Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Intelligent People Stay Up Late, Do More Drugs, And Have More Sex

Intelligent People Stay Up Late, Do More Drugs, And Have More Sex

http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphysi...have-more-sex/

Research Shows Intelligent People Stay Up Late, Do More Drugs, And Have More Sex
    By Steven Bancarz January 27, 2015

What is the mark of an intelligent mind in our day and age? When we think of intelligent people, we may have been conditioned to envision them in a library somewhere studying. We associate intelligence with social reservation and good behaviour.

But what if the opposite were true? What if the ones who are most intelligent are engaging in behaviours grandma and grandpa wouldn’t approve of? Times have changed, and people who have a higher intelligence aren’t always interested in studying and following the rules.

This may sound a bit shocking, but a series of studies have come out showing that intelligent people stay up later, do more drugs, and have more sex. The people in our society who have the highest IQs are noctural and enjoy indulging in drugs and sex more often than people with a lower IQ.

Here is a list of the three studies that should completely change the way we think about intelligence and behaviour:
    - See more at: http://www.spiritscienceandmetaphysi....4Xnaw9Wj.dpuf
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Keep in mind though that sleep deprivation can contribute to early alzheimer's. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_4992547.html

I always thought the intelligent folks got up early, did more drugs and had more sex...

The kops are out prowling late at night so it seemed kinda stupid to be chasing tail and getting a buzz during their time.

Then again I ain't much for smarts.......

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    I always thought the intelligent folks got up early, did more drugs and had more sex...

The kops are out prowling late at night so it seemed kinda stupid to be chasing tail and getting a buzz during their time.

Then again I ain't much for smarts.......
    You're suppose to be home having sex and doing drugs until the wee hours.

Weak article. It defines "intelligence" with IQ numbers, but this is far from settled science-that is, WRT how to properly define and measure "intelligence".

Depriving oneself of sleep doesn't sound "intelligent" to me. It is well known that insufficient rest prevents adequate time for the body to recover from a day's work and harms memory and other mental faculties over time.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 01-31-2015 at 05:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

If zippy and hb were smart, they would know that staying up late doesn't necessitate depriving oneself of sleep. It's called "sleeping in". I slept in until almost 1pm today.
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    As a young man I enjoyed my women and dope much more in the early morning when I was fresh...

As an old man I enjoy my woman early in the morning when I'm fresh and then pine for the stamina youth and dope provided...

The study found that people with high childhood and adulthood IQs went to bed about half an hour later each night than people of normal intelligence, and 30 minutes later than people of lower intellectual ability.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Sorry, fellows, the rebellion is off. We couldn't get a rebellion permit."

Another sex related thread from Danno

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    If zippy and hb were smart, they would know that staying up late doesn't necessitate depriving oneself of sleep. It's called "sleeping in". I slept in until almost 1pm today.
    You do realize that there are a limited amount of hours per day in which to sleep, yes? If you stay awake during hours your body expects to be sleeping, you are depriving yourself of sleep and preventing proper recovery from whatever you did during the day. (yes, sleep rhythms are very real and measurable)
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 01-31-2015 at 05:42 PM.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I can verify dannno was up drinking red wine, not sure what else he was doing.

U have a dannno cam?

Does the type of sex matter?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

That's right...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    U have a dannno cam?

No.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    I think the sex they're referring to requires at least one (live) partner.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Another sex related thread from Danno
    This is more about intelligence than sex.

Posting religious threads is better why exactly?

Weak article. It defines "intelligence" with IQ numbers, but this is far from settled science-that is, WRT how to properly define and measure "intelligence".

Depriving oneself of sleep doesn't sound "intelligent" to me. It is well known that insufficient rest prevents adequate time for the body to recover from a day's work and harms memory and other mental faculties over time.
    It may be hard to quantify with hard numbers, but it is a fact that some people are just smarter than others. I do not believe you could take any random infant from birth and, 90% of the time with proper raising and education, make them into the next Albert Einstein. Einstein had something fundamental and inherent that most people simply do not have, however you want to measure or define it, and the thing he had that others do not is called intelligence.
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

Belle Knox.

Yea you're supposed to be having sex with a real person.

This is more about intelligence than sex.

Posting religious threads is better why exactly?

Sex and religion are very closely intertwined...that's the ironic thing. Almost impossible to talk about one without making inferences about/drawing inferences from the other.
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

You do realize that there are a limited amount of hours per day in which to sleep, yes? If you stay awake during hours your body expects to be sleeping, you are depriving yourself of sleep and preventing proper recovery from whatever you did during the day. (yes, sleep rhythms are very real and measurable)
    There are 24 hours in the day in which to sleep. That is a limited number, true.

I've personally worked it out to where my sleep schedule during the week is approximately midnight - 8am, and on the weekends it can vary, but maybe 2am or so to 10am or as late as noon if I'm feeling extra lazy or am catching up on sleep.

That's pretty steady, steady enough for me anyway. I do like my full 8 hrs, I wish I could do with 6 or 7 or less every day but I can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Preferably, yes, but I think the studies merely showed that more intelligent people were open to having more open sexual relations and generally increasing their sexual happiness and well-being. Sometimes smarter people actually have a more difficult time finding a real person. They also bought more sex toys.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by willwash View Post
    It may be hard to quantify with hard numbers, but it is a fact that some people are just smarter than others. I do not believe you could take any random infant from birth and, 90% of the time with proper raising and education, make them into the next Albert Einstein. Einstein had something fundamental and inherent that most people simply do not have, however you want to measure or define it, and the thing he had that others do not is called intelligence.
    A type of intelligence, sure. Did you know that Einstein had to carry change in his shoe because he got lost almost every time he left home? He would get out the change and call his wife for directions back home. This is a symptom of a number of mental disorders/deficiencies. At any rate, this "thing" you speak of is too vague to be of any use, AFAICT.

While IQ isn't the entirety of intelligence measurement, it is an indicator of scientific thinking. While some cultures may not place as much emphasis on scientific thinking, it can be safely linked to intelligence in some way. That said, I knew this before this article said it. Intelligent people seek more novel experiences than those who don't think outside the box as much and would rather go the established path. Some of the best ways to do that without disturbing your chances at success in society is to do drugs and have sex in privacy, and what's a good time to have the best chance at privacy? You guessed it, the night time. Night is the best time for novel experiences because you're under cover of darkness and you are often alone either with yourself or whomever you choose to be with at that time. Although it can be risky, many, many intelligent people get away with drug use. Many of them are also very successful.

I've always been naturally nocturnal. Dannno could probably tell you the story about how I lost my virginity.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

My brother has us all beat. I usually stay up until at least 1 or 2 am, but I don't even know when he goes to bed and he usually wakes up well into the afternoon, usually about 4pm.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Vs. an unreal person, i.e. a typical woman?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    While IQ isn't the entirety of intelligence measurement, it is an indicator of scientific thinking. While some cultures may not place as much emphasis on scientific thinking, it can be safely linked to intelligence in some way. That said, I knew this before this article said it. Intelligent people seek more novel experiences than those who don't think outside the box as much and would rather go the established path. Some of the best ways to do that without disturbing your chances at success in society is to do drugs and have sex in privacy, and what's a good time to have the best chance at privacy? You guessed it, the night time. Night is the best time for novel experiences because you're under cover of darkness and you are often alone either with yourself or whomever you choose to be with at that time. Although it can be risky, many, many intelligent people get away with drug use. Many of them are also very successful.

I've always been naturally nocturnal. Dannno could probably tell you the story about how I lost my virginity.

Vs. And unreal person, i.e. a typical woman?
    Roxxxy counts, throw in skank mode and enjoy the ride Danke.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast