Thread: NH - State senator introduces bill to "allow" no-permit CCW.

Exclamation NH - State senator introduces bill to "allow" no-permit CCW.

Hope Shem is on this as well.

Sen. Bradley: Repealing Concealed Carry Permit Requirement Will Make N.H. Safer

http://nhpr.org/post/sen-bradley-rep...-make-nh-safer

The Senate Judiciary committee is expected to hear testimony Thursday afternoon on a bill that would repeal the requirement to obtain a license to carry a concealed gun.

The hearing is likely to draw a large crowd of gun rights advocates and those who have concerns about loosening the state’s firearms regulations.

Wolfeboro Republican and Senate Majority Leader Jed Bradley is the bill’s prime sponsor.

He joined Morning Edition to talk about his proposal.

There are only four states that don’t require a permit to carry a concealed gun – Arizona, Wyoming, Vermont, and Alaska. Why add New Hampshire to that list?

Right now in New Hampshire, anybody that is legally entitled to own a legal firearm can carry it openly. And so allowing people to carry a concealed weapon, as most people choose to do as opposed to openly carrying a weapon, just makes common sense to me.

One of the states you cited – Vermont – has had the right to carry a concealed weapon without a permit for years and it happens to be the safest state in the nation. So I actually think that if we allow what’s called constitutional carry, in other words without a permit, we’ll be an even safer state than we are today.

The bill:

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legi...015/SB0116.pdf
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I love how you put "allow" in quotation marks. It's perfect.
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

Quote Originally Posted by willwash View Post
    I love how you put "allow" in quotation marks. It's perfect.
    Thanks.

This is my senator btw.

Where's Shem to get in on this?
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Hope Shem is on this as well.

Sen. Bradley: Repealing Concealed Carry Permit Requirement Will Make N.H. Safer

http://nhpr.org/post/sen-bradley-rep...-make-nh-safer

The Senate Judiciary committee is expected to hear testimony Thursday afternoon on a bill that would repeal the requirement to obtain a license to carry a concealed gun.

The hearing is likely to draw a large crowd of gun rights advocates and those who have concerns about loosening the state’s firearms regulations.

Wolfeboro Republican and Senate Majority Leader Jed Bradley is the bill’s prime sponsor.

He joined Morning Edition to talk about his proposal.

There are only four states that don’t require a permit to carry a concealed gun – Arizona, Wyoming, Vermont, and Alaska. Why add New Hampshire to that list?

Right now in New Hampshire, anybody that is legally entitled to own a legal firearm can carry it openly. And so allowing people to carry a concealed weapon, as most people choose to do as opposed to openly carrying a weapon, just makes common sense to me.

One of the states you cited – Vermont – has had the right to carry a concealed weapon without a permit for years and it happens to be the safest state in the nation. So I actually think that if we allow what’s called constitutional carry, in other words without a permit, we’ll be an even safer state than we are today.

The bill:

http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/legi...015/SB0116.pdf
    Also States that allow open carry, have very low crime rates...

Regards