Thread: ‘Get NATO, foreign countries out of Ukraine to end civil war’ – Ron Paul

‘Get NATO, foreign countries out of Ukraine to end civil war’ – Ron Paul

The best thing for Ukraine is to force NATO, the US, and regional players out of the country, former US congressman and presidential candidate Ron Paul said. Without foreign meddling in the civil war, Kiev will focus on the nation's economic collapse.

“Get the foreigners out of there [Ukraine], get the Europeans out, the US out, get NATO out, and get the Russians out,”Paul said at the International Students for Liberty Conference in Washington on Friday. “There will be less of a civil war going on there because they will have to worry about their debt. This is an economic matter too. You have to realize that the country is totally bankrupt.”

Paul’s speech followed the NSA surveillance whistleblower Edward Snowden’s presentation.

“I’m not pro-Putin, I’m not pro-Russia, but I’m pro-facts,” Paul stressed when defending his stance. “Crimea is not exactly a foreign country, according to the Russians. But I’m neutral on that,” the former presidential candidate stated.

Paul – a 79-year-old retired doctor who spent nearly three decades in the US Congress representing the state of Texas – reiterated his previous statements, noting that what happened in Ukraine last year was a “coup” that was planned by “NATO, EU” and western Ukrainians. “One thing for sure that we do know, is we [US] had the conversations between our State Department and our ambassador before the coup – who will we put in place. And they planned part of the coup.”

When the uprising in Kiev in early 2014 led to the ousting of then-President Viktor Yanukovych, Paul urged in an op-ed that the US must “keep [its] hands off Ukraine and let them solve their own problems.” Several US officials, including the US State Department’s Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs Victoria Nuland, have been accused of meddling into Ukraine’s internal affairs.

Continued - ‘Get NATO, foreign countries out of Ukraine to end civil war’ – Ron Paul
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 04-09-2015 at 09:32 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yup....but it ain't gunna happen.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

I wish Rand had said this

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    I wish Rand had said this
    Well, he still can. Right? Will see, I suppose.

War means Big Business, which quite simply means that nothing will get done.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspie Minarcho-Capitalist View Post
    True. Curing the cancer of war isn't profitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspie Minarcho-Capitalist View Post
    We're beginning to see the rest of the world combining forces to undermine the financial infrastructure of the U.S. war economy. Which is, really, a completely different discussion. Although relevant to what we've seen evolve in the Ukraine. A product of what we've seen in the Ukraine, to be clear. And nobody is paying attention. Heh...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...=1#post5830309
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 04-09-2015 at 09:34 AM.