Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who is your choice for VP?

Who is your choice for VP?

If it was your choice to assign Rand Paul a running mate, who would be your choice? (and why, if you care to say)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyJeff View Post
    If it was your choice to assign Rand Paul a running mate, who would be your choice? (and why, if you care to say)
    Why do you ask?

Tell me your pick and I'll tell you mine.

Who is your choice for VP?

MITT ROMNEY!!!?
    Last edited by Crashland; 02-02-2015 at 09:19 PM.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Why do you ask?
    Late night curiosity

Late night curiosity

Who would you say is a good VP candidate? Assuming that he actually runs?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Tell me your pick and I'll tell you mine.
    John Kasich. He's not my pick in a perfect world but he's a running mate that can help Rand win the election (ohio is a good state to deliver and a Gov mixes well with a Sen), and he isn't polar opposite on many of Rand's views/platform.

You?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hm. John Kasich, huh. I pick Sarah Palin.

There have been a few polls posted. We're overdue for another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Hm. John Kasich, huh. I pick Sarah Palin.
    Seriously

Judge Andrew Napolitano.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Not this again.

John Kasich. He's not my pick in a perfect world but he's a running mate that can help Rand win the election (ohio is a good state to deliver and a Gov mixes well with a Sen), and he isn't polar opposite on many of Rand's views/platform.

You?
    Is the primary purpose of the VP pick to win the election? I would ask first what role you envision Randal having his VP perform. Depending on the role, I might pick John Mackey.

Seriously
    Yeah, I like my pop large.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 02-04-2015 at 03:13 AM.

Pat Paulson.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    MASSIE
    Last edited by presence; 02-02-2015 at 11:28 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

I still think he has to pick someone who's fairly close to him ideologically. He can't just pick someone who's radically different from him on fundamental issues, like the foreign policy issues. So I think either Amash or Raul Labrador would be his best choice.

It should be someone who strongly supports Israel. It's important that Israel's interests are protected.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Personally, I think Justin Amash would be great. But I think it'll be someone I'm less comfortable with.

No one, so far, would go with Ben Carson? He's not a true establishment guy. Does he not offer much though?

maybe he should ask his father!

edit: Rand's Father
    Last edited by TommyJeff; 02-03-2015 at 06:19 AM. Reason: Ron Paul

I don't see Gary Johnson's name yet - any reason he and Rand wouldn't get along?

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    I still think he has to pick someone who's fairly close to him ideologically. He can't just pick someone who's radically different from him on fundamental issues, like the foreign policy issues. So I think either Amash or Raul Labrador would be his best choice.
    Is Kasich radically different? Id agree they aren't super aligned as a pair, but aren't you looking for 'some' differing views (so long as they aren't radically opposite as you point out) in a VP? If they agree on every issue the vp isn't even needed. And if the vp doesn't offer much, shouldn't they at least provide the votes from a swing state?
    Amash or Labrador are great too, I don't mean to skip that part of your post, just trying to open a dialog.

Is Kasich radically different? Id agree they aren't super aligned as a pair, but aren't you looking for 'some' differing views (so long as they aren't radically opposite as you point out) in a VP? If they agree on every issue the vp isn't even needed. And if the vp doesn't offer much, shouldn't they at least provide the votes from a swing state?
    Amash or Labrador are great too, I don't mean to skip that part of your post, just trying to open a dialog.
    I would say they're pretty radically different, yes.

http://www.theamericanconservative.c...oreign-policy/

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I posted that more for one of the comments than the article itself.

I worked in Kasich’s political apparatus in Ohio, and you can take it to the bank that he is a neocon. He is strongly supported by Adelson. His number one political confidant was a backer of Gingrich in the 2012 primary (another politician supported by Adelson), and his hand-picked chairman of the Ohio Republican Party worked for Dick Cheney. If you ever walk into the ORP headquarters you will find many copies of the Weekly Standard lying around, not the TAX and not even National Review.

Massie is in Kentucky so can't run as Rand's VP.

Justin is not eligible due to his parents.

Kasich is a NEOCON
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-On-The-Record

High caution concerning Carson.
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...-On-The-Record

Please read:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...nd-Information

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    I posted that more for one of the comments than the article itself.
    Crap. Thank for sharing. Now I need to pick someone else

Ben Carson. Let's give two doctors a shot (pun intended) for a change. We know from many painful examples that two lawyers really sucks.
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 02-03-2015 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    MASSIE
    We need Senator Thomas Massie

Tom McClintock

He doesn't meet any of the gender, race, swing state criteria, but he votes mostly libertarian without the libertarian label. He also seems to be well known in California too. It'd also be a pick no one would expect.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast