Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is a Rand Paul/Jeb Bush Collision Course Inevitable?

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    How many "normal" people have any clue what the Federal Reserve even is. Ron brought new blood to his party, time will tell if they stick around with team Red or not.
    Ron Paul made it hip among Republican primary voters to be suspicious of it. It has definitely entered Republican vocabularies. Not that it's a make or break issue, but it's one that Rand can trump.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    Please tell me that America isn't dumb enough to elect another Bush. I frankly just can't see it. I think America would elect Satan vs. Bush if that ended up being the general.
    Oh, we're counting on it...

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Rand Paul biggest competition is Scott Walker, Rick Santorum, and Mike Huckabee. These candidates at least 2 or all three will run and complete for the same ten million voters. Rand Paul needs to expand the voter base in the to 22 million minimum, 23 million, or 25 million ideally to win the Nomination. How many of the ten million who usually vote a Establishment/seen as an executive will Rand Paul appeal?

Rand Paul needs to separate himself from Scott Walker before the Iowa Caucus. Rand Paul best bet is to form a coalition with Scott Walker on multiple issues of mutual agreement early on this year to try to get to support for his candidacy. Rush Limbaugh has and is going to give Scott Walker free air time in the foreseeable future. Rand Paul should try to call-in to Rush Limbaugh to talk about CPAC, the Keystone Pipeline override veto vote, and the DHS blockade funding.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't think this is correct. The establishment wants a known commodity. Someone who has proven themselves as pro-war and pro-wallstreet. That means Jeb Bush or Hillary Clinton. They probably would have taken Christie, too, if he wasn't so damaged. Santorum and Huckabee are social conservatives and don't really fit into the mold the establishment wants. Note they both did well in Iowa, and floundered elsewhere.
    Walker I could see being a problem, but I get the feeling the establishment is not all gung-ho about him either.

Obama and Bush came on a silver platter. Now the bench is getting thin. I'm really surprised "they" haven't done a better job of grooming the next president.

Anyway, don't get your panties in a wad over walker. He's not a polished pol and he doesn't have broad appeal. He's the flavor of the week. Just like in before we had Cain, Newt, Hunter, Thompson, etc, etc, etc. It's all a distraction from the prize: Bush or Clinton.
    Non-violence is the creed of those that maintain a monopoly on force.

Quote Originally Posted by limequat View Post
    Obama and Bush came on a silver platter.
    Clinton came on a blue dress.

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Isn't it true that no GOP candidate has lost South Carolina and won the nomination? Is that correct?
    I think that was broken in 2012 (Newt Ging-Grinch won SC?)
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123