Thread: John Bolton Is Considering Running For President…And Debating Rand Paul

John Bolton Is Considering Running For President…And Debating Rand Paul

Former Bush administration United Nations ambassador John Bolton wants the 2016 Republican primary to focus on national security. In order to accomplish that, he wants America to know that he’s considering running for president.

“I don’t see why it shouldn’t be a John Bolton vs. Rand Paul debate,” Bolton told The Daily Caller, revising a question about whether the 2016 foreign policy split will center on hawkish Jeb Bush against libertarian-leaning Rand Paul.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/02/02/jo...ing-rand-paul/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think it would be a good thing if Bolton runs. If the result is a bunch polarized Bolton vs. Paul debate spats, it helps Rand distinguish himself from the other "Tea Party" candidates, and saps Cruz, Rubio, Walker, Christie, etc. of their ability to differentiate from Rand on hawkishness.

I think having someone like Bolton who will actually articulate the neocon view in some depth and is open to really discussing it is better than the standard neocons who talk in soundbites and never provide the opportunity to really openly debate things like blowback.
    Last edited by economics102; 02-03-2015 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by economics102 View Post
    I think it would be a good thing if Bolton runs. If the result is a bunch polarized Bolton vs. Paul debate spats, it helps Rand distinguish himself from the other "Tea Party" candidates, and saps Cruz, Rubio, Walker, Christie, etc. of their ability to differentiate from Rand on hawkishness.

I think having someone like Bolton who will actually articulate the neocon view in some depth and is open to really discussing it is better than the standard neocons who talk in soundbites and never provide the opportunity to really openly debate things like blowback.
    No because they get a fringe candidate like Bolton to do the dirty work of the establishment so they don't look insane. Then people don't like the negativity with Rand and vote for someone else.

So now Graham, King, and Bolton? The GOP primary is going to be neocon central in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    So now Graham, King, and Bolton? The GOP primary is going to be neocon central in 2016.
    Along with Rubio and Walker, there's very little difference between any of them

Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Yeah, people like Rubio and Walker seem to be not as bad just because they're nicer and not as demonstrative, but the policy is still pretty identical.

Yeah, people like Rubio and Walker seem to be not as bad just because they're nicer and not as demonstrative, but the policy is still pretty identical.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/...bush-doctrine/

Graham, King and Bolton? Pffff... the neoconservative movement needs bolder and more visionary leadership. Dick Cheney 2016!

Actually, none of the current arch-neocons are skilled politicians and are really weak candidates. Essentially they are jokes. Someone like Tom Cotton though, should be feared in a couple of years.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlord View Post
    Sounds like a movie that we've seen before.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

I want to know what Paul Ryan is up to. Has he really been told to shut up for Bush?
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    I want to know what Paul Ryan is up to. Has he really been told to shut up for Bush?
    He's supposedly busy crafting the GOP replacement for Obamacare.

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    Sounds like a movie that we've seen before.
    The one starring rudy mcromney?
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

lolol.... Doesn't his KFC restaurants keep him busy enough?

I suppose the more the better. Rand won't have any trouble drawing crowds and should draw the biggest and with a crowded field this should play well into the minds of people as to who the top candidate is. I more worried about last second fake as polls, creating an artificial surge. Now that's one you definitely don't wanna get caught sitting on....