Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The History of Policing in the United States

Police Departments are private, for profit corporations. They are not government organizations.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Police Departments are private, for profit corporations. They are not government organizations.
    Actually they are both, with a splash of organized crime thrown in........

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Actually they are both, with a splash of organized crime thrown in........
    I see no evidence that police departments are anything but private, for profit corporations. Such has been confirmed directly to me by an experienced policy...err police officer.

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I see no evidence that police departments are anything but private, for profit corporations. Such has been confirmed directly to me by an experienced policy...err police officer.
    They are government entities. Don't let yourself be fooled. I suppose you could say they are contracted mercenaries. That would be about right. But, they work exclusively for the government/corporatists.

Ask said kop where the funds his pay check is drawn from come from, ask about vehicles, weapons, communication, etc...

Then ask who rules the roost when the feds come to town.......

Does he enforce federal law?

In reality it's a hodgepodge but you can bet your ass that your life and your families lives are several notches below his 'brothers in blue'........

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    They are government entities. Don't let yourself be fooled. I suppose you could say they are contracted mercenaries. That would be about right. But, they work exclusively for the government/corporatists.
    There are no governments anymore, just corporate subsidiaries of the federal corporation, therefore there can be no government entities. Only corporate entities. I bet the city/town/county/state you live in is incorporated.

Bump for relevance....

Better or worse"

I will be observing the new administrations adventures.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Better or worse"

I will be observing the new administrations adventures.
    I'm calling status quo or worse. I'm not seeing better as an option.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bumpity bump

So the author of the article cited in the OP is an anti-capitalist of some kind:

Maintaining a stable and disciplined work force for the developing system of factory production and ensuring a safe and tranquil community for the conduct of commerce required an organized system of social control. The developing profit-based system of production antagonized social tensions in the community. Inequality was increasing rapidly; the exploitation of workers through long hours, dangerous working conditions, and low pay was endemic; and the dominance of local governments by economic elites was creating political unrest. The only effective political strategy available to exploited workers was what economic elites referred to as "rioting," which was actually a primitive form of what would become union strikes against employers (Silver 1967). The modern police force not only provided an organized, centralized body of men (and they were all male) legally authorized to use force to maintain order, it also provided the illusion that this order was being maintained under the rule of law, not at the whim of those with economic power.
    There are many aspects of policing about which one could legitimately complain.

...the defense of property against rioting unionists isn't one of them.

@phill4paul you actually agree with this Marxoid analysis?

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    So the author of the article cited in the OP is an anti-capitalist of some kind:

There are many aspects of policing about which one could legitimately complain.

...the defense of property against rioting unionists isn't one of them.

@phill4paul you actually agree with this Marxoid analysis?
    The take away to me is that these corporations shifted the cost of private security to the citizenry. It doesn't make me a SJW to point out that policing in the south has a direct correlation to "paddy rollers" i.e. slave patrols.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...l-Slave-Patrol
    Last edited by phill4paul; 07-23-2017 at 09:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    The take away to me is that these corporations shifted the cost of private security to the citizenry.
    Whenever security costs are socialized (which is always, in every society, other than in a hypothetical anarcho-capitalist society), somebody's paying for somebody else's security, yes, though it's not entirely clear that big business is the beneficiary of this redistribution of wealth, since they also pay a great deal in taxes. Anyway, I have no problem with socialized security, since there's no real alternative (anarcho-capitalism being impossible in practice), and I don't much care how the costs/benefits break down on a class/individual level.

Bump for Drake

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12