Thread: Missoula lawmaker: Yoga pants, Speedos should be illegal in public

Thumbs down Missoula lawmaker: Yoga pants, Speedos should be illegal in public

They'll have to pry them off my cold dead butt.

HELENA — A Montana lawmaker is seeking to strengthen the state’s indecent exposure law, stopping just short of his wish to outlaw yoga pants.

Rep. David Moore on Tuesday introduced House Bill 365 in the House Judiciary Committee in response to a group of naked bicyclists who rolled through Missoula in August.

The proposal would expand indecent exposure law to include any nipple exposure, including men’s, and any garment that “gives the appearance or simulates” a person’s buttocks, genitals, pelvic area or female nipple.

The Republican from Missoula said tight-fitting beige clothing could be considered indecent exposure under his proposal.

“Yoga pants should be illegal in public anyway,” Moore said after the hearing.

Moore said he wouldn’t have a problem with people being arrested for wearing provocative clothing but that he’d trust law enforcement officials to use their discretion. He couldn’t be sure whether police would act on that provision or if Montana residents would challenge it.

“I don’t have a crystal ball,” Moore said.

Moore and Walt Hill, a retired professor in Missoula, initiated the drafting of HB 365 after the Bare as you Dare bicycle event outraged some residents last summer. Fearing that denying organizers an event permit would breach free speech, city officials allowed participants, many of them completely nude, to ride through downtown Missoula on Aug. 17, 2014.

“I want Montana to be known as a decent state where people can live within the security of laws and protect their children and associates from degrading and indecent practices,” Hill said Tuesday in support of the measure. “I believe this bill is written preserving that reputation.”

In 1991, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in Barnes v. Glen Theatre Inc. that state prohibitions on public nudity are constitutional given that nudity in itself is not an expression. Bare as you Dare organizers call the event a celebration of body image and bicyclists’ right to use public roads.

Rep. Virginia Court, D-Billings, said she is concerned that the provision prohibiting garments showing the outline or appearance of a woman’s nipple unfairly targets women. “I think you are kind of being a little prejudiced against women,” Court said.

Currently, a person convicted of indecent exposure three times could be sentenced to life in jail and up to $10,000. In an effort to promote enforcement of the law, Moore said, the bill lessens that sentencing to not more than five years in jail and $5,000.

A first offense for violating Montana’s indecent exposure law carries a fine of no more than $500 and six months in jail. A second offense carries up to $1,000 or one year in jail. Those punishments are unchanged in Moore’s bill.

Read more: http://billingsgazette.com/news/gove...#ixzz3RSq0YOzS
    Last edited by Suzanimal; 02-11-2015 at 12:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Here's a picture of that piece of $#@! who would proscribe clothing for others;

Whadda ya' want to bet he's a repressed ****?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post

These cloths are a turn on for him and he wants laws to keep from being tempted? Sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    These cloths are a turn on for him and he wants laws to keep from being tempted? Sounds about right.
    Doesn't do much for me.......

You almost received your first neg rep from me by posting that.

Conservatives claim to support small government but want to control our personal lives just Liberals.

Like their is no different anyways between them anyways.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

yoga pants on women is a gift from the gods.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    yoga pants on women is a gift from the gods.
    Yeah, I'd have to agree with you there, specs.

I'll tell you what, though, if they fiddle with Daisy Dukes and cowgirl boots I'm going to probably be super peeved about that.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 02-11-2015 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Yeah, I'd have to agree with you there, specs.

I'll tell you what, though, if they fiddle with Daisy Dukes and cowgirl boots I'm going to probably be super peeved about that.
    Armed revolution worthy!

Quote Originally Posted by rg17 View Post
    Conservatives claim to support small government but want to control our personal lives just Liberals.

Like their is no different anyways between them anyways.
    They are just trying to validate their existence by creating "reasons" why "we need them". Most people already realize "we do not need them" and they recognize this as a threat.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

And Sharia law comes to America...
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Outlaw yoga pants?

Speedos, maybe. But if I couldn't wear yoga pants, I'd have to go naked. My kid wrecked just about all my other clothes.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Last edited by specsaregood; 05-20-2016 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I think I mentioned this before, but when I lived in the Caribbean there was a sign up at the local grocery. It was written in like 4 different languages and it said something to the effect of "No swimsuits allowed". Of course it didn't always work, nothing like going through the produce area or butcher area and seeing a 50yr old german sporting a banana hammock, tank top and flipflops.
    I'm mostly German in my background, but damn, Germans give the Japanese a run for their money in the weirdness category.

Yes. I am being collectivist.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

‘Yoga pants should be illegal in public’: Montana legislator fails to ban camel-toe-causing clothes...

Reuters / Lucas Jackson

The right to bare arms, legs and possibly even nipples has lived to die another day in Montana. An an anti-yoga pants state lawmaker introduced a bill meant to strengthen indecent exposure laws, but it now lies limp on the committee table.

Montana’s House Judiciary Committee voted unanimously to table the proposal on Wednesday. No word about whether Moore’s panties are in a twist after the committee killed the bill. Or if those T-shirts of a woman’s body in a bikini would be considered “simulated private parts.”

Moore’s proposal, House Bill 365, took things just a bit further, seeking to revise the law to cover “indecent exposure of a person’s private parts or simulated private parts in a public place in such a way that a reasonable person would be offended or alarmed.”

Of course, the bill does not define “a reasonable person.” It does, however, describe "indecency" in-depth: “the person’s genitals, pubic hair, or anus or… the areola or nipple of the person’s breast with anything less than a fully opaque covering.”

Moore’s delicate sensibilities apparently do not extend to breastfeeding, which was specifically allowed in the proposal. Score one for the ladies who would no longer be allowed to wear their comfy pants while dealing with an infant attached to their mammaries.

When asked how police might enforce a law with the proposed penalty of a fine up to $500, imprisonment of up to six months, or both, the Republican lawmaker replied, “I don’t have a crystal ball.”

Continued - ‘Yoga pants should be illegal in public’: Montana legislator fails to ban camel-toe-causing clothes
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 02-12-2015 at 09:50 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So the premise of the bill is "dat ass so fine girl, it should be illegal"?

Sometimes I really hate you.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    And Sharia law comes to America...
    I didn't think this, but I wish I would have. Cause that is the point, isn't it.

So should Missoula lawmakers.

How the hell did I miss this thread???

David Moore is most likely a child molester.