Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My kid is better at video games than I am.

My kid is better at video games than I am.

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-16-2016 at 09:34 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What if there were cheats that were given in only a frequency that the kid can hear? Ah haaaaaa.....

//

Good for him. My daughter sucks at video games still. Her favorite is a Temple Run clone. She doesn't do controller games.
    I suppose my search for a Soul Calibur equal will go longer than I thought.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I knew there must be some conspiracy behind it!

They're just good at games, I suppose. I loathe them greatly (well...most of them just because of the content/propaganda...the modern games) but my son plays them. I think he's like one of the top 100 on xbox one something or other. I don't know what it is. Some kind of list. He mainly plays shooting games, I think. And I despise that grand theft auto game. It programs them to be thugs and glorifies the behavior in my personal view.

But, you know, it's one of the reasons that these youth are able to self teach before they ever walk through the doors of any school. They are technology's only true masters at the moment. The first generation. They have lived their whole lives with it.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 01-30-2015 at 03:31 PM.

Oh yeah, hands down, the kids around here pwn the video game space. No contest.

My little guy loves to kill me dead over and over again.

One area they don't touch me, though -- Tiger Woods PGA. As in, they don't play, so I win by default.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

I had already come to grips with the fact that my wife can beat me at video games and I can live with that
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

My kids are way better than me. The only games I'm really good at are the old Spyro games.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So about 6months ago my kid started playing video games, first on the tablet, then on wife's Nintendo ds and now on the WIIU. I realized last night that he is already better at it than I am. I dunno how to feel about that as I've got a couple decades of experience on him. I'm still better at some stuff that requires fine motor control or Mario kart; but otherwise he is better at stuff like lego star wars or smash bros. I had already come to grips with the fact that my wife can beat me at video games and I can live with that; but now suddenly I'm the worst gamer in the house.
    Lego Star Wars is a blast to play.

Quote Originally Posted by georgiaboy View Post

One area they don't touch me, though -- Tiger Woods PGA. As in, they don't play, so I win by default.

That's a good game. I liked that one.

How old is he specs? My youngest at 2 was showing me how to play games on the iPod and getting frustrated with me. He surprises me at how much he can do now at 3. At 2, he knew the pass code to open the iPod and the iPad and could navigate without effort. Smh. By 3, he mastered using wii u controllers including nunchucks. I love to watch him with games like monument valley which he figures out with ease. He can also find Netflix on any device or computer and runs the smart tv without help using the remote.(no cable so he has to use apps) By just over 3, he could use the built in mouse on the lap top which is pretty cool awareness. I cannot fathom where children raised with this type of technology will go with innovation if they get the opportunity in the future.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Exactly, he let's his wife play video games?!!
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Lego Star Wars is a blast to play.
    Omg, at my house the children are into Lego anything video games. I think we have about every one made. All the children here love them. It also inspired them to make some Lego videos in their spare time.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

//

//
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-19-2016 at 07:25 AM.

So your wife can beat you at that...

And so, you play those type of games. I see.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    //

//

I don't see that as a problem.
    So u have to get off the couch and fetch your own beers. Do u make your own sandwiches too?
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

So about 6months ago my kid started playing video games, first on the tablet, then on wife's Nintendo ds and now on the WIIU. I realized last night that he is already better at it than I am. I dunno how to feel about that as I've got a couple decades of experience on him. I'm still better at some stuff that requires fine motor control or Mario kart; but otherwise he is better at stuff like lego star wars or smash bros. I had already come to grips with the fact that my wife can beat me at video games and I can live with that; but now suddenly I'm the worst gamer in the house.

And this is why we make games that only we can win

I whipped both of my boys at Stratego the other night.

Looking back, I don't think I've ever beaten my mother at any card or board game except for maybe Monopoly. I think she cheats though. It's in her blood, she comes from a long line of rogues, scoundrels and vagabonds.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkBuddha View Post
    I whipped both of my boys at Stratego the other night.

Looking back, I don't think I've ever beaten my mother at any card or board game except for maybe Monopoly. I think she cheats though. It's in her blood, she comes from a long line of rogues, scoundrels and vagabonds.
    I kicked ass at Clue the other night.

My 3year old grand daughter can beat my son she won't even play with me cause I don't play well enough for her.

My kid beats me all the time at memory games.

Don't understand the notion of being torn about your kid being better at something than you are though. It's a good thing. Then again, my dad always hated it when my mom beat him at trivia, when asked why he wasn't proud of having such a smart wife, he stated "I don't want anyone to be better than me at anything, ever."

Men.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post

Don't understand the notion of being torn about your kid being better at something than you are though. It's a good thing. Then again, my dad always hated it when my mom beat him at trivia, when asked why he wasn't proud of having such a smart wife, he stated "I don't want anyone to be better than me at anything, ever."

Men
    COLLECTIVIST!!11!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

./
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-17-2016 at 07:54 AM.

For future reference, this is how you beat the kid at all one player and some 2 player games:
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post

Men.
    When faced with those situations, challenge them to arm wrestling.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Don't have any kids but I know both of my little brothers are better at most games than me. I'm pretty good at those strategy games like Starcraft or Command and Conquer on the computer, but when it comes to Call of Duty or racing games, they're just unreal at them. Though Unreal Tournament I can kick some serious ass in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    When faced with those situations, challenge them to arm wrestling.
    Or wrestling...wrestling works.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast