Thread: FBI agent reportedly says the only way to beat Anonymous 'is to get them all girlfriends'

FBI agent reportedly says the only way to beat Anonymous 'is to get them all girlfriends'

FBI AGENT REPORTEDLY SAYS THE ONLY WAY TO BEAT ANONYMOUS ‘IS TO GET THEM ALL GIRLFRIENDS’

During a presentation for Data Protection Day in Europe, FBI special agent Chuck Esposito apparently made light of the most obvious hacker stereotype — that all hackers are lonely, misanthropic nerds — according to a tweet by Christian Svanberg, a Copenhagen-based privacy lawyer.

As a clichéd trope (all a hacker really wants is love!) Esposito’s comment is kind of perfect in its assumption that all Anonymous-affiliated hacktivists are men, or that any hacktivist woman must be a lesbian.

Not everyone was happy about Esposito’s joke:
    These are tweets, I don't know how to embed them.
    Gabriella Coleman @BiellaColeman
    Instead of Sabu, why didn't the FBI drop off a cache of ladies in Anonymous to lure them away form hacking?https://twitter.com/legalift/status/560410806056402944
    Rob Fitzpatrick @rpfitzpatrick
    Follow
    @BiellaColeman Sure lets start to parachute bikini models into Syria. Really sad to see such a caveman attitude.
    Mathias Vermeulen @legalift
    Chuck Esposito of the FBI says in Denmark "Solution to "Anonymous" is to get them all girlfriends"@BiellaColeman via https://twitter.com/WieseSvanberg/st...09138673778689
    netochka nezvanova @turing_tests
    Follow
    .@legalift @BiellaColeman so much lulz potential here but i think this is more worthy of outrage, actually...
    9:06 AM - 28 Jan 2015
    Biella Coleman, the author of Hacker, Hoaxer, Whistleblower Spy: The Many Faces of Anonymous and an expert on the group, replied that many Anonymous members already have girlfriends:

Jano @Electric_Jano
    @BiellaColeman no no… I can. Still though.
    Gabriella Coleman @BiellaColeman
    Follow
    @Electric_Jano Still what then? It is a ludicrous statement and yes, I know many had g-friends. I have met them.
    8:11 AM - 28 Jan 2015
    Ah, to be young, in love, and a DDOSer.

Update 3:00pm: Looks like Svanberg deleted his tweet for whatever reason. Lucky for us we had a screenshot of it, which we have now dropped in its place.
    http://fusion.net/story/40978/fbi-ag...l-girlfriends/
    Last edited by jct74; 01-29-2015 at 10:28 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I smell a counter-tweet campaign...

The only way to beat the FBI is to get them all boyfriends.

It sure gets lonely on those stakeouts. FED Beefcakes 2 the rescue! We deliver!

-t
    Last edited by tangent4ronpaul; 01-29-2015 at 01:10 PM.

This what the FBI means when it says "girlfriends":

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Someone's been watching Sneakers. (Best NSA movie ever).

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post

Yeah that was a great movie.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Yeah that was a great movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post

Yep it is one of the few films I actually paid for

And it is just as relevant today as it was when it came out.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst