Thread: The U.S. media and the 13-year-old Yemeni boy burned to death last month by a U.S. drone

The U.S. media and the 13-year-old Yemeni boy burned to death last month by a U.S. drone

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2...led-u-s-drone/

By Glenn Greenwald...

What’s confounding and irrational and inscrutable isn’t that people react by turning to “radicalism” and violence. It’s that many journalists and officials in western nations seem to think that they can go around for decades invading, occupying, imprisoning without charges and dropping bombs on multiple other countries around the world, regularly killing innocents, including children, and then act shocked and surprised when people in those countries, or who identify with them, want to bring violence back in return. That is a sentiment grounded in deep irrationality, blind nationalism, and primitive tribalism.
    Rand Paul for Peace

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In fact, as the Guardian reported today, “Mr. Jahmi’s age” was 13 on the day the American drone ended his life. Just months earlier, the Yemeni teenager told that paper that “he lived in constant fear of the ‘death machines’ in the sky that had already killed his father and brother.” It was 2011 when “an unmanned combat drone killed his father and teenage brother as they were out herding the family’s camels.” In the strike two weeks ago, Mohammed was killed along with his brother-in-law and a third man.
    I was talking to DH just the other night about what that boy and other kids said, and how bad I felt that my country continues to terrorize people across the globe, and how horrible it must be to live like that.

“A lot of the kids in this area wake up from sleeping because of nightmares from them and some now have mental problems. They turned our area into hell and continuous horror, day and night, we even dream of them in our sleep.”
    Related:

Burning Victims to Death: Still a Common Practice
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...iles-away-quot
    Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

''primitive tribalism''

good one...i'm using that.

Unhappy 13-year-old Who Said “We Dream About Drones” Gets Killed By Drone

Heartbreaking.

13-year-old Who Said “We Dream About Drones” Gets Killed By Drone

Last month, 13-year-old Mohammed Tuaiman was killed by a CIA drone strike in Yemen. Prophetically, he spoke with the Guardian just months prior to his death about how he, his friends, and his neighbors had a deep fear of drones.

“I see them every day and we are scared of them. A lot of the kids in this area wake up from sleeping because of nightmares from them and some now have mental problems. They turned our area into hell and continuous horror, day and night, we even dream of them in our sleep,” Tuaiman told the Guardian.

Mohammed’s father and brother were killed by a drone while they were herding camels in 2011. Then just last month on January 26th Mohammed himself was killed by a drone.

“They tell us that these drones come from bases in Saudi Arabia and also from bases in the Yemeni seas and America sends them to kill terrorists, but they always kill innocent people. But we don’t know why they are killing us,” Mohammed said in his interview with the Guardian.
    “In their eyes, we don’t deserve to live like people in the rest of the world and we don’t have feelings or emotions or cry or feel pain like all the other humans around the world,” he added.

Mohammed and his family have had the misfortune of being wrongly associated with Al-Qaeda, but they have sworn by their innocence for many years. They are among thousands of innocent people who are killed overseas by US drone strikes.

Video at link

http://theantimedia.org/killed-by-drone/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Lets stand together using circumstances as this to stop paying these $#@!s.
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

"It would see the world burn if it could be king of the ashes."

―Anonymous on U.S. Gov
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZENemy View Post
    They print their money and then allot us peons a portion so it's not like we actually pay them.

Thing'd be different if we did........

Both political parties in America were for the Drone programs this makes me sick to my guts.
    Hope the drone pilot gets a Karma up in his ass.

The really really really $#@!ed up thing is, I am not surprised. I hope you Christians are right, even if my non belief puts me squarely in with the soon-to-be toasty. I really hope there is some kind of arbiter that brings people to account, myself included, for our actions on this earth, and that there is a place where lives cut short here can be spent.

How to reconcile all of this? What to do? Drone pilots are replaceable, and no one knows who theye are. So wtf? Or is their a theye? Is it possible that **** sapiens are just brutal animals? But that isn't it. What we have on our hands is an enormous herd of brainwashed sheep-people that are too ideologically perverted to even save.

I am responsible for this.

There is no telling who is going to catch the result of this bad karma. None.

Quote Originally Posted by BV2 View Post
    The really really really $#@!ed up thing is, I am not surprised. I hope you Christians are right, even if my non belief puts me squarely in with the soon-to-be toasty.

I really hope there is some kind of arbiter that brings people to account, myself included, for our actions on this earth, and that there is a place where lives cut short here can be spent.

How to reconcile all of this? What to do? Drone pilots are replaceable, and no one knows who theye are. So wtf? Or is their a theye? Is it possible that **** sapiens are just brutal animals? But that isn't it. What we have on our hands is an enormous herd of brainwashed sheep-people that are too ideologically perverted to even save.

There is no telling who is going to catch the result of this bad karma. None.
    So am I.

Even though I don't want it, never signed up for it, do not support it...I'm guilty as hell.

Guilty of doing nothing to stop it.

And there will be a reckoning, count on it.

And we'll all catch hell before it's over.

Buffy agrees with you:

But my hero Chris Kyle told me they are just savages...So why should I care?? AIMIRITE!?

The little boy did this to himself...

Don't wanna get bombed by a drone? Don't associate with terrorists!

Don't wanna get killed by freedom missle? Don't LIVE in a warzone!

USA! USA! USA!

Hey look the Bachelor is on! Some of those ladies are crazy sluts! ***Mind going numb again*** .....Feel free to continue providing freedom to other parts of the world......

If this 13 year old grows up to become an adult, by US definition of adult of 21, what does anyone think he will aspire to be when / if he grows up? Banker? Lawyer? Dental Tech? Or maybe a Terrorist?

Our actions today are creating the Terrorists of tomorrow.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

qft
    “One may come to the aid of another being unlawfully arrested, just as he may where one is being assaulted, molested, raped or kidnapped. Thus it is not an offense to liberate one from the unlawful custody of an officer, even though he may have submitted to such custody, without resistance.” (Adams v. State, 121 Ga. 16, 48 S.E. 910).

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Czolgosz View Post
    qft
    How exactly is this going to work? Stop paying taxes? They just print the money. Dont give them paychecks? We dont sign thm, again, they just print the money. The ones that do depend on our taxes can be reigned in, but will most likely also be bailed out by those who, yet again, print the money! US Govt no longer needs people, which is why they can get away with so much abuse.
    1776 > 1984

Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    If this 13 year old grows up to become an adult, by US definition of adult of 21, what does anyone think he will aspire to be when / if he grows up? Banker? Lawyer? Dental Tech? Or maybe a Terrorist?

Our actions today are creating the Terrorists of tomorrow.
    Dear God, you're right. He was most likely going to become a freedom-hating terrorist.

But don't worry...

"WE GOT HIM"

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    How exactly is this going to work? Stop paying taxes? They just print the money. Dont give them paychecks? We dont sign thm, again, they just print the money. The ones that do depend on our taxes can be reigned in, but will most likely also be bailed out by those who, yet again, print the money! US Govt no longer needs people, which is why they can get away with so much abuse.
    Personally, I feel that the very notion of people standing together and refusing to pay on a moral ground (not a legal argument) out in the open would scare them to death. More people would join once they saw that fear. I don't see any other non violent solution. No empire in history has been removed without violence however, today, with the internet, a refusal to pay would be unstoppable.
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Personally, I feel that the very notion of people standing together and refusing to pay on a moral ground (not a legal argument) out in the open would scare them to death. More people would join once they saw that fear. I don't see any other non violent solution. No empire in history has been removed without violence however, today, with the internet, a refusal to pay would be unstoppable.
    There is an extension of this strategy called the Cloward Piven Strategy, where the Welfare State collapses under its own weight. No one contributes, no one pays taxes or produces, no one works, everyone is dependant. They print money so they dont have to work and make those who can not print money do the work for them. Eventually, they keep the money we print, we get no money and do all of the work, then finally conclude it is just easier to let them print themselves to death. I think that is more of the direction we are actually headed. The rest of the world is seriously considering turning their backs on us, as well as they should.

Rome is burning but it didnt burn overnight.
    1776 > 1984

Based on the idea of natural rights, government secures those rights to the individual by strictly negative intervention, making justice costless and easy of access; and beyond that it does not go. The State, on the other hand, both in its genesis and by its primary intention, is purely anti-social. It is not based on the idea of natural rights, but on the idea that the individual has no rights except those that the State may provisionally grant him. It has always made justice costly and difficult of access, and has invariably held itself above justice and common morality whenever it could advantage itself by so doing.
    --Albert J. Nock

Quote Originally Posted by Lucille View Post

Oops. I searched the boy's name and it didn't come up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    To be fair, US media owners would have preferred you to discuss swcbag selfies than stories like this.

A Yemeni boy walks past a mural depicting a U.S. drone on December 13 in the capital Sanaa.

While You Were Debating Obama’s ‘Selfie,’ U.S. Drones Killed 13+ Yemen Wedding Guests

Not to mention their fake smiles which they are starting to annoy me. Example

CNN
    FOX
    CBC
    CP24
    ABC D:
    MSNBC

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.