Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This 21-Year-Old Pro Baseball Player Is A Millionaire Who Lives Out Of A VW Camper Van

This 21-Year-Old Pro Baseball Player Is A Millionaire Who Lives Out Of A VW Camper Van

He looks lonely.

After receiving a $2 million signing bonus with the Toronto Blue Jays, Daniel Norris decided to hit the road with his new dream car—a 1978 Volkswagen Westfalia camper van—which incidentally, is also his new dream home.

21-year-old Norris signed with the Blue Jays right out of high school in 2011. Upon signing to a new team, professional athletes are typically awarded huge sums of money to incentivize their hard work and integration into the team. At this point, most athletes are inclined to indulge their fantasies coming to life, opting for a mega-home with sports cars, marble floors, and hired help. Evidently, Norris isn’t easily aroused by the materialism of ‘high status’ life, and despite being one of the only 21-year-olds on the planet able to afford a Rolls-Royce, Norris is completely content living out of his van, traveling around the coast in search of good surf, epic hiking spots and rock walls. His van, called Shaggy, is equipped with a bed and kitchenette, which Norris uses to make simplistic meals over a stovetop.

Originally from Johnson City, Tennessee, Norris grew up around the outdoors, cultivating a passion for nature that he partially built in his father’s mountain bike shop. Norris’s childhood consisted of mountain biking, camping, hiking and generally embracing the wilderness.

Norris and Shaggy make the trip to the Blue Jays training complex in Dunedin, Florida, each spring for three-a-day practices. However Norris insists that some of the best cross-training opportunities arise in his travels. “Surfing is great for your shoulders and core, hiking is a good lower body workout, and rock climbing … well, if you’ve ever rock climbed, good luck getting out of bed the next day!” Norris tells GrindTV.

The van-dwelling life may be a little unorthodox for many of his fellow Blue Jays, but Norris doesn’t mind the speculation. In fact, many of his teammates have joined him for camping excursions, all of them expressing a serious interest in coming back soon to spend more time in the wilderness.

With life on the road, camping, surfing, and hiking, it’s hard to believe that Norris can still find the time to be a professional athlete, but he is adamant that baseball is his true passion. Recognizing how easily one can be swept away in the fame and financial excess of professional baseball, Norris believes that the van life keeps him grounded, insisting that societies normalizing luxury is dangerous. Rather, his oceanfront view and van-cooked meals represent a more organic definition of ‘fancy’.

Of course, when people become alarmed at the lifestyle that he has chosen, Norris is more than happy to answer any questions concerning the van life. He is extremely open about his decision to stay simplistic in his life in nature and has even been known to be open for photo-shoots alongside Shaggy.

After three years, Norris shows no signs of slowing down this slightly nomadic life in the van.

Read more at http://www.the-open-mind.com/this-21...Z2qopEqW5OD.99

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    He looks lonely.
    He looks quite content to me..........

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    He looks quite content to me..........
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to tod evans again.

He looks lonely.
    Ya, he needs a gold digger.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Ya, he needs a gold digger.
    I'm not a golddigger, just a beard and camping enthusiast. He lives in a van for ffs, I doubt he's attracting many golddiggers.
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.

I'm not a golddigger, just a beard and camping enthusiast. He lives in a van for ffs, I doubt he's attracting many golddiggers.
    I'm planning on have some tents in the backyard of my HFWW.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

loveshiscountry

He looks lonely.
    Did you see his signing bonus? He''s got 2 million friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I'm planning on have some tents in the backyard of my HFWW.

At Camp Danke the wayward women will learn survival skills.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dat bod.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Go chase your dreams, Suz.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    Dat bod.
    Yes.....

I think the thing we're missing is that you practically have to be an actual millionaire to afford a good condition VW camper.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

He could attract the forward thinking ones. He won't be like the Scotty Pippens of the world who made millions playing pro sports but went bankrupt after buying crap like a private jet. Hey...I ain't mad atcha. Go to the wilderness and pan for gold! Any woman willing to go camping in a VW van with the bugs and snakes and fickle weather deserves a payday.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

At Camp Danke the wayward women will learn survival skills.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    He could attract the forward thinking ones. He won't be like the Scotty Pippens of the world who made millions playing pro sports but went bankrupt after buying crap like a private jet. Hey...I ain't mad atcha. Go to the wilderness and pan for gold! Any woman willing to go camping in a VW van with the bugs and snakes and fickle weather deserves a payday.
    Way to get on board with team Suzanimal

Dat bod.
    Yeah... What was the story about again?
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    I don't remember.

Is that VW equipped with a super gym? He should market whatever he is stove top cooking... Nice to be young and rich!!

My.02

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Yes.....

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    He won't be like the Scotty Pippens of the world who made millions playing pro sports but went bankrupt after buying crap like a private jet.
    I didn't know that about Pippen. Wonder if he made a comeback.

Quote Originally Posted by acesfull View Post
    Is that VW equipped with a super gym? He should market whatever he is stove top cooking... Nice to be young and rich!!

My.02
    Most young baseball players are built like that. Cripes, my son and all of the boys he plays with are beasts too. Well...I guess they are men now and playing college and semi-pro. Probably should quit calling them boys. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I didn't know that about Pippen. Wonder if he made a comeback.
    Wow! Just did some checking and it wasn't the NBA start Scotty Pippen that filed for bankruptcy but someone else with the same name. That didn't stop the rumor mill. My apologies to Mr. Pippen for participating.

http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/ripti...ile_for_ba.php
    http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/Scott.../17/id/577562/
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    I think the thing we're missing is that you practically have to be an actual millionaire to afford a good condition VW camper.
    I was thinking something a bit more depressing. You have to be an actual millionaire to afford an independent lifestyle.

I was thinking something a bit more depressing. You have to be an actual millionaire to afford an independent lifestyle.
    This millionaire says he lives without money.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-Without-Money

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    yes.. great body.. yes.. interesting choice but where are more pictures of the Van???? and yellow? ewwww
    baby $#@! yellow at that.. the man could afford a paint job on that thing
    Disclaimer: any post made after midnight and before 8AM is made before the coffee dip stick has come up to optomim level - expect some level of silliness,

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are out numbered by those who vote for a living !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post
    yes.. great body.. yes.. interesting choice but where are more pictures of the Van???? and yellow? ewwww
    There's a van?

He looks lonely.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Yes.....
    Quote Originally Posted by opal View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CA_Cougar07.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	161.6 KB 
ID:	3754

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CA_Cougar07.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	161.6 KB 
ID:	3754
    I dunno about the other gals but I look more like this...

I dunno about the other gals but I look more like this...
    I did my best to find a "cute" cougar....

I did my best to find a "cute" cougar....
    LOL, that's sweet of ya but a cougar on the prowl ain't cute.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast