Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Buy the Farm

Normally I hate the idea of a reverse mortgage, but in your situation I could see that working well for you and you could stay there for the rest of your life and be getting an income from the property in the meantime. If that is not something you would consider, I'll try to think of something else. Wish I could help Pete.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Original_Intent View Post
    Normally I hate the idea of a reverse mortgage, but in your situation I could see that working well for you and you could stay there for the rest of your life and be getting an income from the property in the meantime. If that is not something you would consider, I'll try to think of something else. Wish I could help Pete.
    I am not old enough for a Reverse Mortgage,, or for Social Security. Not that it would be enough to live on anyway.

And this house is larger than I need by myself.

I am resigned to let it go.
    Sale or no sale I am out of here in one month.. either with a little money.. or with none.

I will drive a truck west,, at which point I will become vapor and smoke once again.

Either someone gets a deal on a nice home,,, or the state and scavengers get it.

I ain't begging,, I am offering someone a deal. If no one wants it,, so be it.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 05-16-2015 at 04:22 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Not even considering renting it out? Rent to own? Anything like that?
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Not even considering renting it out? Rent to own? Anything like that?
    Might,,

No one has made any offer.. any offer..
    none.

I am not expecting top dollar and have stated that repeatedly..

I have tried to describe the "value" of it. But value is subjective..

Tax value is $54K
    I paid $145K.
    Insurance company put the insured value at $230K (in 2006)
    Land around here (unimproved) goes $1500 an acre. (20 acres)

It is zoned Residential/Commercial/Agricultural/Industrial (you can do anything with it)
    It is located on the Main East/West truck route. A couple miles from I-75 the North South route.

It has two electrical services in place.

It is a deal..

If someone gave the tax value (below market) and put an equal amount into repair/upgrades it would still be an incredible deal.

I thought people here understood something about economics and investment..

perhaps I am mistaken.
    Last edited by pcosmar; 05-16-2015 at 06:01 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Might,,

No one has made any offer.. any offer..
    none.

I am not expecting top dollar and have stated that repeatedly..

I have tried to describe the "value" of it. But value is subjective..

Tax value is $54K
    I paid $145K.
    Insurance company put the insured value at $230K (in 2006)
    Land around here (unimproved) goes $1500 an acre. (20 acres)

It is zoned Residential/Commercial/Agricultural/Industrial (you can do anything with it)
    It is located on the Main East/West truck route. A couple miles from I-75 the North South route.

It has two electrical services in place.

It is a deal..

If someone gave the tax value (below market) and put an equal amount into repair/upgrades it would still be an incredible deal.

I thought people here understood something about economics and investment..

perhaps I am mistaken.
    I don't think that most don't understand the economics, but I do think that very few are in the market for a UP land investment. If you were closer to my 15 acres, I'd consider some options, but I can't.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

When is the final move out day? My girlfriend is somewhat receptive to the idea, but our dreams of homesteading has been with more acreage and a stream/lake/river. I am trying to convince her, and have been since I seen this bumped in early may, that this property could be a good means for attaining our dream property in the future. I'm starting to lose a little hope seeing June near, so that's why I'm wondering when a deal needs to be in the works by. Hope all is well!

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mark it sold..
    I guess Honey made a deal on it today.
    Ron Paul 2004

It's all about Freedom

Mark it sold..
    That's good to hear, Pete. Given the market. Sorry for you as it is a place you wanted to stay in but glad you were able to get a sale.

Mark it sold..

Great news! I am happy for you all.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234