Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul Gets a Booster Vaccination

Rand Paul Gets a Booster Vaccination

Hard to imagine it was humanly possible to handle this better. http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...cination/?_r=0

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand is the most impressive politician I've seen in all my years watching politics.

Remember folks, this ^^^^^ is who the media calls anti vaxxer. Say anything slightly negative about vaccines, that vaccines is not the best thing ever, that it is slightly more harmful than a box of feathers and the media will label you an anti vaxxer.

Good on Rand. Hope the name callers will shut it after this move but I am not that hopeful.

It'll get twisted somehow.......

Some of those facebook comments in reaction to the the picture he posted are pretty funny (to me at least)

" I wonder how the anti-gun crowd will react to those GUNS, tho."

"This just in... Rand Paul using heroin and posting to Facebook"
    Last edited by libertyplz; 02-03-2015 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    Good on Rand. Hope the name callers will shut it after this move but I am not that hopeful.
    Now they'll just call him a flip-flopper and a panderer, but at least they'll have to drop the vaccine bull$#@!. There's no way to shut these crazies up

Quote Originally Posted by randomname View Post
    Now they'll just call him a flip-flopper and a panderer, but at least they'll have to drop the vaccine bull$#@!. There's no way to shut these crazies up
    WTF? How is it flip-flopping? He said he wants everyone to have the freedom of choice.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    WTF? How is it flip-flopping? He said he wants everyone to have the freedom of choice.
    Apparently being for freedom of choice makes you an anti-vaxxer now, even though in the same interview he stated how pro-vaccines he was. Also it wouldn't be the first time the media completely distorts something.

Quote Originally Posted by cajuncocoa View Post
    Yeah. Now Rand can go back to his original point: freedom of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudeman View Post
    . Also it wouldn't be the first time the media completely distorts something.
    Which is exactly what he spent half that "interview" pointing out.

Something Rand said too in that interview when he shut the interviewer up is: the state does not own our children. It was a passing comment, but these are the little glimpses of liberty I see in Rand, and I hope he continues with it.

Apparently being for freedom of choice makes you an anti-vaxxer now, even though in the same interview he stated how pro-vaccines he was. Also it wouldn't be the first time the media completely distorts something.
    Just another example of the insidious way in which the large media companies redefine terms in the middle of a debate. All we can really do is keep calling them out on it and not let this nonsense slide.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Something Rand said too in that interview when he shut the interviewer up is: the state does not own our children. It was a passing comment, but these are the little glimpses of liberty I see in Rand, and I hope he continues with it.
    I'm astonished by the fact that some still doubt Rand's bona fides. His entire political career has been one extended effort to smuggle the politics of Liberty under the radar of low-information voters.

He hasn't fooled the hard core neocons for one minute, so it's depressing how easily libertarian-types can be duped into declaring him a heretic.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    I'm astonished by the fact that some still doubt Rand's bona fides. His entire political career has been one extended effort to smuggle the politics of Liberty under the radar of low-information voters.

He hasn't fooled the hard core neocons for one minute, so it's depressing how easily libertarian-types can be duped into declaring him a heretic.
    ^ this!!
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Alex Jones says that vaccine shots lower IQ by ten points, but he should still do OK in the GOP debates, and later against Hillary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only show up to attack Trump when he is wrong
    Make America the Land of the Free & the Home of the Brave again

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand's pretty good at making hay through social media:

Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

This is awesome! Rand looks like he is enjoying having the sharp needle poked into his vein!!!
    Knowledge is Liberty!

I can't fathom how I lost even more respect for the media after today. It was a hellstorm of hypocrisy, lies, and deception.

Quote Originally Posted by Galileo Galilei View Post
    This is awesome! Rand looks like he is enjoying having the sharp needle poked into his vein!!!

It doesn't go into a vein, it goes into a muscle.

And the more you relax the muscle, the less it hurts. I used to get four shots a week for my asthma.

Clearly an arranged PR stunt; thus, making it nothing more than an insincere ploy. It really bothers me, the timing of this when also taking into consideration the major push for vaccinating by both the "Obama" administration and MSM—Bill O’Reilly. To me this makes Rand Paul appear to be nothing more than another of Obama’s harlequins on tap.

Rather than steadily challenging the status quo by stating sure take the vaccine if you want or not, it is your personal choice, just be certain your family fully understands its potential side-effects and lifelong consequences, but no I am not going to take it—for one it has already been shown to be largely ineffective, making it a pointless waste of my time at best—he exclaims: “Hey everyone look at me I just got me my tasty vaccination too!” Sorry, but that is one book I will be returning.

Being so willing to pay-to-play, while doing so may fool the ignorant masses, it will not fool the hep-cats and sadly when it comes to the suffrage it is the latter that retains control over the former.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Did we ever find out what this "booster" is for?

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    Clearly an arranged PR stunt; thus, making it nothing more than an insincere ploy. It really bothers me, the timing of this when also taking into consideration the major push for vaccinating by both the "Obama" administration and MSM—Bill O’Reilly. To me this makes Rand Paul appear to be nothing more than another of Obama’s harlequins on tap.

Rather than steadily challenging the status quo by stating sure take the vaccine if you want or not, it is your personal choice, just be certain your family fully understands its potential side-effects and lifelong consequences, but no I am not going to take it—for one it has already been shown to be largely ineffective, making it a pointless waste of my time at best—he exclaims: “Hey everyone look at me I just got me my tasty vaccination too!” Sorry, but that is one book I will be returning.

Being so willing to pay-to-play, while doing so may fool the ignorant masses, it will not fool the hep-cats and sadly when it comes to the suffrage it is the latter that retains control over the former.
    Rand is pro-vaccine so why wouldn't he get his vaccination? Just to prove a point that he is different than Obama?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand is pro-vaccine so why wouldn't he get his vaccination? Just to prove a point that he is different than Obama?
    Because it is a little late in the season to be taking vaccinations. The timing of this clearly staged photo-op is a bit disingenuous.

...Rather it would prove he is exactly like “Obama” or even Hillary Clinton: “Hillary Clinton likens anti-vaxxers to science deniers: ‘The earth is round, the sky is blue, and #vaccineswork’

But it points more to him trying to pandering to both ends of the field, more from his interview, Paul: Vaccines can cause 'profound mental disorders':

Washington (CNN) Sen. Rand Paul's blunt style led to a combative interview with a female reporter and controversial comments defending his insistence on voluntary vaccinations on Monday. During the interview, with CNBC's Kelly Evans.

Paul yawns, interrupts Evans and at one point motions for her to be quiet with a finger to his lips. He also reproaches her for a "slanted" interview that he says "got no useful information because you were argumentative, and you started out with so many presuppositions that were incorrect."

Paul, Christie show support for voluntary vaccines, who is an ophthalmologist, also asserts that he's heard of cases where vaccines have caused "profound mental disorders."

"I've heard of many tragic cases of walking, talking, normal children who wound up with profound mental disorders after vaccines," Paul said. "I'm not arguing vaccines are a bad idea. I think they're a good thing. But I think the parents should have some input."
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

Because it is a little late in the season to be taking vaccinations.
    I didn't realize there is a "season" for when you get your hepatitis A booster shot. citation?

according to wiki:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hepatitis_A_vaccine
    The vaccine should be given in the muscle of the upper arm and be given in two doses for the best protection. The initial dose of the vaccine should be followed up by a booster six to twelve months later.
    It said in the time.com article that he got his initial shot this summer before going to Guatemala to do his charity work. Which would mean that now just happens to be the right "season" for his followup booster. Do you have evidence that disputes this?

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Buzz, buzzy, buzz. All the bees in my bonnet...
    lolz I presumed it was a shot pertaining to the cold season or perhaps even the measles "outbreak"--I had never noticed any mention of what type of shot he was actually getting. However, why in the world would a healthy, middle aged, married man need a STD shot for--and in any case should he become infected with hep he could simply get a shot then within a two-week window?

...Certainly, it is your right to naively believe this is all attributable to perfect timing, just mere days after hundreds of articles are being posted about him being an anti-vaxxer, crack-pot, while happening to make a photo-op out of his visit to the doctor.

(Also your cited article notes that partial protection lasts 15-years and two-shot proteection 25-years. So time was not an issue here. And Rand is still 2-weeks away from reaching the minimum six-month mark for this booster.)

So kindly stuff that into you neg-rep and toke it up.

lolz I presumed it was a shot pertaining to the cold season or perhaps even the measles "outbreak"--I had never noticed any mention of what type of shot he was actually getting.
    It does happen to say in the thread title that it was a "booster" shot.

However, why in the world would a healthy, middle aged, married man need a STD shot for--and in any case should he become infected with hep he could simply get a shot then within a two-week window?
    I addressed this, he got the shot before going to Guatemala. Hep A vaccination is on the recommended list for visiting Guatemala.
    http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinat...-and-medicines
    Hepatitis A
    CDC recommends this vaccine because you can get hepatitis A through contaminated food or water in Guatemala, regardless of where you are eating or staying.
    I also recall reading that he was planning a similar trip to China, and the same vaccine (Hep-A) is recommended when visiting china as well.

The wiki page I cited recommends getting the 2 shots and protection from hepatitis is in a window of 2-4 weeks. So I would say a "2week" window is inefficient.

...Certainly, it is your right to naively believe this is all attributable to perfect timing, just mere days after hundreds of articles are being posted about him being an anti-vaxxer, crack-pot, while happening to make a photo-op out of his visit to the doctor.
    No, of course the photo-op is was related; but that doesn't mean he wasn't due for his booster shot. you said, "Because it is a little late in the season to be taking vaccinations" which was entirely incorrect. I just happened to correct it for you.

(Also your cited article notes that partial protection lasts 15-years and two-shot proteection 25-years. So time was not an issue here. And Rand is still 2-weeks away from reaching the minimum six-month mark for this booster.)
    You have a citation on the date when he got his initial shot? source please.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 02-04-2015 at 08:29 AM.

It does happen to say in the thread title that it was a "booster" shot.
    That could mean almost anything, pertaining to a second round of whatever magical vaccine:
    Stay Protected: Get a Tetanus Booster

August is National Immunization Awareness month -- a good time to ask your doctor about vaccine boosters you might need. These vaccine shots are advised for adults:

Tetanus.
    Chickenpox.
    Hepatitis A.
    Hepatitis B.
    Influenza.
    MMR.
    PPV.
    Meningococcal vaccine.
    HPV.
    The wiki page I cited recommends getting the 2 shots and protection from hepatitis is in a window of 2-4 weeks. So I would say a "2week" window is inefficient.
    He is already protected for the next 15-years, the booster merely extends that to 25-years.

No, of course the photo-op is was related; but that doesn't mean he wasn't due for his booster shot. you said, "Because it is a little late in the season to be taking vaccinations" which was entirely incorrect. I just happened to correct it for you.
    No, just that there is much more to the story than a simple, oh it was time for my booster shot, that is all, no big deal.

You have a citation on the date when he got his initial shot? source please.
    No, you were the one that raised the issue, so I went and found a news article from July, 2014 discussing him getting ready for his trip in middle of August. Also the booster is to be taken within a timeframe of 6-12 months after the first round. So again he's protected from this STD for at least the next 14-years.

He is already protected for the next 15-years, the booster merely extends that to 25-years.
    The booster is recommended. It makes sense that a medical professional that is travelling to areas where it is common would want the best protection possible.

So again he's protected from this STD for at least the next 14-years.
    STD? While it is possible for it to be transmitted via anilingus or oral sex; such is not the most common carrier.
    It is usually spread by eating or drinking food or water contaminated with infected feces.[2] Shellfish which have not been sufficiently cooked is a relatively common source.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hepatitis_A

So sure technically its an STD, but referring to it as such seems to be a bit of a misdirection on your part.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast