Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A comment I made about Chris Kyle on Facebook

A comment I made about Chris Kyle on Facebook

I posted this comment on Facebook. I just thought I would post it here and see what you guys think.

"I hate the damn savages ... I couldn't give a flying f*** about the Iraqis." ~ Chris Kyle
    This is what Chris Kyle wrote in his book. Regardless of what you think about the Iraq War, Christians shouldn't have the attitude that certain people are subhuman and have no worth. Every human being has worth to God. God created them. The Bible doesn't teach pacifism, and there are times when we have to kill our enemies. But, we aren't supposed to have an attitude of hate and malice when we do that. It should just be viewed as being a necessary evil. From what I've read, Chris Kyle had an attitude of enjoying killing people and hated those whom he killed. That is not a Christ like attitude. We should do what we have to do to defend ourselves, but we shouldn't hate other people and shouldn't be happy to kill people.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It will be interesting to see the responses.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    It will be interesting to see the responses.
    I don't know if there will necessarily be that many or not. The only comment so far was by a fellow Ron Paul supporter who agreed with me. Those who disagree may just ignore it. I don't generally get a lot of comments on things that I post.

Didn't you get the memo, TC? This has been settled by agents of the state turned theologian.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/t...se-for-killing
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Didn't you get the memo, TC? This has been settled by agents of the state turned theologian.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/t...se-for-killing
    Well, I don't really disagree with him that killing in self defense is morally justified. But of course, it isn't always easy to tell whether it's actual self defense or not, and many times police officers kill people when it's not absolutely necessary and isn't legitimate self defense.

Well, I did get some comments already. I'm trying not to make it into a debate about the Iraq War as that wasn't my intent. I just want Christians to at least see that the attitude that Chris Kyle had was in no way a Christian attitude. But yet some Christians seem to worship this man and think that he can do no wrong.

I saw a post by Gun Owners of America on Facebook saying that Jesus would support Chris Kyle's sniping.

I thought that was odd, since that's not what GOA is supposed to be about, and in fact, as I thought about it, weren't a lot of the people Chris Kyle killed killed merely for exercising their right to keep and bear arms? So the GOA wasn't just going outside of its stated mission, but was positively contradicting it.

I am a believer in and supporter of Self Defense.. and I believe that the bible supports this as well,, though it makes it clear that not resorting to violence it better.
    I can not fault anyone for true Pacifism.
    That said... when you start a fight,, or instigate a conflict,, it is no longer self defense.

The people of Iraq (or Afghanistan) have a justified Position of self defense. US Soldiers do not.

Self Defense is not an issue here.. I heard the man speak,, and have read some of what he wrote.
    He reveled in killing.

I am not his judge. but I will not defend him.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    I am a believer in and supporter of Self Defense.. and I believe that the bible supports this as well,, though it makes it clear that not resorting to violence it better.
    That said... when you start a fight,, or instigate a conflict,, it is no longer self defense.

The people of Iraq (or Afghanistan) have a justified Position of self defense. US Soldiers do not.

Self Defense is not an issue here.. I heard the man speak,, and have read some of what he wrote.
    He reveled in killing.

Yeah, I understand that it wasn't about self defense. I just didn't really want to make it a debate about the war in Iraq, and I generally don't like to stir up controversy. This might actually be the most "controversial" thing I've ever posted to Facebook, even though I didn't go nearly as far as many libertarians would go when talking about Chris Kyle and the Iraq War. But despite watering it down from what I could've said, I still got pushback from what I said on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post

He reveled in killing.

Well said.

We don't have the right to impose our ways on others. Tyrants are tyrants and taking orders from tyrants isn't an excuse to murder people.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Traditional Conservative View Post
    Yeah, I understand that it wasn't about self defense. I just didn't really want to make it a debate about the war in Iraq, and I generally don't like to stir up controversy. This might actually be the most "controversial" thing I've ever posted to Facebook, even though I didn't go nearly as far as many libertarians would go when talking about Chris Kyle and the Iraq War. But despite watering it down from what I could've said, I still got pushback from what I said on Facebook.
    How in the world could any sane person "pushbacK" about what you said in that OP? What you said is the kind of thing every Christian should be able to agree with easily.
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFanatic View Post
    How in the world could any sane person "pushbacK" about what you said in that OP? What you said is the kind of thing every Christian should be able to agree with easily.
    I guess because they viewed it as criticism of Chris Kyle, and apparently he's not ever to be criticized.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    I saw a post by Gun Owners of America on Facebook saying that Jesus would support Chris Kyle's sniping.
    Well, damn. Done with them. If ya got a link.

I thought that was odd, since that's not what GOA is supposed to be about, and in fact, as I thought about it, weren't a lot of the people Chris Kyle killed killed merely for exercising their right to keep and bear arms? So the GOA wasn't just going outside of its stated mission, but was positively contradicting it.
    Never heard of this...but make sure it really is the GOA's account before judging. There are $#@!s out there who create fake accounts just to pose as other people/orgs and make them look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Well, I did get some comments already. I'm trying not to make it into a debate about the Iraq War as that wasn't my intent. I just want Christians to at least see that the attitude that Chris Kyle had was in no way a Christian attitude. But yet some Christians seem to worship this man and think that he can do no wrong.
    Thou art surprised? True story. A neighbor I had once was telling me how much he loved the book "Sole Survivor" and that the movie was coming out. The plot is that a group of Navy SEALS were on a top secret mission deep in Taliban country. A goat herder and his son stumbled across them. They had to make a decision, kill the two innocent Afghans or risk exposure. They chose to risk exposure. My neighbor, a Christian who attends church every Sunday, said "Of course they couldn't kill them because the liberal media would have crucified them when they got home." Really, many Christians are so screwed in the head that they would be quite alright with INNOCENT children being killed if that meant accomplishing the mission.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Thou art surprised? True story. A neighbor I had once was telling me how much he loved the book "Sole Survivor" and that the movie was coming out. The plot is that a group of Navy SEALS were on a top secret mission deep in Taliban country. A goat herder and his son stumbled across them. They had to make a decision, kill the two innocent Afghans or risk exposure. They chose to risk exposure. My neighbor, a Christian who attends church every Sunday, said "Of course they couldn't kill them because the liberal media would have crucified them when they got home." Really, many Christians are so screwed in the head that they would be quite alright with INNOCENT children being killed if that meant accomplishing the mission.
    Why oh why isn't his church telling him to repent? Our churches are so messed up. Ugh..
    This post represents only the opinions of Christian Liberty and not the rest of the forum. Use discretion when reading

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Makes total sense if you realize that to most American Christians, the US Government - god.

I just went to their FB page that has 845,000 likes...here's what they said

Michael Moore attacks Chris Kyle yet again and puts a liberal anti-gun spin on What Would Jesus Do. Of course, we know WWJD -- see Luke 22:36 and I Samuel 13:19.
    But don't you love it when non-Christians try to use Jesus to make their point?
    What is said in Luke 22:36 and I Samuel 13:19?

Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    I just went to their FB page that has 845,000 likes...here's what they said

What is said in Luke 22:36 and I Samuel 13:19?
    Luke is taken well out of context often.. and most certainly in this case. but here is the verse.

And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one.
    and here is the FULL context,
    And He said to them, "When I sent you out without money belt and bag and sandals, you did not lack anything, did you?" They said, "No, nothing." And He said to them, "But now, whoever has a money belt is to take it along, likewise also a bag, and whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one. "For I tell you that this which is written must be fulfilled in Me, 'AND HE WAS NUMBERED WITH TRANSGRESSORS'; for that which refers to Me has its fulfillment."…
    Elsewhere,, Peter used the sword and Christ stopped him and healed the wound caused.

The whole book folks.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

I posted this comment on Facebook. I just thought I would post it here and see what you guys think.
    I think you are correct regarding a Biblical attitude towards War. That said it must be clearly understood that the USA has not fought a War in which USA involvement could pass the Just War test in well over 160 years.

.................................. I still got pushback from what I said on Facebook.
    Why do you even lower yourself to participating in facebook? It is a tool explicitly created to monitor and control the sheeple.

.................................. I still got pushback from what I said on Facebook.
    Why do you even lower yourself to participating in facebook? It is a tool explicitly created to monitor and control the sheeple.

oops on the double up.
    Last edited by paleocon1; 01-31-2015 at 03:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by paleocon1 View Post
    You want to change the way people think, you have to go to where the people are. NSA/FBI honeypot or not.

Quote Originally Posted by paleocon1 View Post
    That said it must be clearly understood that the USA has not fought a War in which USA involvement could pass the Just War test in well over 160 years.
    What about when we used military action after we were attacked at Pearl Harbor and when we used military action immediately after the 9/11 attacks?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What about when we used military action after we were attacked at Pearl Harbor and when we used military action immediately after the 9/11 attacks?
    Action against whom? A criminal conspiracy? If the Mafia murders 100 people in Brooklyn, is it Just to take "military action" against Cleveland?
    What defines "war"?
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post
    Action against whom? A criminal conspiracy? If the Mafia murders 100 people in Brooklyn, is it Just to take "military action" against Cleveland?
    What defines "war"?
    No, we can't take military action against people in our own country. But when a bunch of foreigners come over here and knock down one of our buildings, we're just supposed to sit back and do nothing?

I go from arguing against extremely pro war people on Facebook to arguing against extremely anti war people on this forum. Lol.

No, we can't take military action against people in our own country. But when a bunch of foreigners come over here and knock down one of our buildings, we're just supposed to sit back and do nothing?
    A bunch of Saudis knock down buildings and we attack Afghanistan and Iraq. Yeah, makes perfect sense. Free the 28 pages from the 9/11 report! As much of a whitewash that report was, the TPTB still felt the need to censor it.

I think you missed his point. If the attack came from Brooklyn why attack Cleveland? If the attack was funded by Pakistan and Saudi Arabia, why attack Iraq? And when the FBI was involved in the 1993 WTC attack, when didn't the U.S. military attack the FBI?

A bunch of Saudis knock down buildings and we attack Afghanistan and Iraq. Yeah, makes perfect sense. Free the 28 pages from the 9/11 report! As much of a whitewash that report was, the TPTB still felt the need to censor it.
    I'm not saying that our particular military response in Afghanistan was the only option, but I believe that we had to respond with military force in some way. If not Afghanistan, then propose some kind of other alternative for how to respond with military force when we get attacked. We can't just allow others to attack us and just sit back and do nothing and not defend our country.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast