Thread: Bloomberg: No Guns For Black Males 15 to 25

Bloomberg: No Guns For Black Males 15 to 25

Bloomberg responded that conventional wisdom points to education, but education isn’t going to help uneducated adults. Bradley later asked how government can offer basic fairness to the children “who have been failed.”

Bloomberg claimed that 95 percent of murders fall into a specific category: male, minority and between the ages of 15 and 25. Cities need to get guns out of this group’s hands and keep them alive, he said.

“These kids think they’re going to get killed anyway because all their friends are getting killed,” Bloomberg said. “They just don’t have any long-term focus or anything. It’s a joke to have a gun. It’s a joke to pull a trigger.”

At one point, the former mayor brought up New York City’s stop-and-frisk practices, which gained national attention in 2011. Bloomberg said that during his last year in office, a minister at a Baptist church in Harlem invited him to speak.

“While I’m sitting there waiting for him to introduce me, he said to his congregation, ‘You know, if every one of you stopped and frisked your kid before they went out at night, the mayor wouldn’t have to do it,’” Bloomberg said. “And so I knew I was going to be okay with that audience.”

Source:http://www.aspentimes.com/news/14957...gal-pot-stupid

Evidence that "progressives" are really racists.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post

Evidence that "progressives" are really racists.
    Sure they are. To them there are those among us, based on skin color and regardless of age, that need to be "looked after." Because, well, they are incapable of doing it themselves. Poor, sweet, "children" to be governed for their best interest.

STATISM hiding behind RACISM, or the other way around...

So lets look at the History of Gun Control:

Not the best vid by any means, but does point out some info on how Gun Control and Racism go hand in hand.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

If a Jew calls for disarmament of a certain group of minorities, is it racist? Is it anti-semetic to call him out?

I'm confused. Is there a progressive/PC/statist flow chart or decision tree to help me out?

"The picket line continued. On Sunday, on our way to the swimming pool, we had to pass through the same intersection (U.S. 74 and U.S. 601). There were about two or three thousand people lined along the highway. Two or three policemen were standing at the intersection directing traffic and there were two policemen who had been following us from my home. An old stock car without windows was parked by a restaurant at the intersection. As soon as we drew near, this car started backing out as fast as possible. The driver hoped to hit us in the side and flip us over. But I turned my wheel sharply and the junk car struck the front of my car and both cars went into a ditch.

Then the crowd started screaming. They said that a ****** had hit a white man. They were referring to me. They were screaming, “Kill the *******! Kill the *******! Pour gasoline on the *******! Burn the *******!”

We were still sitting in the car. The man who was driving the stock car got out of the car with a baseball bat and started walking toward us saying, “******, what did you hit me for?” I didn’t say anything to him. We just sat there looking at him. He came up close to our car, within arm’s length with the baseball bat, but I still hadn’t said anything and we didn’t move in the car. What they didn’t know was that we were armed. Under North Carolina state law it is legal to carry firearms in your automobile so long as these firearms are not concealed.

I had two pistols and a rifle in the car. When this fellow started to draw back his baseball bat, I put an Army .45 up in the window of the car and pointed it right into his face and didn’t say a word. He looked at the pistol and he didn’t say anything. He started backing away from the car.

Somebody in the crowd fired a pistol and the people again started to scream hysterically, ‘Kill the *******! Kill the *******! Pour gasoline on the *******!’ The mob started to throw stones on top of my car. So I opened the door of the car and I put one foot on the ground and I stood up in the door holding an Italian carbine. All this time three policemen had been standing about 50 feet away from us while we kept waiting in the car for them to come and rescue us. Then when they saw that we were armed and the mob couldn’t take us, two of the policemen started running. One ran straight to me, grabbed me on the shoulder and said, ‘Surrender your weapon! Surrender your weapon!’ I struck him in the face and knocked him back away from the car and put my carbine in his face and told him that we didn’t intend to be lynched. The other policeman who had run around the side of the car started to draw his revolver out of the holster. He was hoping to shoot me in the back. They didn’t know that we had more than one gun. One of the students (who was 17 years old) put a .45 in the policeman’s face and told him that if he pulled out his pistol he would kill him.

The policeman started putting his gun back into the holster and backing away from the car and he fell into the ditch. There was a very old man, an old white man, out in the crowd, and he started screaming and crying like a baby, and he kept crying and he said, ‘God damn, God damn what is this God damn country coming to that the ******* have got guns, the ******* are armed and the police can’t even arrest them?!’ He kept crying and somebody led him away through the crowd."

from 'Negroes with Guns' by Robert F Williams
    Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just and that his justice cannot sleep forever. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    I'm confused. Is there a progressive/PC/statist flow chart or decision tree to help me out?

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by ghengis86 View Post
    If a Jew calls for disarmament of a certain group of minorities, is it racist? Is it anti-semetic to call him out?

Easy. If a call for anything forced is not applied to the population as a whole, then the force is intended to disable the already disenfranchised. Take guns away from all people, but not COPS or Politicians or Bankers. It allows one group to have power over another, depending on group classification. Keep in mind that calls for force to be applied to specific groups always start with those that are least able to defend themselves. Something dumb would be like requiring all homeless men to shave daily. No one would resist because they arent homeless, and if they are, their voices wont be heard. Replace "Shaving" with "Vaccinate" and the same outcome will occur because the Homeless are the low hanging fruit that is the least able to defend themselves, disenfranchised.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Progressives hate the full term that they used to throw around:

"******town Saturday Night Special"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Sure they are. To them there are those among us, based on skin color and regardless of age, that need to be "looked after." Because, well, they are incapable of doing it themselves. Poor, sweet, "children" to be governed for their best interest.

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

The Washington Times reported some responses:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Them-Alive%92
    The New York State Rifle & Pistol Association, the state’s largest gun rights group, compared Mr. Bloomberg’s comments to those uttered by white supremacists and demanded the former mayor apologize.

“Mayor Bloomberg’s statement that black males should not be allowed to have guns echos similar sentiments made by southern white supremacists in the 19th century,” Tom King, the association’s president, said in a statement. “So called ‘Black Codes’ were enacted by various southern states to discriminate against black Americans and maintain the system of white supremacy that made slavery possible. These included restrictions on firearms possession.

“If a politician said this about anything other than guns, the mainstream media would be all over them,” Mr. King argued. “Michael Bloomberg isn’t just any politician, he is the leading voice for gun control in America. He should be held accountable for this slander.”
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    lol that's great

Whadda 'bout no gangs in blue for over 65 joos?

Since they are largely killing each other over illegal drug trade, the solution should be pretty obvious: tell them to stop dealing drugs.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Yep inner city kids murder each other with legally obtained weapons...

If you somehow managed to get guns away from them, it would work as a short term solution, I think the murder rate would go down. But it would just mask a larger problem.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    Yep inner city kids murder each other with legally obtained weapons...

If you somehow managed to get guns away from them, it would work as a short term solution, I think the murder rate would go down. But it would just mask a larger problem.
    People murder each other with a lot of illegally obtained weapons too. You can't keep guns out of criminals' hands.

I doubt the murder rate would significantly decrease (looking strictly at the metropolitans or elsewhere). It would probably be masked or overtaken by another 'unseen' consequence of what happens when people cannot adequately defend themselves. That is to say, murders would probably increase, depending circumstances (economic opportunity, etc.).
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Since they are largely killing each other over illegal drug trade, the solution should be pretty obvious: tell them to stop dealing drugs.
    Hey!

How about passing some laws that make drugs illegal?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.