Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Baseball 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Feeding the Abscess View Post
    Carlos Gomez, Ryan Braun, Khris Davis, Aramis Ramirez. Jean Segura and Adam Lind are viable draft targets in a 20 team league, as well. Even one without a CI/MI/U spot.
    There's a lot of risk there.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bump, looks like we have 11 teams. We might not make it to 20 but an even number would be good. 14 is a deep enough league especially with the number of bench spots.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    You're not making the claim that there's no objective best diet, are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    If we end up with an odd number of teams we can always go roto rather than boot someone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.
    The epitome of libertarian populism

If we end up with an odd number of teams we can always go roto rather than boot someone.
    I won't ever play or commish another roto league again. I'm a huge baseball fan and the roto format bored me! I can only wonder what the casual fantasy player thinks; well, I actually know what they think through their behavior in roto leagues; they quit in drove. By June a lot of roto leagues are D.O.A.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    I won't ever play or commish another roto league again. I'm a huge baseball fan and the roto format bored me! I can only wonder what the casual fantasy player thinks; well, I actually know what they think through their behavior in roto leagues; they quit in drove. By June a lot of roto leagues are D.O.A.
    Most leagues are dead by June unless it's a league filled with dedicated players. This stands for roto and H2H formats.

Roto formats reward patience, planning, and skill over the course of a season. H2H leads to far too much variance throughout the season, and especially so in the fantasy playoffs. Roto is also much closer to the original version of fantasy baseball.
    Perhaps the most important lesson from Obamacare is that while liberty is lost incrementally, it cannot be regained incrementally. The federal leviathan continues its steady growth; sometimes boldly and sometimes quietly. Obamacare is just the latest example, but make no mistake: the statists are winning. So advocates of liberty must reject incremental approaches and fight boldly for bedrock principles.

Most leagues are dead by June unless it's a league filled with dedicated players. This stands for roto and H2H formats.

Roto formats reward patience, planning, and skill over the course of a season. H2H leads to far too much variance throughout the season, and especially so in the fantasy playoffs. Roto is also much closer to the original version of fantasy baseball.
    Maybe, but it's a heck of lot less fun.

Any chance we can move the draft from Saturday? I know it's late in the game but I missed the draft last year and some unexpected things have come up for me that day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by malkusm View Post
    Any chance we can move the draft from Saturday? I know it's late in the game but I missed the draft last year and some unexpected things have come up for me that day.
    Hmm, that would be tough. We have to draft before Sunday for sure.

Hmm, that would be tough. We have to draft before Sunday for sure.
    Later in the day Saturday (evening) would be better than the current midday time for me as well.

I just loathe autodraft, and this would be the only league I wouldn't be able to draft in two years running. Though obviously if other owners have a problem with it, don't move it simply to accomodate me.
    Last edited by malkusm; 04-01-2015 at 07:49 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Later in the day Saturday (evening) would be better than the current midday time for me as well.

I just loathe autodraft, and this would be the only league I wouldn't be able to draft in two years running. Though obviously if other owners have a problem with it, don't move it simply to accomodate me.
    I second this. Later in the evening would be better. I'm always busy mid day on weekends. Could we move it back a bit?

By evening you guys thinking 6:00 or 7:00pm? (central time)

^ Yeah either would be fine by me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Either is fine.
    SUPPORT LIBERTY IN 2016

when's fantasy football starting up again?

I changed the time of the Live Draft to 6:00pm (central)

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    when's fantasy football starting up again?
    You going to get in on this league thoughtomator? Football doesn't start for a long while. Baseball is a nice way to pass the time.

Nah, I have no interest in baseball, all it does is remind me of how the steroids scandal killed my childhood illusions.

Baseball has done a decent job of cleaning up their sport. Home runs are way down and power is a premium commodity now.

Aw man, I won't be available if it's at 7 eastern. Can't really get out of a Passover seder...
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    Aw man, I won't be available if it's at 7 eastern. Can't really get out of a Passover seder...
    Do your predraft ranking so you get the guys you want. Fill up that queue.

Do your predraft ranking so you get the guys you want. Fill up that queue.
    Will do.

I don't really know anything about fantasy sports but I do plan on staying active.

Looks like the league is full now
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    Will do.

I don't really know anything about fantasy sports but I do plan on staying active.

Looks like the league is full now
    Yup all full now. The draft looms!

The draft lobby should be open now guys! 30 mins till the official start.

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I'm off to a reasonably good start. Time will tell if my trade was a good idea. So that I can revisit in September:
    Received Robinson Cano + Matt Garza
    Gave Jose Abreu
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm off to a reasonably good start. Time will tell if my trade was a good idea. So that I can revisit in September:
    Gave Jose Abreu
    Big trade you pulled there.

Gave Jose Abreu
    I had another capable 2B in Wong, and you had another capable 1B in Votto, so our team needs matched up nicely.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast