Thread: Will we ever have another Amendment?

Will we ever have another Amendment?

With our new political system or power, I see no need for the Anendment process in the constition - do you? If there is to he change to the federal government, the president can make an executive order as we find with immigration, congress can pass laws as we find with the affordable care act, the courts can interpret the words of the constition as we find with the general welfare clause....not to mention the EPA and other powerful institutions making so many rules/regulations that the average person is clueless as to when they are or aren't in violation of an illegal act while changing their bathroom light with the "wrong" bulb. The states no longer have all that much power (the courts sont care much for the 10th Amendment and the states gave away their voice in the senate), and the people mostly think we live in a majority-rule democracy. So I ask again, why is there a need for the amendment process today or going forward? As a followup, why were the foundered so dumb as to even talk about Amendments - couldn't they have been smarter and just given us a king?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thin
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

I naively keep on hoping for TJ's amendment one of these days.

"I wish it were possible to obtain a single amendment to our constitution - taking from the federal government their power of borrowing." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    I naively keep on hoping for TJ's amendment one of these days.

"I wish it were possible to obtain a single amendment to our constitution - taking from the federal government their power of borrowing." - Thomas Jefferson
    It sounds like this TJ guy had a couple of good ideas