Thread: Black Caucus slams Rand Paul for opposing AG nominee Lynch

Black Caucus slams Rand Paul for opposing AG nominee Lynch

Black Caucus slams Rand Paul for opposing AG nominee Lynch

By David McCabe
    February 05, 2015, 07:30 pm

The Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) issued a sharp condemnation of Sen. Rand Paul’s (R-Ky.) opposition to Attorney General nominee Loretta Lynch on Thursday.

Paul said he opposed confirming Lynch because she supports civil forfeitures, a controversial law enforcement tactic, but the chairman of the CBC dismissed those concerns.

“Senator Paul is using the issue of civil forfeitures to block a well-qualified federal prosecutor from heading the Department of Justice,” said CBC Chairman G.K. Butterfield (D-N.C.) in a statement. “Senator Paul also has the audacity to suggest that Loretta Lynch should have more concern for people living in poverty.

“The Congressional Black Caucus recognizes Senator Paul’s unfounded argument as nothing but an excuse to keep an African American legal scholar from holding this high position, and we directly call on him and Republicans to allow the nomination of Loretta Lynch to proceed to an up or down vote in the Senate,” he added.

On Wednesday, Paul said that he was opposing Lynch because she had said during her confirmation hearing that asset forfeiture laws are a “wonderful tool.”

read more:
    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...nch-opposition

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Man these people are low, the shots are probably being called from DNC seniority or white house, thats politics for ya.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

I hope he soldiers on unabated. Mainstream black groups will never fully support him, and trying to get them to is a major waste of resources. They might praise his transparent outreach attempts, but they'll never throw their full weight behind him.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

The Congressional Black Caucus recognizes Senator Paul’s unfounded argument as nothing but an excuse to keep an African American legal scholar from holding this high position
    So they more or less call him a racist. More hateful rhetoric from the right.

It appears they have no shame. It is nothing more than attempting to obfuscate legitimate criticism with lies and smears.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by RP Supporter View Post
    So they more or less call him a racist. More hateful rhetoric from the right.
    When Goldwater opposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act because it gave the federal government too much power, the NAACP at the time said they didn't think he was a racist, but they did think he was wrong. Long gone are the days when minority groups and special interest lobbies would take the high ground and argue the issues. It's so much easier to just yell "bigotry"; not only do you not have to actually make an argument, but most sniveling whites go into abject-apology mode to not be marked with the scarlet R.

Modernity is a cancer.

It's incredible that anybody takes the Congressional Black Caucus seriously when they release statements like that. I'll bet outside of the CBC, not even Paul's harshest critics think he's blocking Lynch because she's black. These people are blatant, opportunistic, racist race-baiters.

I wish there was an honest version of the NAACP that would publicly tear into organizations like the CBC when they do $#@! like this. Sort of like we have Gun Owners of America to call out the NRA when they betray the principles of their cause.

Quote Originally Posted by economics102 View Post
    Not even Paul's harshest critics think he's blocking Lynch because she's black. These people are blatant, opportunistic, racist race-baiters.
    feel u.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    North Carolina

You cant oppose a black person or you are a racist. Got it.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    The race pimps will stop at nothing.
    "I am commonly opposed to those who modestly assume the rank of champions of liberty, and make a very patriotic noise about the people. It is the stale artifice which has duped the world a thousand times, and yet, though detected, it is still successful."

--Fisher Ames (1789)

Being the target of the left's frivolous accusations of racism can only help a Republican politician with the base.

So, thank you Congressional Racist Caucus, you did us a solid.

I am curious how many members of the caucus will resign from it due to its tasteless and blatant race baiting, which is of course unacceptable in the national discourse. Will the media cover this in outraged tones and demand Congressman Butterfield resign? I am guessing no.

Interesting that they're already playing the racist card on Rand. Perhaps I'm giving these guys too much credit, but I can't imagine them making it so blatant with Jeb or Christie. I suppose every little action Rand takes now will incur a statement from the Black caucus explaining how its guided by his deep seated racism. The playbook has been revealed.

What makes this the most amusing is if you polled minority communities and asked them if they approved of civil forfeitures, I am guessing they'd have a rather negative opinion of them. Shouldn't the Black caucus, as the defenders and advocates of oppressed minorities everywhere within this great land, take a stand against the practice? But that would result in going off script. More importantly, it would mean they miss a chance to label one of the GOP frontrunners a bigot. And we can't have that.

CONgresscritter racist bigots.

Quote Originally Posted by RP Supporter View Post
    What makes this the most amusing is if you polled minority communities and asked them if they approved of civil forfeitures, I am guessing they'd have a rather negative opinion of them. Shouldn't the Black caucus, as the defenders and advocates of oppressed minorities everywhere within this great land, take a stand against the practice?
    Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see the MSM paint civil forfeiture as a civil right, just to confuse the public.

At least randal is going out of the week on a highnote.

LOL. So it's okay if the AG economically brutalizes black people as long as she's black?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    LOL. So it's okay if the AG economically brutalizes black people as long as she's black?
    Thank you for bring that up. In his interview with Greta, he gave this same reason that asset forfeiture laws disproportionately affect poor, blacks and minorities and yet the idiots at the CBC still want to play the race card with this. Rand should call a news conference and call these people out for being sell outs to the community they claim to represent.

Also anyone else notice that the medical professional that was shown giving Rand the booster seems to be an African American. He lets African Americans give him injects, pals around with the black NJ senator and reaches out to black communities every chance he gets and yet its not enough to convince them that he is not a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Thank you for bring that up. In his interview with Greta, he gave this same reason that asset forfeiture laws disproportionately affect poor, blacks and minorities and yet the idiots at the CBC still want to play the race card with this. Rand should call a news conference and call these people out for being sell outs to the community they claim to represent.

Also anyone else notice that the medical professional that was shown giving Rand the booster seems to be an African American. He lets African Americans give him injects, pals around with the black NJ senator and reaches out to black communities every chance he gets and yet its not enough to convince them that he is not a racist.
    Yeah....that's because, as you well know, they have a political agenda. Really they're driven more by politics than race as shown by how they've treated black republicans in the past. I hope this new black woman congressman who just got elected can stir things up a bit.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Yep, it certainly seems that is what they are saying. It seems to me that this is what they are really saying: "How dare this white guy actually care about those in poverty. We will happily exploit those in poverty that belong to our race as long as the exploiting is done by a fellow black."
    Last edited by LibertyExtremist; 02-06-2015 at 04:14 PM.

loveshiscountry

“The Congressional Black Caucus recognizes Senator Paul’s unfounded argument as nothing but an excuse to keep an African American legal scholar from holding this high position

I guess the Congressional Black Caucus has never heard of the Redeem Act.

I really hope Rand doesn't go on the defensive because of this. When any remotely right-wing white gets accused of racism and tries to say that they aren't, it automatically concedes the narrative to their accusers and makes them look weak. He should come from a place of strength, unequivocally decry the attempt to turn this into a racial issue. This is a time to show strength and lash out at progressive narratives about race and politics, without dipping too deeply into the un-PC pool.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    the CBC is a bunch of racist mofos.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

I'm hoping this is the type of situation where Rand's having reached out to black communities, will create some pushback. I think most of the general public is unaware of what civil asset forfeiture is, or how it's used. If that were the case, perhaps the CBC's accusation would be accepted as real.

But Rand has already discussed the issue in depth with community leaders who see it up close, know it's unfair, and see their neighbors being abused by it - and long before Loretta Lynch got nominated. These people will recognize that this is not about "because he's racist". They will know the CBC is being dishonest here, and worse, the CBC doesn't care about how they are being affected! Let's hope they help publicize the issue and show Rand some support.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    I'm hoping this is the type of situation where Rand's having reached out to black communities, will create some pushback. I think most of the general public is unaware of what civil asset forfeiture is, or how it's used. If that were the case, perhaps the CBC's accusation would be accepted as real.

But Rand has already discussed the issue in depth with community leaders who see it up close, know it's unfair, and see their neighbors being abused by it - and long before Loretta Lynch got nominated. These people will recognize that this is not about "because he's racist". They will know the CBC is being dishonest here, and worse, the CBC doesn't care about how they are being affected! Let's hope they help publicize the issue and show Rand some support.
    I've personally had a couple political conversations with inner city blacks where I suggested that a lot of their problems with the police and local government come from bad policies rather than racism (as the Democrats are always claiming), and I found them very open to the idea. So, IMO there is fertile ground there, despite it appearing totally hopeless sometimes.

And now Rand is saying some good things about Holder, who is also black. There is a reason why nobody takes the CBC seriously. They're all race hustlers.

I wish a bunch of African-American representatives in Congress would get together and start a group called the Congressional Black Non-Racist Caucus. That would ruffle some feathers

Can Asians join the black caucus? Or is it only a black thing. How would it look if members of Congress created a White only Caucus? Who are the real racists here?

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    Can Asians join the black caucus? Or is it only a black thing. How would it look if members of Congress created a White only Caucus? Who are the real racists here?
    Jan Helfeld has entertainingly posed this question a few times in interviews: