Thread: ‘Tubing under the influence’ OK’d by state House

‘Tubing under the influence’ OK’d by state House

I didn't even know it was illegal.

It would be legal to shoot the ‘Hooch while carrying hooch under legislation approved Tuesday in the state House.

The House voted 159-0 to pass House Bill 172 by Rep. Eddie Lumsden, R-Armuchee. The bill would exempt inflatable rafts, inner tubes and homemade structures from a boating-under-the-influence bill the Legislature passed two years ago.

“There’s a big difference between boating under the influence and floating under the influence,” Lumsden said, while noting that it is still not “prudent to become intoxicated and enter our waterways.”

Riding a raft down the Chattahoochee River, for example, would be exempt from BUI laws if the bill passes.

The BUI bill, signed into law in 2013, came after a number of high-profile fatalities on Lake Lanier and elsewhere where alcohol played a major role. But Lumsden said he recently heard about a case of an individual charged under the law for being intoxicated while floating in an inner tube.

If convicted, the individual could face fines of up $10,000, loss of driving privileges and more.

Besides, Lumsden said, other laws against public drunkenness and disorderly conduct could still be used to handle specific cases.

The bill now goes to the Senate.
    http://www.ajc.com/news/news/state-r...4_politics_sfp
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    One small step against statist stupidity.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Loss of drivers license for boating or tubing while under the influence. Makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Loss of drivers license for boating or tubing while under the influence. Makes perfect sense.
    We need tube licenses.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    We need tube licenses.
    Also tubing insurance and tubing speeding cameras. Don't forget TUI checkpoints!
    Find liberty candidates to support:
    http://www.candidates4liberty.com

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    I didn't even know it was illegal.
    Three Felonies a Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Three Felonies a Day.
    Who the hell tubes sober, anyway???
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by jurgs01 View Post
    Also tubing insurance and tubing speeding cameras. Don't forget TUI checkpoints!
    Mandatory blood draws, FTW!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I do since the deputy advised me one more sip and your going to jail, so I quit. Every time I think about drinking I figure he just waiting around the corner for me.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

Quote Originally Posted by mrsat_98 View Post
    I do since the deputy advised me one more sip and your going to jail, so I quit. Every time I think about drinking I figure he just waiting around the corner for me.
    Ya', I wouldn't be too worried about it though. The mountain might get us, but the law never will.

Last edited by William Tell; 02-18-2015 at 07:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by mrsat_98 View Post
    And your "privilege" to convey in a motor vehicle would be affected. Hell, why don't they just start revoking that "privilege" for simple "drunk in public." SMDH.

The rabble rousers in Boston in 1770 were drunk most of the time.

AmeriKa needs moar alcohol.

One year later...lol. It's close, I'm tellin' ya.

‘Floating under the influence’ is this close to being legal in Georgia

“Floating under the influence” is almost legal in Georgia, after the Senate approved changes to the state’s boating laws making clear drinking a beer on an inflatable raft close to shore doesn’t equate to what’s commonly known as boating under the influence.

House Bill 172 would allow adults to partake in their favorite alcoholic beverage while floating on the water as long as their raft doesn’t have a motor and they stay within 100 feet from shore on a lake, pond or “other nonflowing body of water.”

State Rep. Eddie Lumsden, R-Armuchee, sponsored the bill. He has said the bill aims to recognize a long-treasured pastime in Georgia. “I submit to you,” he told some senators recently, “that there is a significant difference between boating under the influence and floating under the influence.”

HB 172 passed the Senate on a 49-1 vote but because of some tweaks to the bill, it needs one more sign-off from the state House before final passage.
    http://www.ajc.com/news/news/state-r...to-bein/nqfcb/

FREEEEEEEEEEDOM!

This is seriously the most retarded law I've heard about in a long time.

I was going to say that there is no other way of tubing other than being under the influence.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

or weed

Three Felonies a Day.
    At this point I think it's more like 10-15.
    "I am a bird"

Update: It is now legal to float with hooch under new Georgia legislation. Gov. Nathan Deal signed House Bill 172 into law on May 3, 2016.

alcohol too much trash for tubing, maybe high proof canteen

Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    or weed
    meh too much effort to keep dry on tube

real river rats know best is peanut butter, jelly, and mushrooms

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    real river rats know best is peanut butter, jelly, and mushrooms

And beer!

Take a keg if you're worried about not bagging the empty's..

I keep large mesh bags for floating and pick up other folks trash too, most old stoners/drunks do too.......

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Take a keg if you're worried about not bagging the empty's..

this very true

have fond memories of mini keg of dogfishhead 60 min IPA floating down the chipola

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...