Thread: Two Immigrants For Every New Job Since 2000

Two Immigrants For Every New Job Since 2000

http://dailycaller.com/2015/02/10/tw...ob-since-2000/

The United States has accepted two new immigrants for each additional job created since 2000, according to federal data.

The data shows that 18 million legal and illegal immigrants settled in the United States from 2000 to 2015, while only 9.3 million additional jobs were created, according to the Center for Immigration Studies, which favors a reduced level of immigration.

After subtracting deaths, departures and retirements among the immigrants, the working-age population of immigrants has grown 12 million since 2000, according to data at the Bureau of Labor Standards, said Steve Camarota, the author of the CIS study.

That’s equal to three years of American births.

The population of Americans aged 16 to 65 also grew by 16 million from 2000 to 2014, Camarota told The Daily Caller.

That overall population of working-age immigrants and native-born Americans increased by 28 million, which is three times the number of jobs added since 2000.

Continues on Link

But uh, we took their jobs first...
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supply and demand...surplus labor reduces wages, prevents inflation. Corporatists win, banksters win, you lose.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

What these fools, and many like them, do not seem to understand is that a huge immigrant populations is great and it does spur economic growth, when you aren't trying to centrally manage the economy,manipulating the money supply and devaluing the dollar, have regulatory and licensing laws that prevents immigrants from being able to start businesses, and minimum wage laws that bar people with no contacts, little experience, and language barriers, you know, your typical immigrant, from entering the workforce because no one wants to hired them because they are unskilled. The government invasion of the market is the issue, not immigration.

Some poor $#@!er will have my job soon , I feel sorry for them .Looking forward though to my semi retirement .

Might that not go quite a ways towards explaining an ~25% real US unemployment rate?

Two Immigrants For Every New Job Since 2000
    Well thank goodness!

Americans deserve their welfare don't ya' know.......

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Well thank goodness!

Americans deserve their welfare don't ya' know.......
    Probably the best tactic ever invented to drive people into the loving arms of Big Mother.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Don't Libertarians love cheap labor, open borders and more competition?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I wonder how many of those immigrants are working jobs that are not known about and by the government though.

Quote Originally Posted by NACBA View Post
    Yes. America would be worse off without those immigrants.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

With rising costs & regulatory capture comes a global workforce. Wouldn't it be easier to rein in or cut off the special interests who are causing the rising costs? Nah. That would be too logical and effective.
    Last edited by AuH20; 02-12-2015 at 03:18 PM.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Some libertarians don't (won't?) see the big picture. I don't think it's necessary them loving the above.

If it means lower priced goods- yes. If it means fewer high paying jobs- no. But can't have it both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    If it means lower priced goods- yes. If it means fewer high paying jobs- no. But can't have it both ways.
    You must have missed that he specifically asked about libertarians.

You can't hire a babysitter for $5/hr but megacorp can outsource at $0.50/hr. So we aren't allowed easy access to 'cheap labor'. Nor are drug dealers and prostitutes allowed to compete for your dollar (making that dollar, literally, worth less). Open borders don't allow you to import the same medicines available to Canadians and Europeans. Whatever some group may or may not love, this doesn't really seem to apply.