Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My kid is better at video games than I am.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    So about 6months ago my kid started playing video games, first on the tablet, then on wife's Nintendo ds and now on the WIIU. I realized last night that he is already better at it than I am. I dunno how to feel about that as I've got a couple decades of experience on him. I'm still better at some stuff that requires fine motor control or Mario kart; but otherwise he is better at stuff like lego star wars or smash bros. I had already come to grips with the fact that my wife can beat me at video games and I can live with that; but now suddenly I'm the worst gamer in the house.

Smash bro's, use Ike. The only hero that my son cant beat me with. "You'll get no sympathy from me..."

Otherwise, its your opportunity to show the young'n how to be a good loser. I dont let my son win, he always wins (sometimes) fair and square.

I cant think of anything I enjoy more than fishing or playing video games with my kids. We're playing Lego Starwars too, but in that game we're always on the same team.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Guess what the digital finger $#@!ers can't wrap their heads around?

Analog Pinball.

I've destroyed some very good "gamers" at a simple game of pinball.

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    That's not it. I want nothing more than for my spawn to surpass me in every conceivable way. I just thought I'd have a few more freaking years before he was better at video games.

I'm sure it probably only took you about 10 minutes to embrace it--gonna be fun when he's older and he thinks you're incompetent, then comes full circle to the realize that you aren't.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    When faced with those situations, challenge them to arm wrestling.
    I think she'd beat me at that if she practiced for about a half-hour.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

My daughter at 2 picked up the iPad and went on to blow my mind with her intelligence. We put learning games on it (which cloud has 4 carrots in it) which she did incredibly well with. Now at 3 she can do simple add and subtract math. I credit the early learning games on the iPad, the math came after that every time she wants marshmallows in her hot chocolate we do math with the marshmallows first.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12