.

Agreed. In the past here at RPF (before my time here so correct me if I'm wrong), there were polls held to crystallize the final decision, no?

Perhaps that should be scheduled, to give this discussion more urgency.
    Agreed but lets get some better ideas before we go swinging too hard.

Anybody have any ideas to share???

I got one....Ron Paul endorses Rand Paul money bomb, that'll get the attention of a lot of liberty people, if indeed that was our goal. But again, I lean more to the side of opening up the money bomb to a wider audience, just like Rand has done with his message.
    THE SQUAD of RPF

Agreed but lets get some better ideas before we go swinging too hard.

Anybody have any ideas to share???

I got one....Ron Paul endorses Rand Paul money bomb, that'll get the attention of a lot of liberty people, if indeed that was our goal. But again, I lean more to the side of opening up the money bomb to a wider audience, just like Rand has done with his message.
    REINS Act (congressional approval for new regulations), FOCUS Act (civil forfeiture)....both solid libertarian issues, but also common sense reforms that non-libertarians could appreciate, outrage-inducing, contain clear antagonists, and things Rand's focusing on right now. I'd reiterate Audit the Fed as well. There's a huge PR battle brewing, as I'm sure you know - hay to be made there. Re Ron, not sure that's wise. Yea it would excite our base, but the fact is Rand's going to have to distance himself from Ron. Starting off by making a highly public connection back to him seems counterproductive. There are other ways to excite our base.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 02-22-2015 at 12:51 AM.

If you're targeting April 7-15, Rand's current focus on audit the fed, sentencing reform etc. will be yesterday's news. Anticipating ahead - Patriot Act sections 206 & 215 expire June 1 and the battle lines should be forming up in April. Here's a topic that should draw both old Ron Paulists and the new folks you're seeking. "An Act of Patriotism" -> Rand's announcement.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast