Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Intelligent People Stay Up Late, Do More Drugs, And Have More Sex

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Creativity comes from living life. If one does not experience then how can one write, draw, paint, create? I have been getting into lucid dreaming now that I have come to the point of actually sleeping. I can't dictate most of anything. Most importantly what my subconscious chooses for the evenings entertainment. I follow and then I adapt. I've made love to some hot women that I've never met that were amalgamations, certainly, of all the women I've met. I've used "gyro-thrusters" out of my hands and feet that allowed me to battle vampires.

These things left me waking wanting to return.

Nothing. Wrong. With. Sleep.
    Avant garde artists will just randomly throw stuff at a canvas or turn everything into a math problem(i.e. serialism). No life experience necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Creativity comes from living life. If one does not experience then how can one write, draw, paint, create? I have been getting into lucid dreaming now that I have come to the point of actually sleeping. I can't dictate most of anything. Most importantly what my subconscious chooses for the evenings entertainment. I follow and then I adapt. I've made love to some hot women that I've never met that were amalgamations, certainly, of all the women I've met. I've used "gyro-thrusters" out of my hands and feet that allowed me to battle vampires.

These things left me waking wanting to return.

Nothing. Wrong. With. Sleep.
    Avant garde artists will just randomly throw stuff at a canvas or turn everything into a math problem(i.e. serialism). No life experience necessary.

Which could be why nobody but academics and the eccentric types like yours truly enjoy avant garde art. (well, I appreciate it. I only like certain things like Pierrot Luniere and a lot of graphic design)
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Art is subjective. There is an elephant in the Philipines or Thailand that mimics Jackson Pollack at the behest of it's master for a reward of food. Jackson didn't do what he did for reward.
    As an artist, yes I consider myself one, I can tell you the monetary gain meant nothing.
    Do you think that Pollack had no life experience that lead him to his artistic creations?

Art is subjective. There is an elephant in the Philipines or Thailand that mimics Jackson Pollack at the behest of it's master for a reward of food. Jackson didn't do what he did for reward.
    As an artist, yes I consider myself one, I can tell you the monetary gain meant nothing.
    Do you think that Pollack had no life experience that lead him to his artistic creations?
    Probably not. But that has nothing to do with the post you quoted. I was responding to your point that "Creativity comes from living life. If one does not experience then how can one write, draw, paint, create?" The experience of the 20th century tells us that is not true. Then there's commercial art which serves only to make a product/advert attractive. That art is normally just created according to what the client wants to communicate visually. Doing that is just a day job. (or freelance gig)

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Probably not. But that has nothing to do with the post you quoted. I was responding to your point that "Creativity comes from living life. If one does not experience then how can one write, draw, paint, create?" The experience of the 20th century tells us that is not true. Then there's commercial art which serves only to make a product/advert attractive. That art is normally just created according to what the client wants to communicate visually. Doing that is just a day job. (or freelance gig)
    I (almost) graduated form A.I.A. Got hired away for a friends little firm before graduation. NOTHING I did was about the salary. The hours would have put me so far below minimum wage. Lol. The burning passion, even b4 photoshop was invented, was my life. Don't even tell me that commercial art is "just a day job." Art is in the doing.

I (almost) graduated form A.I.A. Got hired away for a friends little firm before graduation. NOTHING I did was about the salary. The hours would have put me so far below minimum wage. Lol. The burning passion, even b4 photoshop was invented, was my life. Don't even tell me that commercial art is "just a day job." Art is in the doing.
    Okay, scratch that. Commercial art can be very rewarding. I wouldn't have pursued it if it weren't. But commercial design is done for clients-not much room for creativity once the client picks a rough and want you to make a final from it. :/ To be clear, I'm distinguishing art that is strictly for commercial purposes (advertisements and such) from artistic graphic design like you'll find on my website.

ETA: You used the "traditional" layout process, yes? (the sort that involves putting the elements together physically and then photographing the result to create the final proof for print) I've only dabbled in that, but it's fun.
    Last edited by heavenlyboy34; 01-31-2015 at 11:48 PM.

Okay, scratch that. Commercial art can be very rewarding. I wouldn't have pursued it if it weren't. But commercial design is done for clients-not much room for creativity once the client picks a rough and want you to make a final from it. :/ To be clear, I'm distinguishing art that is strictly for commercial purposes (advertisements and such) from artistic graphic design like you'll find on my website.

ETA: You used the "traditional" layout process, yes? (the sort that involves putting the elements together physically and then photographing the result to create the final proof for print) I've only dabbled in that, but it's fun.
    Letraset, copy machines, Mac Draw and Mac Paint. Lol. I crack myself up thinking I was cutting edge at the time. Well. I was. Still cracks me up.

Nopers. Drugs, alcohol, sex and rock-n-roll work fine with regards to creativity....

True, it's not a permanent replacement. However, creative wise, I found these things to be enhancements.
    You basically just said the same thing he said. Notice he never claimed that drugs inhibited creativity.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    You basically just said the same thing he said. Notice he never claimed that drugs inhibited creativity.
    True. I think we hashed that out in our later posts. But I appreciate your awareness.

A lot of very good art is made by people who seem to avoid living life, locking themselves away and allowing thoughts to fester, taking them wherever they may. Much of creativity comes from within the mind. Very little life experience is needed to be creative, but first you have to consider whether being creative is worth spending much of your time alone. Many people take this leap, others choose to surround themselves with friends and social interactions that fill the void that artists would fill with drugs, sex and other sorts of experimentation that lead them to their inner discoveries. People who have busy lives never feel the need to express themselves in this way because this area of their life is already fulfilled.

To each their own. You can be a socialite or a loner who explores human consciousness, but it is nigh impossible to be good at both simultaneously.

Probably less than you might expect. Most of it comes from within.

Probably less than you might expect. Most of it comes from within.
    He drove his kind of realism at me so hard I bounced right into nonobjective painting.
    Jackson Pollock

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pollock was the Glow in the Dark SPlatterfest painter wasnt he?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

A lot of very good art is made by people who seem to avoid living life, locking themselves away and allowing thoughts to fester, taking them wherever they may. Much of creativity comes from within the mind. Very little life experience is needed to be creative, but first you have to consider whether being creative is worth spending much of your time alone. Many people take this leap, others choose to surround themselves with friends and social interactions that fill the void that artists would fill with drugs, sex and other sorts of experimentation that lead them to their inner discoveries. People who have busy lives never feel the need to express themselves in this way because this area of their life is already fulfilled.

To each their own. You can be a socialite or a loner who explores human consciousness, but it is nigh impossible to be good at both simultaneously.
    True. I'm somewhere between those extremes, though more inclined to the loner type.

Art inspired by DMT and psylocybin:

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Dannno--that kind of "art" is what I really dislike about most drug-inspired works. Van Gogh, Picasso, or even a scribble on a piece of paper is better than that glow-in-the-dark crap. Maybe I don't understand because I've never done LSD or 'shrooms, etc--it just looks gaudy, tacky and crappy to me.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

lol, it's not glow in the dark.

You're right tho, it helps to be on shrooms or LSD. All art looks better on shrooms and LSD, but this stuff in particular sticks out. When I say sticks out, it breathes and looks 3D and probably one of the cooler things I've ever seen, ever. Dull colors are very vibrant on these substances, so the brighter stuff looks like something you've never seen before. I had a really good time at the Getty Museum on mushrooms one time too, saw some original Van Gogh's and that was pretty cool.

You should check them again more carefully tho, it's not the glow in the dark art you buy in headshops. There is some exquisite detail in some of them. Not saying you would want to hang them on the wall in your house necessarily but they are fun to view.
    Last edited by dannno; 02-03-2015 at 02:43 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

i stay up late all the time. drugs...not at all, but beer sometimes yes on the weekends.....sex...LOLOLOLOLOL hardly

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123