Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dread Pirate Roberts "Hell's Angels Assassination Transcript"

Dread Pirate Roberts "Hell's Angels Assassination Transcript"

Dread Pirate Roberts 3/31/2013 8:59 : Don’t want to be a pain here, but the price seems high. Not long ago, I had a clean hit done for $80k.
    http://newsbtc.com/2015/02/03/fascin...on-transcript/

That problem was dealt with. I’ll try to catch you online to give you details. Just wanted to let you know right away so you have one less thing to worry about.
    http://www.wired.com/2015/02/read-tr...ssassinations/

his scheme spirals from merely tracking down a blackmailer to intimidate him, to hiring Hell’s Angels to kill that blackmailer, to paying those same hitmen a total of $650,000 to kill four more people.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I want to feel sorry for him because the consequences of getting caught during the war on drugs is the greatest atrocity the Government has imposed on its people since slavery.

On the flip-side Ross was a huge idiot for writing a journal documenting everything...keeping all his chats...never destroying PGP keys...never using a tumbler when moving coins...etc. Motherboard has a good article on this.

He may have had a jury nullification chance on the drug stuff with an appeal...but plotting to kill is incredibly retarded...especially for a self-proclaimed libertarian who should believe in non-aggression. Why he didn't just retire early and disappear with 6 figures of BTC's I'll never understand...

Although in this case, BECAUSE of the illegal and immoral war on drugs, the person he purportedly had killed was threatening the lives of many other innocents. Arguably legitimate defense of others and CERTAINLY well-deserved consequences for mr. blackmailer.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Although in this case, BECAUSE of the illegal and immoral war on drugs, the person he purportedly had killed was threatening the lives of many other innocents. Arguably legitimate defense of others and CERTAINLY well-deserved consequences for mr. blackmailer.
    Ya and it's hard to imagine they weren't govt. provocateurs.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

If you're dumb and violent enough to have someone "hit," I guess it makes sense that you're dumb enough to make transactions online to do so.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

I think presuming we know what actually happened here is to presume too much. Just IMO.

The government could well be making this up in order to make an alleged libertarian hero look bad.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

The black market sucks. The recourse you have is not legal no matter what it is.

Yep, fight blackmail with murder, free market at work.
    pcosmar's lie : There are more votes than registered Voters..

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    The black market sucks. The recourse you have is not legal no matter what it is.
    The price of freedom, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    If you're dumb and violent enough to have someone "hit," I guess it makes sense that you're dumb enough to make transactions online to do so.
    his whole case goes to show how no amount of cryptography will protect you if you're stupid enough to...be human.

1. how did somebody blackmail him? whoever blackmailed him knew who he was
    2. he had to know the person blackmailing him, I mean, you have to, to want to kill somebody
    3. he would've never been caught in connection with silk road if he wasn't an idiot using an email address with his real name to begin with
    4. when all said and done, you can't get away with crimes forever, if you make money committing crimes, you'll slip up when you spend it, or die young. Crime just doesn't pay.

Quote Originally Posted by muh_roads View Post
    He may have had a jury nullification chance on the drug stuff with an appeal...but plotting to kill is incredibly retarded...especially for a self-proclaimed libertarian who should believe in non-aggression. Why he didn't just retire early and disappear with 6 figures of BTC's I'll never understand...
    it's not aggression when you're killing somebody who "deserves it" (Acala's words), is it?

why didn't he cash out and retire? Because he's human. Not because he's retarded, but because he's not retarded. Humans never know when to walk away on a winning streak. Greed is knowing you're never satisfied, pure and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by PRB View Post
    it's not aggression when you're killing somebody who "deserves it" (Acala's words), is it?

why didn't he cash out and retire? Because he's human. Not because he's retarded, but because he's not retarded. Humans never know when to walk away on a winning streak. Greed is knowing you're never satisfied, pure and simple.
    If somebody holds a gun to the head of an innocent and threatens to kill them if you don't meet his demands, the law in most states, and my moral values system, says you can use deadly force to stop him from harming the innocent third party. I think the actual facts here are too uncertain to say for sure, but I could see a situation where a person makes a credible threat to unleash deadly forces upon innocent persons and in such a case, killing that person to stop the threat is justified.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

If somebody holds a gun to the head of an innocent and threatens to kill them if you don't meet his demands, the law in most states, and my moral values system, says you can use deadly force to stop him from harming the innocent third party.
    So you believe a person who hasn't harmed another person deserves to be killed?

I think the actual facts here are too uncertain to say for sure, but I could see a situation where a person makes a credible threat to unleash deadly forces upon innocent persons and in such a case, killing that person to stop the threat is justified.
    Credible threat hasn't been harmed.

Wow, he paid to have at least 5 people slaughtered? If so, dude, not cool.
    Last edited by William Tell; 02-04-2015 at 12:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

The price of freedom, isn't it?
    nope.
    A black market is proof of the Lack of Freedom.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

So you believe a person who hasn't harmed another person deserves to be killed?

Credible threat hasn't been harmed.
    I don't believe self-defense requires a person to wait until they have been harmed. The law in most states is that a person who is in reasonable fear of imminent death or serious bodily injury can use deadly force to stop the attack BEFORE it happens. If someone points a gun at me with what a reasonable person would believe is the intent to shoot me, I can shoot them first. The same rule typically applies for intervention on the behalf of another person. If instead of me the would-be murderer is pointing the gun at another person and I have a reasonable belief he is going to shoot that other person, I can shoot him first. I do not have to wait for the murder or rape or arson to actually happen.

"Deserved" is probably not the best word. I would restate it that a person who makes a credible threat to kill a bunch of other people for his own profit has nothing to complain about when he is killed first.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    There is no proof that they were actually killed. It was likely that he was paying Government stooges pretending to be hitmen.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    nope.
    A black market is proof of the Lack of Freedom.
    you mean to say, black market is the result of a regulated market, but black market participants are exercising freedom, are they not?

I don't believe self-defense requires a person to wait until they have been harmed. The law in most states is that a person who is in reasonable fear of imminent death or serious bodily injury can use deadly force to stop the attack BEFORE it happens. If someone points a gun at me with what a reasonable person would believe is the intent to shoot me, I can shoot them first. The same rule typically applies for intervention on the behalf of another person. If instead of me the would-be murderer is pointing the gun at another person and I have a reasonable belief he is going to shoot that other person, I can shoot him first. I do not have to wait for the murder or rape or arson to actually happen.
    This is basically PRE CRIME. The justification for drunk driving laws. Arrest and imprison somebody before he's harmed anybody. Threats are not crimes, no harm no crime.

There is no proof that they were actually killed. It was likely that he was paying Government stooges pretending to be hitmen.
    But if you are right he still paid to have people killed. He's just as much a scumbag whether the people he paid went through with it or not.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

But if you are right he still paid to have people killed. He's just as much a scumbag whether the people he paid went through with it or not.
    The War on Drugs itself causes people who were never violent to become violent to protect themselves.

I'm not justifying what he did...but the system at its root core is the problem.

BTW Ross was just found guilty on all accounts. May 30th is the sentencing. 20 to life. Will probably appeal since the Judge blocked evidence and testimony by the Defense from being put on record on numerous occasions.

This is basically PRE CRIME. The justification for drunk driving laws. Arrest and imprison somebody before he's harmed anybody. Threats are not crimes, no harm no crime.
    I didn't say anything about what is or is not a crime. I am talking about lawful use of deadly force in self-defense or defense of another.

To use deadly force in self-defense or defense of another from imminent death or serious bodily injury, you do NOT need to wait until the death blow has been delivered. That would be even more idiotic than the law typically is.

If you ever intend to use a gun to defend yourself, your home, or your loved ones, you need to know this law CLEARLY. Look at your state statute. I will quote the law of my own state:

"[A] person is justified in . . . using physical force against another when and to the extent a reasonable person would believe that physical force is immediately necessary to protect himself against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful physical force."

You do NOT need to wait until you have been attacked if you reasonably believe you WILL be. You may use deadly force to PREVENT a deadly attack from happening. Call it pre-crime if you like, but it is the law. And I agree with it. What you are suggesting would be moronic.

The War on Drugs itself causes people who were never violent to become violent to protect themselves.

I'm not justifying what he did...but the system at its root core is the problem.
    Black market big shots make money because of the war on drugs. I don't consider him a victim in the least. He made money off the fact that drugs are illegal. Presumably way more money than many narcotics officers. Hiring assassins to kill 5 people is not self defense.

Certainly the system is a problem. But it can't be blamed for all evil. If he really did hire assassins he is the only one to blame for that.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    http://www.wired.com/2015/02/silk-ro...richt-verdict/
    Ross Ulbricht Convicted of All 7 Charges
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

I didn't say anything about what is or is not a crime. I am talking about lawful use of deadly force in self-defense or defense of another.
    Same thing, really.

Black market big shots make money because of the war on drugs. I don't consider him a victim in the least. He made money off the fact that drugs are illegal. Presumably way more money than many narcotics officers. Hiring assassins to kill 5 people is not self defense.

Certainly the system is a problem. But it can't be blamed for all evil. If he really did hire assassins he is the only one to blame for that.
    I was hoping for nullification. If the case were that said five people were blackmailing him, threatening him with a few hundred years in a cage, his family ruined, etc. well, meh. I'd cry more over spilled piss.

To recognize that such a scenario (his rise to power as well as said informants looking to possibly extort him for his freedom and allegedly and subsequently being killed after the fact) was only made possible through the inane drug laws is simply just that. I don't excuse what he may have done and I don't know the exact circumstances.

Regardless it is clear to see that absent the drug laws being what they are now, his life would have probably been considerably different. Pushing for freedom and challenging the status quo with regards to entrepreneurial norms and technology, maybe he would have been 'legitimate' as well as wealthy? Guess we won't know... because to prevent his 'crimes' (the only few of which being said murders where a proper defense was not even allowed) everyone must be robbed to collectively pay for a five million dollar prosecution/incarceration. And that is a low figure. Their investigation alone probably tallied into the tens of millions.

The DEA sells drugs. They regulate and are directly involved in the pimping of them to children too. Maybe they were upset that he wouldn't become an informant? That he shrugged at their good cop, bad cop, shenanigans? It's funny who is allowed to sell cocaine (though this gentleman never directly or provably sold any, I don't believe) and who is not. Look at the sort of people the DEA routinely covers for in said trafficker's cocaine/murder/gun running schemes. It's almost as if they are incompetent, politicized whores.

Norwin Meneses comes to mind but the list is quite long. Their entire history is full of similar fail.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Same thing, really.

Disbarred lawyer/law school dropout?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

The movement should definitely not throw any support behind this guy just because he claims to have shared ideals. Hiring a vicious biker gang to murder people is not acceptable under any framework. Certain circles I was involved with had one percent bikers on the periphery, and they are brutal, horrendous human beings.

It's one thing to offer a service to customers, it's quite another to try and murder people to maintain your business. I know people are saying they were government operatives (which I've seen no actual evidence for), but even if they were, he contracted people to be killed. There's no excuse for that, and saying you can kill people who were going to aggress against others is a slippery slope. By that standard, you could argue it's okay to kill politicians, or cops or maybe even government workers or welfare recipients. It's not a road to go down.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    The movement should definitely not throw any support behind this guy just because he claims to have shared ideals. Hiring a vicious biker gang to murder people is not acceptable under any framework. Certain circles I was involved with had one percent bikers on the periphery, and they are brutal, horrendous human beings.

It's one thing to offer a service to customers, it's quite another to try and murder people to maintain your business. I know people are saying they were government operatives (which I've seen no actual evidence for), but even if they were, he contracted people to be killed. There's no excuse for that, and saying you can kill people who were going to aggress against others is a slippery slope. By that standard, you could argue it's okay to kill politicians, or cops or maybe even government workers or welfare recipients. It's not a road to go down.
    Some people do indeed go down "that road", its quite common in ancap circles actually (though of course there are plenty of ancaps who won't "go there." (I've never heard of anyone go as far as "welfare recipients" though.) But really, I don't think that's the main question here. Of course it was wrong if he hired assassins. My real question is; did he actually hire assassins? Or is this just government being like "see, this is why drugs need to be illegal"?
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast